• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

British National Anthem

Londonlisa2001 said:
Chief said:
Yes indeed, no mention of an anthem, I don't see why it's on thread specifically relating to the UK anthem.

Well that's subjective, the right manner in my opinion would be to boo the hell out of that anthem.

It’s not subjective, booing another country’s anthem is pig ignorant. Full stop. I wouldn’t dream of singing it but wouldn’t boo it anymore than I would have booed the French anthem when it was played before our game after the terrorist attacked in Paris.

I don’t imagine for one minute the club will play it anyway. They’d be mad to do so as people would prefer to drag our club’s name through the mud than to shut up for two minutes. Although Sheffield fans will sing it and it will be booed then I guess.

The reason I was glad the fixture was cancelled on Saturday is GSTK would have definitely been played as we were away and it would have been carnage,

If they did play it, the correct behaviour is to shut up for it, have it played in absolute silence, then for the whole stadium to sing our own anthem as loudly as possible. That would be far more powerful than booing like morons.

In your opinion, of course.

cwmdonkinjack said:
Whether you are pro or against The Monarchy-I'm ambivalent, showing some respect for anyone who has passed after a lifetime of service with either a minutes silence or applause, is a basic mark of human dignity. Similarly, if GSTK is aired, booing it is disrespectful of our closest neighbour. Many of our fans and players are either English or have English relatives. I would expect anyone to respect our anthem if played for any ceremonial reason whether in a sporting contest or otherwise. Show some class not a massive chip on your shoulders. We have some very sad keyboard warriors.

Besides an irrational hatred of mountains, harps and poets why would anyone boo our anthem though? (Besides blatent racism).

It's not dedicated to 1 divine being born to rule over us or even been imposed on anyone.

The scenario is incomparable.

cwmdonkinjack said:
Whether you are pro or against The Monarchy-I'm ambivalent, showing some respect for anyone who has passed after a lifetime of service with either a minutes silence or applause, is a basic mark of human dignity. Similarly, if GSTK is aired, booing it is disrespectful of our closest neighbour. Many of our fans and players are either English or have English relatives. I would expect anyone to respect our anthem if played for any ceremonial reason whether in a sporting contest or otherwise. Show some class not a massive chip on your shoulders. We have some very sad keyboard warriors.

There's a massive difference that people like your self are missing between the minutes silence and the anthem. The minutes silence is to show respect to the queen that has died. The Anthem being played afterwards is pointless when respect has already been paid. Just seems like a added bit of fanfare to show aren't we all so great and british. Especially when they are now singing God Save the King for fuck fuck sake.

As for show respect to another countries national anthem, remember they wouldn't let us sing our own before sporting events. That's what they think of us.

Chief said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
It’s not subjective, booing another country’s anthem is pig ignorant. Full stop. I wouldn’t dream of singing it but wouldn’t boo it anymore than I would have booed the French anthem when it was played before our game after the terrorist attacked in Paris.

I don’t imagine for one minute the club will play it anyway. They’d be mad to do so as people would prefer to drag our club’s name through the mud than to shut up for two minutes. Although Sheffield fans will sing it and it will be booed then I guess.

The reason I was glad the fixture was cancelled on Saturday is GSTK would have definitely been played as we were away and it would have been carnage,

If they did play it, the correct behaviour is to shut up for it, have it played in absolute silence, then for the whole stadium to sing our own anthem as loudly as possible. That would be far more powerful than booing like morons.

Well it's interesting that you refer to it as another country's anthem - that removes the excuse some are making that we are all British and should all respect it.

And it's a national anthem in name only - it's a monologue to a rather strange, unsavoury character who has recently been told he's the latest beneficiary of a title (through birth) that entitles him untold privileges and wealth (partially siphoned off from us).

And being aware of history, politics and the symbolism of that anthem is the complete opposite of ignorant. The people who'll sit there quietly while it's played like nodding dogs (the types who say Boris did his best) are the ignorant ones brushing things under carpet and kicking the can down the road.

I don’t view it as my anthem, but I think we should all respect everyone’s anthem. There will be people in our fan base that very much do view it as their anthem and we should also respect them.
I’d sit there quietly and I’m as far removed from a Johnson loving nodding dog as it’s possible to be.
Many English people who would sing their anthem would get rid of the monarchy if they could. Many are also not religious. It doesn’t really matter. I bet half of our supporters haven’t a clue what the Welsh anthem actually means.

Anyway, I’m bored of it. Since the Queen died you haven’t stopped moaning on. I’ve been a Republican for as long as I can remember and I find your attitude ridiculous.

