• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Championship Playoff Final

Apparently over 20 members of the Swans staff went to support Martin at Wembley today?
And why wouldn't they?

This is the point that many of our fans appear to miss. He was tremendously well liked while he was here, and nearly everyone involved inside the club was sorry to see him go.

People can denigrate his achievement if they want, many did and do with Cooper still, but both of them now have promotions on their CV within 12 months of leaving here.

Maybe now is the time for some introspection and having a think about our increasingly diminishing status as a serious football club, instead of throwing shade on people who have gone on to bigger and better things since leaving. It really isn't a good look.

Martin with complete freedom at Swansea was a very different manager to Martin working under Jason Wilcox at Southampton. For one thing they never fully adopted the Martin defensive system.
They just spoke to him after the game and came across very honestly, saying that Southampton took a big risk with him as a nobody manager [his words ish] so he was chuffed for them in being brave and taking a chance on him.

Not sure how long he'll last there, but fair play to him, on the other hand I think Farke is probably batting on a sticky wicket now!

Has a Swans manager ever split the fan base like Russ has? It’ll be carnage between Jacks for the next couple of days on Twitter now.

No Russ fan but he set them up superb today. Leeds by contrast were dire. Fair play he's achieved promotion for them. Which to be honest I didn't think he could. Russ vs Pep next year. You can see why Jurgen packed it in having to take on those two next season.

It proves that Russ was the Messiah after all. I expect Wood to become the 13th Apostle for a biggish fee which will more than offset not getting the Piroe bonus.

Has a Swans manager ever split the fan base like Russ has? It’ll be carnage between Jacks for the next couple of days on Twitter now.
It's bizarre how some of our fans were bought in by his bullshit. It's like he was the second coming of Christ.

Last edited:
No Russ fan but he set them up superb today. Leeds by contrast were dire. Fair play he's achieved promotion for them. Which to be honest I didn't think he could. Russ vs Pep next year. You can see why Jurgen packed it in having to take on those two next season.
Can't take it away from him.

Easiest thing in the world is to fail even with all the tools at hand.....this is why you can't take away from Pep despite the backing because on the flip you have Chelsea who go through managers like posters go through usernames.

There is a lot of Swansea fans having humble pie for dessert this evening.

It's bizarre how some of our fans were bought in by his bullshit. It's like he was the second coming of Christ.
You'll be surprised mate, one of his fanboys ponyed up on here earlier after months of inactivity to announce Martin's reincarnation 😄

It's also bizarre how some of our fans seem to see him as the devil incarnate.
I don't get either extreme point of view.
He's our ex manager so he's irrelevant as far as I'm concerned, we move on 🤷‍♂️

You'll be surprised mate, one of his fanboys ponyed up on here earlier after months of inactivity to announce Martin's reincarnation 😄
I did notice.

I'm sure he thoroughly enjoyed our one win in twenty odd games when Wuss was in our dug out.

I don't like or dislike the fella. I'm sure he's a very nice man.

He's just an overrated manager who used to bore the pants off me for the two years he was here.

Throw in to the mix his habit of hanging players out to dry as well.

Very bizarre.
He has his faults but nowhere near to the level some have highlighted, some have also put him at a god like level.

I can certainly take him or leave him but I have always tried to keep open minded to the situation he and former managers have been up against or had to their advantage.

A poor manager doesn't get Soton promoted!

He done well to get them promoted considering 3 strong teams and the suprise package added in Ipswich.
A poor manager ultimately doesn't get them promoted but pictures are painted everyday in life to suit agendas.......people don't like to be proven wrong and will creative narratives to save face.

RM got a lot of stick from Saints fans for the way they played and he relented and played more to their strengths. He was on the edge there quite a few times so credit to him for getting promotion

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back