• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Completely changing our style was an absolute disaster

These things can all be true:

Martin should have been replaced as his ability to talk far outstripped his ability to achieve results.

Duff was a very strange decision given his teams were not known for an attacking, possession based game.

Our squad is hopelessly unbalanced.

It must be possible to get the players we have playing better than yesterday.

We sell our best players every year so at some point it catches up.

We have no creativity or pace in the squad.

The formation we use is dreadful and doesn’t make the most of what little we actually do have.

The only thing that could make this worse is appointing Nathan Jones.

As an aside, it never ceases to amaze me that people are so keen to follow Watson. It’s to a large extent him that has brought in the manager and the players. There is nothing in his background that suggests he is some sort of footballing messiah.

Oh, and I do wish we didn’t have one ‘owner’ after another who thinks they know anything at all about ‘soccer’ just because they’ve watched some team in the MLS for a few years.

Londonlisa2001 said:
These things can all be true:

Martin should have been replaced as his ability to talk far outstripped his ability to achieve results.

Duff was a very strange decision given his teams were not known for an attacking, possession based game.

Our squad is hopelessly unbalanced.

It must be possible to get the players we have playing better than yesterday.

We sell our best players every year so at some point it catches up.

We have no creativity or pace in the squad.

The formation we use is dreadful and doesn’t make the most of what little we actually do have.

The only thing that could make this worse is appointing Nathan Jones.

As an aside, it never ceases to amaze me that people are so keen to follow Watson. It’s to a large extent him that has brought in the manager and the players. There is nothing in his background that suggests he is some sort of footballing messiah.

Oh, and I do wish we didn’t have one ‘owner’ after another who thinks they know anything at all about ‘soccer’ just because they’ve watched some team in the MLS for a few years.

Stick to pounds shillings and pence, disliking a manger because of the terminology he used is pretty pathetic, not sure if you’ve noticed but just about every modern day manager uses the same vocabulary…work, group,process, surely Duff is straight talking enough for you.

Dwy Goes Bren said:
We’ve had a month and a half of turgid, unstructured hit and hope garbage.There’s nothing in Duff’s pedigree to suggest he has any genuine commitment to the type of football many fans would like to see (and there are many variations on possession based attacking football). He seems like a dull, uninspiring dinosaur who thinks effort and energy are adequate replacements for ability, tactical nous and quality coaching. It’s all very well saying that a manager needs time but there have to be signs that there is an actual plan in place and that incremental progress towards the goal is being achieved. We’ve seen none.

The mad thing is if he is permitted to implement his programme we will likely see the complete and probably irreversible destruction of the approach that has given us an edge in the past. This appointment was ill advised and incredibly short termist. Even if it succeeded we’d end up being a pound shop Luton. The kind of football you’d be better off watching on Ceefax and about as modern. I’m frankly astonished at how the yanks, having seemingly recruited new investors who presumably want a return, have found ever newer ways to burn their cash and destroy our identity.

Add to this the fact that every time Duff opens his mouth he manages to put both feet in it, and somehow confirm the suspicion that he’s an out of his depth imbecile. I’m struggling to see the case for giving him more time. It’s like giving an arsonist more time.

Well said.

Copamundial said:
Stick to pounds shillings and pence, disliking a manger because of the terminology he used is pretty pathetic, not sure if you’ve noticed but just about every modern day manager uses the same vocabulary…work, group,process, surely Duff is straight talking enough for you.

It’s nothing to do with being straight talking.
Martin’s focus was only on Martin. His ability to convince idiots that he’s Pep was not matched by his ability to set up a team that could defend the ball, transition from defence to attack in any sort of meaningful way, create chances and deliver possession that results in anything other than glossy stats.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Martin’s focus was only on Martin. His ability to convince idiots that he’s Pep was not matched by his ability to set up a team that could defend the ball, transition from defence to attack in any sort of meaningful way, create chances and deliver possession that results in anything other than glossy stats.

Absolute nonsense…nothing more to add.

Londonlisa2001 said:

I would take that over the cack we are seeing presently. This pragmatic style is not or will never work considering our ethos as a club.

magicdaps10 said:
I would take that over the cack we are seeing presently. This pragmatic style is not or will never work considering our ethos as a club.

The vast majority of fans I spoke to ( you know the ones who actually attend games ) feel the same.

Duff has alluded to last season being "extreme" and I think most fans would agree that under Martin we could have got the ball forward a bit quicker at times, looked for a killer pass more often than we did, etc.

All that we really needed to do this season was tweak what we had under Martin but it appears as though we are now trying to do the opposite. If we didn't quite have the players to play how RM wanted to, we certainly don't have the players to play the way Duff wants to play.

Oh and the new manager is definitely going to be Nathan Jones, isn't it? And if it is, well at least we'll have someone who has been successful at this level playing a certain way, even if it isn't the way we want to see the Swans play.

magicdaps10 said:

As I said in my initial post, it can be true both that Martin was not right and Duff is not right.

Those are not the only two choices.

ARQS said:
Duff has alluded to last season being "extreme" and I think most fans would agree that under Martin we could have got the ball forward a bit quicker at times, looked for a killer pass more often than we did, etc.

All that we really needed to do this season was tweak what we had under Martin but it appears as though we are now trying to do the opposite. If we didn't quite have the players to play how RM wanted to, we certainly don't have the players to play the way Duff wants to play.

Oh and the new manager is definitely going to be Nathan Jones, isn't it? And if it is, well at least we'll have someone who has been successful at this level playing a certain way, even if it isn't the way we want to see the Swans play.

He’s also failed at this level and would be cut no slack at any point. Mixing him into this dogs breakfast would be a disaster.

Copamundial said:
Absolute nonsense…nothing more to add.

He finished 15th and 10th in two terrible championships, then he couldn’t wait to leave twats like you behind. Dry your eyes ffs.

A4Jack said:
One of the reasons he wanted the job was an easier commute to Swansea than Barnsley. Nice to know we were convenient for him

I mean I get Watson living in Hitchin as he can do a lot of his work online or travel for meetings, but the head coach? Not having it.

There must be discontent secretly with the players, cant be happy with style/results etc. He must have lost or is losing the dressing room. His general demeanour hardly screams positivity.
He keeps mentioning his previous achievements ffs...like we give a shit.
Call time on this clown before it's too late.

sainthelens said:
There must be discontent secretly with the players, cant be happy with style/results etc. He must have lost or is losing the dressing room. His general demeanour hardly screams positivity.
He keeps mentioning his previous achievements ffs...like we give a s**t.
Call time on this clown before it's too late.

Been told by someone who hosts scholars that the word in the camp is that the players think Duff is a cunt.

Swanjaxs said:
Been told by someone who hosts scholars that the word in the camp is that the players think Duff is a c**t.

You seen his post presser jaxs ?
" I've done this, I've done that "
" we've had new faces"
" lack of quality "
Anyone's fault but his own. Gotta be a dead man walking shirley.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back