Booing tonight will achieve absolutely nothing other than bring criticism of our club and potentially renewed calls from the right wing press to kick us out of the league (which they’re probably looking for an excuse to do anyway). If you genuinely want them gone there are far better ways of addressing it and far more appropriate times to do so. Look to Northern Ireland’s leaders to see how it should be handled. And they’ve suffered many times more than you have from the royals.

Neath_Jack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Everything on here is someone’s opinion.

I would imagine most users of an Internet forum realise that without it being stated after every post. Feel free to add it after my posts though if you have time.

Chief said:
cwmdonkinjack said:

Besides an irrational hatred of mountains, harps and poets why would anyone boo our anthem though? (Besides blatent racism).

It's not dedicated to 1 divine being born to rule over us or even been imposed on anyone.

The scenario is incomparable.
The scenario was just to state that I would always respect another anthem in nearly every context.

Swanseastar said:
cwmdonkinjack said:

There's a massive difference that people like your self are missing between the minutes silence and the anthem. The minutes silence is to show respect to the queen that has died. The Anthem being played afterwards is pointless when respect has already been paid. Just seems like a added bit of fanfare to show aren't we all so great and british. Especially when they are now singing God Save the King for f**k f**k sake.

As for show respect to another countries national anthem, remember they wouldn't let us sing our own before sporting events. That's what they think of us.
I didn't say that the singing of the anthem had a point or not, rather it shows more class if you choose not to disrespect it. I feel Welsh and British, but that is a separate matter and I respect people who don't. In the context of fat greater conflicts and political disagreements this is trifling. With all their faults our democracy/ies is/are still somewhere I'm proud to call home.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Neath_Jack said:

Everything on here is someone’s opinion.

I would imagine most users of an Internet forum realise that without it being stated after every post. Feel free to add it after my posts though if you have time.

No need to get shirty is there? :roll:

In my opinion of course.

We all have our own views. Always good to hear other people's view on things even if they differ to my own.

Let's all just agree to disagree, what will be will be.

Hopefully we get 3 points tonight.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Chief said:
Well it's interesting that you refer to it as another country's anthem - that removes the excuse some are making that we are all British and should all respect it.

And it's a national anthem in name only - it's a monologue to a rather strange, unsavoury character who has recently been told he's the latest beneficiary of a title (through birth) that entitles him untold privileges and wealth (partially siphoned off from us).

And being aware of history, politics and the symbolism of that anthem is the complete opposite of ignorant. The people who'll sit there quietly while it's played like nodding dogs (the types who say Boris did his best) are the ignorant ones brushing things under carpet and kicking the can down the road.

I don’t view it as my anthem, but I think we should all respect everyone’s anthem. There will be people in our fan base that very much do view it as their anthem and we should also respect them.
I’d sit there quietly and I’m as far removed from a Johnson loving nodding dog as it’s possible to be.
Many English people who would sing their anthem would get rid of the monarchy if they could. Many are also not religious. It doesn’t really matter. I bet half of our supporters haven’t a clue what the Welsh anthem actually means.

Anyway, I’m bored of it. Since the Queen died you haven’t stopped moaning on. I’ve been a Republican for as long as I can remember and I find your attitude ridiculous.

Booing tonight will achieve absolutely nothing other than bring criticism of our club and potentially renewed calls from the right wing press to kick us out of the league (which they’re probably looking for an excuse to do anyway). If you genuinely want them gone there are far better ways of addressing it and far more appropriate times to do so. Look to Northern Ireland’s leaders to see how it should be handled. And they’ve suffered many times more than you have from the royals.

I think I've already addressed all those points previously. So won't bother going on.

I also won't abuse you.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Chief said:

I’m fairly sure that if/when they get to the stadium tonight they won’t actually do anything when it comes down to it.

Mostly keyboard warrior stuff.

Swanseastar said:
We all have our own views. Always good to hear other people's view on things even if they differ to my own.

Let's all just agree to disagree, what will be will be.

Hopefully we get 3 points tonight.

Hopefully Russ gets us to play some shocking football again to reunite the fan base. :lol: :D

MrSwerve said:
Chief said:
Amazing how many people think its just a song and just accept everything thrown their way.

It’s not the time nor place for this stuff.

If you’re happy to give our club a bad name then carry on. A couple of boos in the stands won’t abolish our monarchy.

Damage the club🤣🤣🤣

Nocountryforoldjack said:
MrSwerve said:
It’s not the time nor place for this stuff.

If you’re happy to give our club a bad name then carry on. A couple of boos in the stands won’t abolish our monarchy.

Damage the club🤣🤣🤣

If you're going to quote me at least quote me right... :D

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back