• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Championship Playoff Final

Captain_Sham

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
Dirty Lids or Wussbot FC? For many reasons, I want Leeds to win.

Dirty Leeds, mainly because we will get the Piroe money if they win, but also because they are Swansea City second XI.
Despite Rusbot, I don't have strong feelings about Soton either way.

Dirty Leeds, mainly because we will get the Piroe money if they win, but also because they are Swansea City second XI.
Despite Rusbot, I don't have strong feelings about Soton either way.
I Still have never watched the highlights from the 1-0 when we were all but relegated. That whole business with the hotel and everything else. Still feels like a bad dream.
I don't hate the club, in fact I always quite liked Soton since 1976 cup final(even had a yellow Soton shirt that Xmas) but I think Russ is a tvvange(even after defending him when he was here)

I Still have never watched the highlights from the 1-0 when we were all but relegated. That whole business with the hotel and everything else. Still feels like a bad dream.
I don't hate the club, in fact I always quite liked Soton since 1976 cup final(even had a yellow Soton shirt that Xmas) but I think Russ is a tvvange(even after defending him when he was here)

I'd only moved over to Spain the week before, and had to search around for an ex pat bar showing the match.
Eventually found one about ten miles from my house. Needless to say, it was far from full, so me and Mrs Pego got prime seats at the bar with the TV screen on the wall right in front of us.
A few minutes before kick off, a guy came in and sat on the empty stool next to me. I said hello, are you here for the match, he said yes, I'm a lifelong Saints fan.
90 minutes of misery.

Watched Leeds 5-6 times this season and they’ve been outstanding. That, along with the fact half of the Welsh team play for them and we get da monies, I’ll be voting for them.

Leeds, for the extra coin we’ll trouser if they go up.

I don’t say this out loud often, but I have a soft spot for Leeds. They were my ‘big’ team in the early 70s before I grew up and I lived and worked there for quite a few years. Their racist, violent support poured cold water on me feeling anything much for them (but, hell, we have enough of those ourselves I suppose) and I still laugh at them when they fall apart again, but I want them to win well today. 20-0 would be nice. That relegation match with Soton is etched on my memory, and the Russbot’s triumphalism if they win would be difficult to stomach.

It could go either way is the truth. 50-50. If Leeds come out of the blocks pressing like they did against Delias they will destroy Martins tactics and force loads of defensive errors. If they come out passive they will lose in the later stages.

I'd only moved over to Spain the week before, and had to search around for an ex pat bar showing the match.
Eventually found one about ten miles from my house. Needless to say, it was far from full, so me and Mrs Pego got prime seats at the bar with the TV screen on the wall right in front of us.
A few minutes before kick off, a guy came in and sat on the empty stool next to me. I said hello, are you here for the match, he said yes, I'm a lifelong Saints fan.
90 minutes of misery.
The atmosphere in the ground was terrible too. It’s quite sad we got so up for Forest to get there, but could hardly raise a whimper to stay there. That said we had relegation written all over us from the day the lying scumbags sold us down the Mississippi.

Leeds win for the Piroe cash and getting Welsh players into the prem although none of them are good enough for that level. Also gets rid of a big club for next season. Keeping Saints down gives me a local fixture and also see what happens to RM with a depleted squad.

A Saints win ...just locals giving it large about being bigger than Bournemouth.

I don’t say this out loud often, but I have a soft spot for Leeds. They were my ‘big’ team in the early 70s before I grew up and I lived and worked there for quite a few years. Their racist, violent support poured cold water on me feeling anything much for them (but, hell, we have enough of those ourselves I suppose) and I still laugh at them when they fall apart again, but I want them to win well today. 20-0 would be nice. That relegation match with Soton is etched on my memory, and the Russbot’s triumphalism if they win would be difficult to stomach.

It could go either way is the truth. 50-50. If Leeds come out of the blocks pressing like they did against Delias they will destroy Martins tactics and force loads of defensive errors. If they come out passive they will lose in the later stages.
The RussBots tactics 😇 have done Leeds over twice this season already - 3-1 and 1-2.

The RussBots tactics 😇 have done Leeds over twice this season already - 3-1 and 1-2.
He'll shit himself with something riding on a game this big. I'm hoping Leeds romp it.

Southampton to win 2-1 with a huge slice of Lady Luck 😵‍💫

Last edited:

Really like Leeds, saw them many times in the 70s , Swans on a Friday night at the vetch, Leeds on Saturday at Elland Road. Will definitely be rooting for them and absolutely detest Southampton. All the fuss they made about the hotel prior to that match here, and their supporters (like spurs) have only got one stupid slow song. And now the fact that overrated Martin is there. Come on LEEDS .

Normall can't stand them but dirty Leeds purely for the extra Piroe transfer money.
Still feels a bit wrong because of the way Leeds conducted themselves when we won League One but so be it.
I really don't give a sh1t about Southampton or RM.

Leeds win for the Piroe cash and getting Welsh players into the prem although none of them are good enough for that level. Also gets rid of a big club for next season. Keeping Saints down gives me a local fixture and also see what happens to RM with a depleted squad.

A Saints win ...just locals giving it large about being bigger than Bournemouth.

I think Dan James proved at Man United and Fulham that he's good enough to be a solid PL player, if not a top class one.

Rodon has never really been given the chance to prove himself at PL level and his performances for Wales against some quality opponents make me believe he can certainly be good enough for a lower-level PL team like Leeds would be.

Ampadu has been brilliant this season and is still only 23. His only regular PL football came for a relegated Sheffield United team. He could certainly make it in the Prem.

I'll give you Connor Roberts though. A very good Championship player, not quite good enough for the PL.

Yes, that was passive Leeds (in the last game anyway). It has a ‘Reading’ feel about it. We’d beaten them twice and so had no fear of them so went for them from the off. If Southampton do that rather than slow Russball, they will probably win. The Downes loan has got them here and if anything gets them up, he’ll be the cause. Quite sickening to think of the championship team we could have had if all the ex Swans had been in the same team.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back