• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Completely changing our style was an absolute disaster

I've no interest in comparing Duff to previous managers, he's in charge & he's the only 1 that matters now.
What baffles me is that l can't see what he's trying to do, there appears to be no obvious plan on how we're trying to win games.
He's keeping the same formation & changing a few players here & there without having any control or creativity in any game.

From Swansealona to pragmatic football.

Goes to show how unnatached to the area and the lack of understanding that every football club has its own identity.........spend enough time away from it or you don't get involved in it, you soon tend to make the wrong decisions regards the club, the situation and it's ethos.
It's pretty damning.

magicdaps10 said:
From Swansealona to pragmatic football.

Goes to show how unnatached to the area and the lack of understanding that every football club has its own identity.........spend enough time away from it or you don't get involved in it, you soon tend to make the wrong decisions regards the club, the situation and it's ethos.
It's pretty damning.

Is it true that the manager lives in Cheltenham?

waynekerr55 said:
Is it true that the manager lives in Cheltenham?

That's definitely true. As he did when at Barnsley.

We don't possess the quality of player to play a possession based style of football anymore, if we are going to get away with it this season, and it's a very big if, we are going to have to slug it out, and in my opinion, we don't have the players required to roll thier sleeves up and fight it out, Grimes ffs :lol:

Ah the good old P.R. machine.

Repeat
Repeat
Repeat

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/matt-grimes-we-want-apologise-fans-after-gut-wrenching-derby-defeat

Swanjaxs said:
We don't possess the quality of player to play a possession based style of football anymore, if we are going to get away with it this season, and it's a very big if, we are going to have to slug it out, and in my opinion, we don't have the players required to roll thier sleeves up and fight it out, Grimes ffs :lol:

We had a golden chance this summer to get a manager committed to attacking, possession-based football with tactical flexibility. A chance to get back to basics.

Instead, Paul Watson completely ripped up the script, signed Duff and 13 players who seemingly can’t string two passes together.

He and Coleman have a lot to answer for.

Ross said:
The Swans were known as a footballing side from the 50s through to the 80s. Lost it for a couple of decades before Roberto brought it back.

don't forget the stagnant Gregg years in the 70s, where we can thank Harry Griffiths for changing things back.

waynekerr55 said:
f*****g hell. It's not as if he can do stuff over Teams/Zoom, is it?

One of the reasons he wanted the job was an easier commute to Swansea than Barnsley. Nice to know we were convenient for him

We’ve had a month and a half of turgid, unstructured hit and hope garbage.There’s nothing in Duff’s pedigree to suggest he has any genuine commitment to the type of football many fans would like to see (and there are many variations on possession based attacking football). He seems like a dull, uninspiring dinosaur who thinks effort and energy are adequate replacements for ability, tactical nous and quality coaching. It’s all very well saying that a manager needs time but there have to be signs that there is an actual plan in place and that incremental progress towards the goal is being achieved. We’ve seen none.

The mad thing is if he is permitted to implement his programme we will likely see the complete and probably irreversible destruction of the approach that has given us an edge in the past. This appointment was ill advised and incredibly short termist. Even if it succeeded we’d end up being a pound shop Luton. The kind of football you’d be better off watching on Ceefax and about as modern. I’m frankly astonished at how the yanks, having seemingly recruited new investors who presumably want a return, have found ever newer ways to burn their cash and destroy our identity.

Add to this the fact that every time Duff opens his mouth he manages to put both feet in it, and somehow confirm the suspicion that he’s an out of his depth imbecile. I’m struggling to see the case for giving him more time. It’s like giving an arsonist more time.

His style may work in league 1...obviously it does.
This is only gonna end one way, so let's rip the plaster, fck him off and move on with someone who has a modicum of ability.

From an identity to identical, simple as that really,mind, I’m not really sure why some are moaning it’s what some wanted isn’t it….fast flowing football played on the front foot, only one problem…it’s the opposition who are doing it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back