• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cooper ‘happy for Swansea to have the ball because that’s what they do’

Darran said:
I couldn’t care less what Cooper says,we were embarrassed 5-1 and as far as I am concerned the people that can see what Martin is trying to do are watching different games to me.
Can anyone see any improvement after watching todays game because I certainly can’t.

They took the piss out of us today. It’s happened too many times now, in too many places. At Stoke, Sheffield, Bournemouth,Nottingham, Blackpool, Hull and probably a few more, we’ve gone down like Red Oktober. An embarrassment to the fans that have to stand there and take it.

Just unacceptable.

jacabertawe said:
Darran said:
I couldn’t care less what Cooper says,we were embarrassed 5-1 and as far as I am concerned the people that can see what Martin is trying to do are watching different games to me.
Can anyone see any improvement after watching todays game because I certainly can’t.
Of course there was an improvement: possession up one percent.

My apologies. :lol:

monmouth said:
Darran said:

They took the piss out of us today. It’s happened too many times now, in too many places. At Stoke, Sheffield, Bournemouth,Nottingham, Blackpool, Hull and probably a few more, we’ve gone down like Red Oktober. An embarrassment to the fans that have to stand there and take it.

Just unacceptable.

I couldn’t agree more,bugger next season it hasn’t started yet let’s talk about today.

Darran said:

The worst about all this palaver is I genuinely believe we have decent midfield and forward options Dar, play Naughts as a fullback and give him the captaincy, a dominant centre half to play alongside Cabango and a decent keeper next season and watch us go...

But yes, the jury is definitely out on Russ

Swanjaxs said:
Darran said:

The worst about all this palaver is I genuinely believe we have decent midfield and forward options Dar, play Naughts as a fullback and give him the captaincy, a dominant centre half to play alongside Cabango and a decent keeper next season and watch us go...

And I have no idea if Bennett is fit but he should have been on the bench the other night and started today.
Russ seems to have a stubbornness about him that I don’t like.

Darran said:
Swanjaxs said:

And I have no idea if Bennett is fit but he should have been on the bench the other night and started today.

He's toast mate, he's been told he won't feature again by Martin, another year left on his contract @23k a week too, but yes, a younger, more motivated Bennett type player next season is the first priority imho...

Or get Joey back on loan 😀

Londonlisa2001 said:
Niigata Jack said:
It reads of a sad bitter man, to me.

I’d bet quite a lot of money on him being a Premier League manager in a few weeks. With all the riches that will bring him. Why on Earth should he be sad and bitter?

He’s mocking the prioritisation of possession and the so called ‘Swansea Way’ over results that saw him shown the door.

The ‘Swansea Way’ is a load of bollards as well. We only played possession football under Martinez and Rodgers.

When I was going the Vetch we played kick and run football and it was great.

Swanjaxs said:
Darran said:

He's toast mate, he's been told he won't feature again by Martin, another year left on his contract @23k a week too, but yes, a younger, more motivated Bennett type player next season is the first priority imho...

Yes I understand that but if we are paying him we should be playing him when needed and he needed the other and needed today.

Darran said:
Swanjaxs said:

Yes I understand that but if we are paying him we should be playing him when needed and he needed the other and needed today.

He's on "gardening leave" Dar, he'll be released at the end of the season with a massive severance cheque, Derby next up for big Ryan I'm hearing on the grapevine... 👀

That's twice Cooper has done an absolute number on a Martin team, and he's right it could have been 5-1 at HT... Ironically they probably had more chances in the first half but just took them in the second.

Hopefully brings a bit of sanity to the discussions surrounding RM, and he's not helped by some fans thinking he's the second coming (we all know that's the Cwmdare oddball).

Let's hope we actually recruit some defenders this summer, but whoever plays there will have the devil's own job given our formation. We always hang our defenders out to dry.

:lol:
jacabertawe said:
Darran said:
Of course there was an improvement: possession up one percent.

Niigata Jack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
Well I guess he will have enjoyed that and it’s difficult to blame him twisting the knife a little to be honest.

Anyone else find it a bit of a wrench seeing Tate?

It reads of a sad bitter man, to me.

There’s a lot of speculation as to the reasons he left, but I reckon today has given him a huge amount of satisfaction, as Lisa said it’s an opportunity to rub s9me salt in to the wounds and prove a point.

For me, Cooper is the Championship manager of the season, he’s taken over 8 games in when they had 4 points and they’re now on 79 points, he’s picking up and average of 2.08 points per game which is a better return than Fulham. Love him or loath him, he’s doing a good job up in Nottingham.

I dont get the resentment towards Cooper or the constant querying of his tactics. With zero pre season he has taken a losing team to the top of the performance table. For years and years Swansea and many other lower league teams have been difficult to enjoy for long periods. I guess it success that has increased the entertainment entitlement and we are now on a downwards spiral that may be tough to endure.

Sad thing is this game was so predicable... I called it b4 the game that we would fold like a 90 year old dick and we did. I just can't figure russ out, one minute I think yeah he's got this next minute I'm like where we going with this shit. He gets this season free but next season he's going to have to get a grip or it's going to get ugly.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Sad thing is this game was so predicable... I called it b4 the game that we would fold like a 90 year old dick and we did. I just can't figure russ out, one minute I think yeah he's got this next minute I'm like where we going with this s**t. He gets this season free but next season he's going to have to get a grip or it's going to get ugly.

In fairness it didn't need Nostradamus to predict this one. We've been papering over the almighty cracks the past 4 or 5 games, if not longer.

Russ needs to have a word with himself, because there is a half decent team in there.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back