• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Championship Playoff Final

Very bizarre.
He has his faults but nowhere near to the level some have highlighted, some have also put him at a god like level.

I can certainly take him or leave him but I have always tried to keep open minded to the situation he and former managers have been up against or had to their advantage.

A poor manager doesn't get Soton promoted!

He done well to get them promoted considering 3 strong teams and the suprise package added in Ipswich.
A poor manager ultimately doesn't get them promoted but pictures are painted everyday in life to suit agendas.......people don't like to be proven wrong and will creative narratives to save face.
Just out of interest, who were two other stronger teams, taking Leicester out of the equation.

I don't like or dislike the fella. I'm sure he's a very nice man.

He's just an overrated manager who used to bore the pants off me for the two years he was here.

Throw in to the mix his habit of hanging players out to dry as well.
You may not but a hell of a lot do.
I think he should have gone before he did but that was down to our owners & not him, managers don't resign these days.
Not sure why you think he's overrated, the majority on this & the indy message boards wanted him gone in the end?
Can't comment on the likes of twitter/X though!

You may not but a hell of a lot do.
I think he should have gone before he did but that was down to our owners & not him, managers don't resign these days.
Not sure why you think he's overrated, the majority on this & the indy message boards wanted him gone in the end?
Can't comment on the likes of twitter/X though!
I sat through two years of the most boring football I've ever witnessed following the Swans. One particular highlight was throwing away a two nil lead to Millwall with minutes left on the clock.

His inability to organise a defence is alarming, especially when you consider he was an international central defender. The way he threw players under the bus to disguise his own short comings didn't really appeal to me either.

If you take a look at the Southampton message board the majority of them can't stand him.

Yes he's taken Southampton up, you could argue that a team with the second biggest wage budget in the league should really have gone up automatically and not had to rely on the play offs for promotion.

Those are just some of the reason why I think he's overrated.

Ps, if he was made out of vegan chocolate he'd eat himself.

Martin deserves respect for getting them through the playoffs. For the season he’s had he deserves a shot at the PL.

My gripe with him and Cooper is, in their own ways, they f**ked us up. Martin’s bollocks is still fu**ing us up. What they do subsequently has no impact on that and never will. The fanboys still holding a torch need to f**k off.

Just out of interest, who were two other stronger teams, taking Leicester out of the equation.
3 strong teams were Leicester, Leeds and Soton. I never said there were 2 stronger teams, I think you just misread.

One team from Soton or Leeds not getting promoted was going to be failure........Leeds were the odd I ones out.

Apparently over 20 members of the Swans staff went to support Martin at Wembley today?
That's pretty shocking considering the employer of those 20 people are suing Martin.

Pretty embarrassing too. They should be gutted we aren't reaching these heights at the club that pay their wages (in the same division) not fawning over an ex manager who walked out. I understand relationships form etc but congratulatory text / tweet would suffice. Wreaks of tinpot.

I sat through two years of the most boring football I've ever witnessed following the Swans. One particular highlight was throwing away a two nil lead to Millwall with minutes left on the clock.

His inability to organise a defence is alarming, especially when you consider he was an international central defender. The way he threw players under the bus to disguise his own short comings didn't really appeal to me either.

If you take a look at the Southampton message board the majority of them can't stand him.

Yes he's taken Southampton up, you could argue that a team with the second biggest wage budget in the league should really have gone up automatically and not had to rely on the play offs for promotion.

Those are just some of the reason why I think he's overrated.

Ps, if he was made out of vegan chocolate he'd eat himself.
Thinking his football was boring is fair enough if that's your opinion, can't say it excited me either but I it wasn't nearly as dull as some of the cr@p I've watched over the years- Alan Cork anyone?
The last Swans team I really enjoyed watching was Potter's.
Given their budgets Southampton & Leeds should both have gone up, Southampton did & Leeds didn't.
Why the hell would I be interested in a Southampton message board as a Swans fan?

People can denigrate his achievement if they want, many did and do with Cooper still, but both of them now have promotions on their CV within 12 months of leaving here.
On Forest:

They had an absolutely brilliant, deep squad that was being mismanaged and was hugely underachieving. Even you or I couldn't have failed to get them to the playoffs.

On Forest:

They had an absolutely brilliant, deep squad that was being mismanaged and was hugely underachieving. Even you or I couldn't have failed to get them to the playoffs.

You're selectively quoting, in order to conveniently ignore the bit where I said "maybe now is the time for some introspection....instead of throwing shade on people who have gone on to bigger and better things since leaving. It really isn't a good look".

I didn't like Cooper, and I stand by my assertion that he didn't have to do much to get Forest promoted, but the point is, he did. As has Martin now. At some point we have to accept we are no longer the club where people come to enjoy success. We're the club that people have to leave in order to have success.

You're selectively quoting, in order to conveniently ignore the bit where I said "maybe now is the time for some introspection....instead of throwing shade on people who have gone on to bigger and better things since leaving. It really isn't a good look".

I didn't like Cooper, and I stand by my assertion that he didn't have to do much to get Forest promoted, but the point is, he did. As has Martin now. At some point we have to accept we are no longer the club where people come to enjoy success. We're the club that people have to leave in order to have success.
We've always been a stepping stone. The only thing that has changed lately is our stone is slightly smaller than it used to be.

It's also funny how football can unite and divide people at the same time. I have similar feelings towards Martin like you do towards Cooper.

Anyhow, glad to see the back of this season and I wait with bated breath for the Summer and the delights the transfer window brings with it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back