• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cabango & Wood

Swansea93

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Linked to…Southampton, they’re having a laugh if they think we’ll have a working relationship with them after the whole Martin fiasco.

We can't allow Southampton to gut our club of its best players. Time for these new owners to show some backbone and real ambition.

Pegojack said:
We can't allow Southampton to gut our club of its best players. Time for these new owners to show some backbone and real ambition.

They really want to finish 10th don't they :lol:

If he's seriously looking at Wood and Cabango for a promotion push, he's even more deluded than what comes out of his mouth.. Grimes 5m, Wood 5m and Cabango 10m.. please lord make thy wish come to fruition

If they make serious offers for any players that we would be happy accepting from any other club, it would be idiotic to turn them away because of an argument over £500k that will be resolved in due time. We had one of the worst defences in the league under Martin, if they put enough millions on the table take it and move on with a smile.

jasper_T said:
If they make serious offers for any players that we would be happy accepting from any other club, it would be idiotic to turn them away because of an argument over £500k that will be resolved in due time. We had one of the worst defences in the league under Martin, if they put enough millions on the table take it and move on with a smile.

I would take any defensive stats under Martin with a truck load of salt - his coaching and possession obsession directly cost us at least a quarter of all the goals we conceded last season and thats not counting other goals conceded on the counter when then chasing games.

Under Cooper Cabango and Bennett were the core of one of the most consistent defences in the Championship - under Martin Cabango has always looked like he had a hospital pass in him and Bennett was made to look like a non league pub side defender because Martin would not (or could not) change how his sides would play based on what he had at his disposal.

bakajack said:
I would take any defensive stats under Martin with a truck load of salt - his coaching and possession obsession directly cost us at least a quarter of all the goals we conceded last season and thats not counting other goals conceded on the counter when then chasing games.

Indeed.

We conceded just nine goals in the final ten games of the season after ditching Martin's version of three at the back. Seven goals in nine games if you disregard Millwall away which was the first time we played a back four. In the other thirty six games we conceded fifty five goals. It does seem to suggest that the problem was not the players.

Can anyone see us selling Piroe Grimes Wood and Cabango alongside Manning an Lati leaving? That is the spine of our side currently.

Martin: I want Cabango and Wood because they already know how I want them to play.

Cabango & Wood: We're not going there because we already know how he'll want us to play

karnataka said:
Martin: I want Cabango and Wood because they already know how I want them to play.

Cabango & Wood: We're not going there because we already know how he'll want us to play

Martin: we’ll treble your wages

Cabango & Wood: when can we start.

bakajack said:

Under Cooper Cabango and Bennett were the core of one of the most consistent defences in the Championship - under Martin Cabango has always looked like he had a hospital pass in him and Bennett was made to look like a non league pub side defender because Martin would not (or could not) change how his sides would play based on what he had at his disposal.

Yep, which makes the Cabango link especially confusing. There's a decent player in Ben, but Martin's style certainly doesn't get the best out of him. ben will do much better under the new gaffer I suspect. But it'll all be about £££. Financially we can't compete with S'ton can we, so anyone who fancies a pay rise will be gone.

Ringwood Jack said:
Can anyone see us selling Piroe Grimes Wood and Cabango alongside Manning an Lati leaving? That is the spine of our side currently.

Not until the last week of pre-season :lol:

Dr. Winston said:
Indeed.

We conceded just nine goals in the final ten games of the season after ditching Martin's version of three at the back. Seven goals in nine games if you disregard Millwall away which was the first time we played a back four. In the other thirty six games we conceded fifty five goals. It does seem to suggest that the problem was not the players.

IMO, the problem never was the players and I always believed right from the start that we had a squad more than capable of a top 6 finish or even better if we'd had a more savvy and less egotistical manager. I think that fact that we finished only 3 points outside the playoffs would suggest that was true given that we showed relegation form for at least half of the season. A team is more than just the sum of the players and looking at ours individually, I always thought there was enough there to be far more effective than we were if they could have been moulded into a team by actually using their abilities rather than trying to change them.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back