• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Christie & Wolf

Niigata Jack said:
Cooperman said:
Hannes Wolf has not been a great signing. Take away his goal up in Legoland and give me a list of key game contributions that resulted in three points.

Christie started well and has since regressed.

This

Paterson can go as well for me and I think he will.

It depends where you draw the line. For me there are only a few I would definitely like to keep and I'm not too bothered about any of the rest, Paterson included. Trouble is, the ones I'd like to keep are the ones most likely to leave and if they all go, of those left, Paterson would probably be our most effective player from this season and in those circumstances, I'd keep him because I can't see us replacing those leaving with anyone as good.

Uxy said:
Risc said:
On loan I mean I obviously don’t mean perm

Pointless. High wage, no upside to us if value increases.

If we're relying on a player trading model then any big wages need to be on players we can realise a big upside on.

There is a place for loans but they'll be more on prospects.

Are you privy to what Wolf was on here? He took a large pay cut and his club more than likely paid a percentage.

We do rely on a trading model, we did last year and we will make a very healthy profit, at the same time we brought in loanees like Christie who is the wrong side of 30, it’s sometimes necessary. Burns was a prospect and all that’s done is probably put off Man City sending anyone else down here for a good while.

Risc said:
Cooperman said:
Does the outlay for Wolf generate the return? I’m not sure that it does.

Would be another significant drop in wages for him, but if what Martin is saying is true, and he is desperate to come back then maybe he will. Who knows.

This ogbeta is a weird one, hasn’t had a look in and doesn’t seem fancied at all so if Wolf doesn’t return we’ll need two LWB’s unless Martin fancies someone like McFayden, who has always impressed me on the little I have seen of the u23s

Ogbeta and Burns - I just dont get either transfer based on how things panned out fromJanuary onwards

Risc said:
Uxy said:
Pointless. High wage, no upside to us if value increases.

If we're relying on a player trading model then any big wages need to be on players we can realise a big upside on.

There is a place for loans but they'll be more on prospects.

Are you privy to what Wolf was on here? He took a large pay cut and his club more than likely paid a percentage.

We do rely on a trading model, we did last year and we will make a very healthy profit, at the same time we brought in loanees like Christie who is the wrong side of 30, it’s sometimes necessary. Burns was a prospect and all that’s done is probably put off Man City sending anyone else down here for a good while.

After my time. And, unfortunately, answers aren't easily forthcoming generally these days ... But either way, he went for decent money the year earlier, he'd be on a decent wage.

My issue with the player trading model we are implementing is the deficit we're leaving ourselves needing to fill year on year. I'd reckon that's £10m+. Firstly, that's difficult to do even ignoring everything else, but secondly if other clubs know that's what you need to do they will bid accordingly. Football is a very incestuous world in that regard.

Aye, our loanees haven't been entirely productive during the past season. Will that have burned bridges with Liverpool and Man City? Possibly, but I'm not so sure. The Allen departure may have an impact on Man City given his ties there.

Time will tell on all counts. Going to be silly season over the next month or so, with loads of people pretending their ITK. It was a regular source of amusement to me last summer with people claiming to know all sorts, despite them being spectacularly wrong all the time. The manager speculation was very amusing.

PSumbler said:
Risc said:
Would be another significant drop in wages for him, but if what Martin is saying is true, and he is desperate to come back then maybe he will. Who knows.

This ogbeta is a weird one, hasn’t had a look in and doesn’t seem fancied at all so if Wolf doesn’t return we’ll need two LWB’s unless Martin fancies someone like McFayden, who has always impressed me on the little I have seen of the u23s

Ogbeta and Burns - I just dont get either transfer based on how things panned out fromJanuary onwards

Wouldn't surprise me if both signings are part of the reason Allen is no longer here.

Uxy said:
Risc said:

After my time. And, unfortunately, answers aren't easily forthcoming generally these days ... But either way, he went for decent money the year earlier, he'd be on a decent wage.

