• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

British National Anthem

Darran said:
https://twitter.com/talksport/status/1569639582576287746?s=21&t=PYs9xyf6imwt6o9vAkBjXw

Whilst I like Souness, he's commenting on what he thinks should be an idealistic scenario. The truth and the reality is gonna be very different.
He's also got a strong Rangers background which are a nationalistic bunch and love the Monarchy.
There are strong Catholic arguments in Scotland/Ireland against his ideals...I'm no way saying what's right or wrong, but we shouldn't accept his view as final.
Either way...GSTK should NOT be played tonight .

monmouth said:
3swan said:
Reality in very simple words.

It could be argued though that the football authorities should show respect to us by not imposing playing the Dirge when they know it will cause friction, A minutes silence is quite sufficient to show respect to the dead Queen. Our national anthem is not GSTK. Personally, I would just stay seated, but everybody knows that the outcome is likely to be more malign. It's insane.

I was at one of our games when they had a minutes silence for the Queen Mother.
Our fans were horrifically embarrassing.

Do want you want it's a free country isn't it? It's called democracy if you believe it still exists.

Darran said:
monmouth said:
It could be argued though that the football authorities should show respect to us by not imposing playing the Dirge when they know it will cause friction, A minutes silence is quite sufficient to show respect to the dead Queen. Our national anthem is not GSTK. Personally, I would just stay seated, but everybody knows that the outcome is likely to be more malign. It's insane.

I was at one of our games when they had a minutes silence for the Queen Mother.
Our fans were horrifically embarrassing.

Actually yeah, clapping is safer, sad to say.

Souness taking the moral high ground is laughable!!!
FFS didn't he cause a riot by planting a flag in Turkey when he was managing Galatasary?

monmouth said:
3swan said:
Reality in very simple words.

While I accept what you are saying, we play in the EFL and their directive (or whatever) is to play the anthem.
I don’t expect us as a club, and Cardiff, to be given dispensation. If we did have it, so should all other clubs.

No mention of anthem here:

https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/1569666564038823939?t=BWSDg0h5JNwQeCPAZ30dzA&s=19

Club seen sense?

Amazing how much people get wound up by a bloody song. If you don’t agree with it, stand there in silence, or stay sitting down if you’re really that against GSTK…why on earth would you feel the need to boo it.

Shut up for a minute or two, don’t damage our club and watch the damn game.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-mark-passing-queen-elizabeth-ii

MrSwerve said:
Amazing how much people get wound up by a bloody song. If you don’t agree with it, stand there in silence, or stay sitting down if you’re really that against GSTK…why on earth would you feel the need to boo it.

Amazing how many people think its just a song and just accept everything thrown their way.

Maybe something that should have been done to pacify the easily offended would have been to also play the Welsh national anthem at the handful of games involving Welsh teams, although that probably wouldn’t stop people disrespecting GSTK either. Yes, I know it’s the British anthem.

MrSwerve said:
Maybe something that should have been done to pacify the easily offended would have been to also play the Welsh national anthem at the handful of games involving Welsh teams, although that probably wouldn’t stop people disrespecting GSTK either. Yes, I know it’s the British anthem.

Or neither......

Chief said:
MrSwerve said:

Amazing how many people think its just a song and just accept everything thrown their way.

It’s not the time nor place for this stuff.

If you’re happy to give our club a bad name then carry on. A couple of boos in the stands won’t abolish our monarchy.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back