• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Completely changing our style was an absolute disaster

monmouth said:
He finished 15th and 10th in two terrible championships, then he couldn’t wait to leave twats like you behind. Dry your eyes ffs.

And that response tells me everything I need to know about you, you’re a non entity totally anonymous to the club and it’s support…now go do what you do best …change the batteries in your f…ing remote.

3swan said:
Ah the good old P.R. machine.

Repeat
Repeat
Repeat

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/matt-grimes-we-want-apologise-fans-after-gut-wrenching-derby-defeat

Grimes is a cunt

If the so called ethos of the club/the way we play is being changed, how does this affect the youngsters in the junior sides coming through? The ' identity ' will be gone forever.

Grimes apologising tells you everything,and living in Cheltenham makes all the difference especially when it comes to the Derby.

How can you possibly know the level of feeling when you live a hundred miles away, it’s a bit like the joking Man U and Liverpool fans that live in the area and their faux hostility to each other.

sainthelens said:
You seen his post presser jaxs ?
" I've done this, I've done that "
" we've had new faces"
" lack of quality "
Anyone's fault but his own. Gotta be a dead man walking shirley.

All I've seen so far is crap football and a manager who spends most of his time sat on his ass looking clueless Saint...

Swanjaxs said:
Been told by someone who hosts scholars that the word in the camp is that the players think Duff is a c**t.

I think the issue isn't so much they think he's a cûnt, it's probably he's a cûnt who probably isn't delivering decent sessions and helping the players get better. Footballers are selfish at best (money and game time are all they care about) so if he's a dick and he can't get his message across (which, judging by the lack of shape or plan seems likely) he's probably at the point where he's losing the dressing room

waynekerr55 said:
I think the issue isn't so much they think he's a cûnt, it's probably he's a cûnt who probably isn't delivering decent sessions and helping the players get better. Footballers are selfish at best (money and game time are all they care about) so if he's a dick and he can't get his message across (which, judging by the lack of shape or plan seems likely) he's probably at the point where he's losing the dressing room

I think use of the ‘C’ is a bit OTT, I don’t believe that he arrived with the reputation of being one. A more appropriate choice of word would be ‘inept’; Martin was a mixture of both inept and stubborn. It’s too early to state that Duff is stubborn. However, tactics, coaching, demonstration of leadership, handling of the press - all seem inept.

Cooperman said:
I think use of the ‘C’ is a bit OTT, I don’t believe that he arrived with the reputation of being one. A more appropriate choice of word would be ‘inept’; Martin was a mixture of both inept and stubborn. It’s too early to state that Duff is stubborn. However, tactics, coaching, demonstration of leadership, handling of the press - all seem inept.
Yep good point. Probably should've said not liked👍

From what I understand he’s an absolute authoritarian the way he conducts himself at the club… it’s polar opposing managerial style to what the players were used to.

His style of management and his style of play really grate these players

Copamundial said:
Grimes apologising tells you everything,and living in Cheltenham makes all the difference especially when it comes to the Derby.

How can you possibly know the level of feeling when you live a hundred miles away, it’s a bit like the joking Man U and Liverpool fans that live in the area and their faux hostility to each other.

Grimes coming out an apologising after no apology from Duff after a car crash presser after the match was a screw turner fir me, a sheer sign that not all is well and a captain doing something the manager should have.

I have no doubt that nothing gets done this week but no victory in the next 2 games and he is most definetly a goner.

I loved watching us under Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup, Potter, etc... However, I don't mind us moving away from that style as long as it is successful and fairly entertaining (chances, shots, goals, etc)

If we'd signed a couple of 6ft 4 strikers, a couple of quick wingers and the plan was to get the ball to the wingers ASAP and onto the heads of the strikers and or/into the strikers with players running off them, then whilst not really my cup of tea, at least there would be evidence of some sort of plan there. We can argue about how good the likes of Yates/Lowe/Cullen are all day long but I think we'd all be pretty unanimous in saying that whatever their respective merits are, none of them are strikers who any of us would expect the ball to 'stick to' (Duff's words).

Whilst it would be my preference, I'm not at all precious about the 'Swansea Way' because maybe these days the sorts of players we picked up cheaply 15 years ago are now the sorts of players who are very much in demand as a large percentage of the Championship see the value in playing good football, both in terms of actual results and also in terms of being able to sell their players off at a good price. So maybe to be successful again, we do need to shift our thinking once more.

Ultimately though, if we are going to do it, it needs to be done coherently and properly. At the moment, it seems like a total mess. Our squad seems full of random players with random attributes... it is crazy

T8AD365 said:
"The Swansea Way" is such a noose around the club's neck, the club was founded in 1912 and then 95 years later Martinez started getting the players to play pretty triangles.
What was "the Swansea Way" for the 95 years prior to that? So many of our fans have this snobbish attitude that we should be like peak Barcelona, 75% possession and cutting through teams at will but I'd rather just watch winning football, instead of that mind-numbing nonsense they served up under Martin.
Unfortunately, it seems like any manager will be on a hiding to nothing if they can't win games playing "the Swansea Way"

‘The Swansea Way’ took us from the bottom to the top of the league.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
And back down again, it's the Swansea way innit

No… it was moving away from the Swansea Way that took us back down the league

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back