• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Chris Needs

RIP ....WAS a distant cuz to my wife and we pass his charity shop often to visit our Grandkids.

An unique radio presenter who was a great source of comfort to his listeners...RIP.

A cousin who is a singer/actor/entertainer and came out is his early 40s has just put this on Facebook:

It’s been a tough ol time for us singers and artistes this past few months . People don’t really understand the financial and emotional implications. They have their own lives and that’s fair enough .
However , one friend has stood out to me . He reached out to me , and to others in the same position ,rang and messaged me for a chat just to empathise and offer some comfort .
That same person has offered me career possibilities that meant loads to me but really gave him nothing in return . That’s what good friends do .

I never forget my friends and I’ll never forget Chris Needs and all he’s done for me .

Hard to believe we ll never hear those stories again and gossip and swear and discuss music and all sorts of nonsense . I will genuinely miss him , as will thousands of listeners who took him into their homes every night when the world got lonely .

My heart breaks today for Gabe and their families .
Another good one gone .

Sleep well bach x

A lovely tribute.
I’ve not lived in Wales since ‘97, so not someone I was that familiar with, but sounds like we lost a good guy.

He was a lovely man and a gentle soul! He will be missed by his followers in the garden.

When I worked nights, and living oop norf, I was genuinely surprised how much of the factory listened to Chris's show. Radio 1, 2 and commercial stations were all retuned to 95.4 FM at 10pm, such was the man's wide appeal. Several were even in the garden. He's left a big hole in so many people's lives who listened to his gentle, wonderful show.
RIP Chris.

I guess like many swans fans i only ever caught his show on the way home from a midweek game or after some sports broadcast.

Wonderfully and hypnotically entertaining in an off the wall way.

I don't take recreational drugs, but listening to "in the Garden" gives me some idea what it must be like.

RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

Very saddened to hear this news earlier.
I've listened to his 10pm show for as long as I can remember.
As others have said, a unique and sometimes surreal programme, but one that provided a bit of companionship to many, especially so over the last few months.
:cry:

RIP Legend of the Welsh airwaves with a unique show, garden member 862 😢

HERres 2 clips , RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnW5Fgjnbjg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAfHPHSNUAo

One of the last times I heard him , he played AC/DC followed by Spanish Flamenco , brilliant .

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back