My issue with the player trading model we are implementing is the deficit we're leaving ourselves needing to fill year on year. I'd reckon that's £10m+. Firstly, that's difficult to do even ignoring everything else, but secondly if other clubs know that's what you need to do they will bid accordingly. Football is a very incestuous world in that regard.

Aye, our loanees haven't been entirely productive during the past season. Will that have burned bridges with Liverpool and Man City? Possibly, but I'm not so sure. The Allen departure may have an impact on Man City given his ties there.

Time will tell on all counts. Going to be silly season over the next month or so, with loads of people pretending their ITK. It was a regular source of amusement to me last summer with people claiming to know all sorts, despite them being spectacularly wrong all the time. The manager speculation was very amusing.

"unfortunately, answers aren't easily forthcoming generally these days"

The Trust Board should be open and honest, they are representing the Supporters not themselves, I get that not everything that goes on at the club can be broadcast, but they seem to be acting like they're a closed shop, after the deal debacle I wouldn't trust them to put water in a Budgies cage.

Niigata Jack said:
Uxy said:

"unfortunately, answers aren't easily forthcoming generally these days"

The Trust Board should be open and honest, they are representing the Supporters not themselves, I get that not everything that goes on at the club can be broadcast, but they seem to be acting like they're a closed shop, after the deal debacle I wouldn't trust them to put water in a Budgies cage.

I was being a little flippant to be fair. I wouldn't expect the Trust to comment on such matters as these.

I would expect them to comment on the financial approach of the club, state whether they're comfortable with it and, if so, explain why. The Trust's recent statement (since amended) that we'll need loans in the future to cover the shortfall does rather imply it's bought in to the prevailing logic of the majority owners that we should be spending more than we earn and try and make the difference up another way (loans or sales).

Risc said:
PSumbler said:

Wouldn't surprise me if both signings are part of the reason Allen is no longer here.

Its been suggested to me by more than one person that it is definitely the case for Burns, not so sure about Ogbeta

PSumbler said:
Risc said:

Its been suggested to me by more than one person that it is definitely the case for Burns, not so sure about Ogbeta

How much are brown envelopes these days 🤔

Swanjaxs said:
PSumbler said:

https://www.viking-direct.co.uk/en/p/2541?sgt=GB-R21&customerType=consumer&?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=surface_google&cm_mmc=Google-_-pla_gen_google-shopping_desktop-essentials_gosc-_-desktop-essentials-gosc-_-2541&gclid=CjwKCAjw9-KTBhBcEiwAr19ig5y3Nes5Qt2XEO4lPFwPv7ZViOfOONApU3ucgIcau01vuwv80fDeWxoCde0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Happy to help

PSumbler said:
Swanjaxs said:

https://www.viking-direct.co.uk/en/p/2541?sgt=GB-R21&customerType=consumer&?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=surface_google&cm_mmc=Google-_-pla_gen_google-shopping_desktop-essentials_gosc-_-desktop-essentials-gosc-_-2541&gclid=CjwKCAjw9-KTBhBcEiwAr19ig5y3Nes5Qt2XEO4lPFwPv7ZViOfOONApU3ucgIcau01vuwv80fDeWxoCde0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Happy to help

A good size envelope that at a good price 👌
You could stuff plenty of bullseye's in them 🎯

Christie linked with Forest & Watford and a couple of clubs in Turkey.

Swansea93 said:

I’ve never got the vibe that he will be with us next season.

Cooperman said:
Swansea93 said:

I thought he moved his family down here as he had every intention of staying here, be big shoes to fill if he doesn't stay, money talks though and I guess at his age he'll go where the most money is, its not like he has an affiliation with the Club or the City.

Niigata Jack said:
Cooperman said:

I thought he moved his family down here as he had every intention of staying here, be big shoes to fill if he doesn't stay, money talks though and I guess at his age he'll go where the most money is, its not like he has an affiliation with the Club or the City.

No idea about his family situation but you’re spot on re one last pay day. Based on his performances over recent months I think we can get better value for money elsewhere.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back