• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cooper’s Talksport comment was a Crystal Palace hint?

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Steve Cooper was interviewed on Talksport on the side of the Wembley pitch shortly after the play off final and his comments seem to suggest that he already knows he is on his way from Swansea with Crystal Palace the favourite destination. Whilst the Swans boss was not necessarily talking in the past...

Read more

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbZSe6N_BXs[/media]

Heard it myself. If he staying he would have said about being proud and looking forward to next season.

Goodbye Bottle Job

A4Jack said:
Heard it myself. If he staying he would have said about being proud and looking forward to next season.

Goodbye Bottle Job

It was almost speaking in the past tense especially when he said "I will look back on the two years with fondness" (or words to that effect)

It's madness in reality and what he has done the last 2yrs but it's best that he moves on, his football has no foundation for where we want to go and how we want to be as a club.
Saying that, wouldn't be Suprised that Cooper makes it work at Palace to the level they are happy.

Our next man has to be a footballing man who aims to keep the ball, look after it and sets his team out to win games.

I'm not aware of any manager anywhere who has, on the face of it, been so successful yet is held in such low regard by supporters.

magicdaps10 said:
It's madness in reality and what he has done the last 2yrs but it's best that he moves on, his football has no foundation for where we want to go and how we want to be as a club.
Saying that, wouldn't be Suprised that Cooper makes it work at Palace to the level they are happy.

Our next man has to be a footballing man who aims to keep the ball, look after it and sets his team out to win games.

Good riddance, whilst he took us far he took us back.

Dr. Winston said:
I'm not aware of any manager anywhere who has, on the face of it, been so successful yet is held in such low regard by supporters.

I sat there today and wondered if it was just us wanting more and better. But the dirge on show such as today is unacceptable whether you're in any league, near the bottom or top. And performances usually deliver the end result.

He's not hiding it, even on official site

“Setbacks have got to make you stronger and define you. You either sulk and things get even worse, or you come back fighting even stronger.

“That will definitely be this set of players’ mentality because they have always done that.

“We have had to that this season to get as far as this, particularly in the circumstances we’ve had to work in. That will be the lads’ approach I am sure.”

A4Jack said:
But the dirge on show such as today is unacceptable whether you're in any league, near the bottom or top. And performances usually deliver the end result.

That's about where I sit. There's always been the sense that we've scraped out results under Cooper but ultimately it's unsustainable. There's nothing remotely resembling a long term plan there. As you say, a team that consistently plays well will in all likelihood deliver results to match.

Dr. Winston said:

We laughed at Derby for getting shot of Clement. Supporters know the score, outsiders rarely do, media never do.

I would be happy at a wild roll of the dice, eg Rangel and Routledge. A bit of R&R after the stress of Cooperwang.

A4Jack said:
He's not hiding it, even on official site

“Setbacks have got to make you stronger and define you. You either sulk and things get even worse, or you come back fighting even stronger.

“That will definitely be this set of players’ mentality because they have always done that.

“We have had to that this season to get as far as this, particularly in the circumstances we’ve had to work in. That will be the lads’ approach I am sure.”

That means nothing. He’s never taken responsibility for any ‘setbacks’. Always the players fault, the cowardly fistpumping sap. Did I mention he’s a coward?

monmouth said:
I would be happy at a wild roll of the dice, eg Rangel and Routledge. A bit of R&R after the stress of Cooperwang.

It may take something that wild.

One things for sure, whatever any prospective candidate proposes at interview they should be contractually obligated to provide. I don't imagine for a second that Cooper won the job by enthralling Birch, Curt and Britton with tales of maintaining shape and lobbing balls into the channel for forwards to chase.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back