• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Christie & Wolf

Swansea93

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Martin stating they both want to stay, and particularly Wolf desperate to stay with us, but he doubts the club will be able to finance the deal, tricky one with Wolf as I’m sure he’s in the last year of his contract at his parent club, having spent 8M on him probably on big wages there’s no way he’s being loaned out to us unless he signs a new contract there.

Both have been great signings imo.

Wolf not for me.

Struggles to beat a man, very frustrating player.

But i will say, i think a lot of players are better than what we are seeing at the moment, the tactics and lethargic style of play is strangling our players.

It’s a tough one I’ve really enjoyed Wolf on times and he’s in a different position to what he usually plays, if Paterson left he could move into his natural position and we may see more of his potential like the goal he scored at Reading.

Hannes Wolf has not been a great signing. Take away his goal up in Legoland and give me a list of key game contributions that resulted in three points.

Christie started well and has since regressed.

My 11 year old told me today that Wolf reminded him of Celina when he was having one of his bad games. 😂. No truly decent players are going to flourish in this ‘system’. I had to apologise to my boys for taking them today. Awful.

Christie has never been a free flowing wing back
Wolf has never been a maurauding winger/wing back
Manning is never a left CB
Naughton has never been an aggressive CB
Korey Smith is and will not be a wing back
Piroe is not a 10, even though he's done ok
Latibeaudiere is never a wing back

And he wonders why we're shipping goals and players are finding it strange/new

The only two he plays in his proper positions is Grimes and Downes who only care about their passing stats at the end of the game.. you don't have to be Einstein to work out simple basics

Skippyjack said:
Christie has never been a free flowing wing back
Wolf has never been a maurauding winger/wing back
Manning is never a left CB
Naughton has never been an aggressive CB
Korey Smith is and will not be a wing back
Piroe is not a 10, even though he's done ok
Latibeaudiere is never a wing back

And he wonders why we're shipping goals and players are finding it strange/new

The only two he plays in his proper positions is Grimes and Downes who only care about their passing stats at the end of the game.. you don't have to be Einstein to work out simple basics

Agree with all that other than Piroe… I think he may be best suited to that deeper role… running into the box from late and some of his build up play has been wonderful - reminds me so much of my namesake.

Keep christie because he is experienced and has a touch of class but get rid of wolf, he is too weak for championship football and costs too much, we could get a far better british player for what we are paying for him.

Fireboy said:
Keep christie because he is experienced and has a touch of class but get rid of wolf, he is too weak for championship football and costs too much, we could get a far better british player for what we are paying for him.

I’m the opposite, I think Wolf with a season under his belt at this level could be a big player next year, wouldn’t be against keeping Christie but think we need better and quicker on right hand side as a starting RWB.

Fireboy said:

We already have a left wingback in the form of Ogbeta who did excellently in his two games he played. Why he didn't get more gametime I will never know.

Risc said:
Fireboy said:

I’m the opposite, I think Wolf with a season under his belt at this level could be a big player next year, wouldn’t be against keeping Christie but think we need better and quicker on right hand side as a starting RWB.

Opinions eh risc 😁

Fireboy said:
Risc said:

Opinions eh risc 😁

Does the outlay for Wolf generate the return? I’m not sure that it does.

Wolf's no wide player. Doesn't have the pace he needs to get past his man. Could be a contributor in a more central position though. Question is are we going to need another one of those? Maybe a Piroe replacement at #10.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back