• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cooper ‘happy for Swansea to have the ball because that’s what they do’

Baron Goblet said:
I dont get the resentment towards Cooper or the constant querying of his tactics. With zero pre season he has taken a losing team to the top of the performance table. For years and years Swansea and many other lower league teams have been difficult to enjoy for long periods. I guess it success that has increased the entertainment entitlement and we are now on a downwards spiral that may be tough to endure.

I think this is due to the way he approached the play-off final last season (the game being effectively over inside 20 minutes) not seeming to care whether we won, probably due to the fact that he thought he had a job with a low-end PL club lined up. He then lingered into the pre-season knowing full well that he would be off at the earliest opportunity and putting us in a difficult position going into a new season. I suppose Winter is as much to blame as Cooper for that situation.

I guess whether he gets Forest promoted or not he will be prime fodder for the Burnley job (or any other twilight zone manager role).

As for his tactics, I'm not a fan, having endured them for 2 seasons. I'm hoping he does get into the PL at some stage just to see how his foorball "philosophy" plays out :)

Neath_Jack said:
Nocountryforoldjack said:
Sad thing is this game was so predicable... I called it b4 the game that we would fold like a 90 year old dick and we did. I just can't figure russ out, one minute I think yeah he's got this next minute I'm like where we going with this s**t. He gets this season free but next season he's going to have to get a grip or it's going to get ugly.

In fairness it didn't need Nostradamus to predict this one. We've been papering over the almighty cracks the past 4 or 5 games, if not longer.

Russ needs to have a word with himself, because there is a half decent team in there.

Yes agree with the half decent team. We have a few players that can be sublime at this level and RM needs to build a team around them. The problem being these better players will be in demand this summer and RM could end up having to carry on with the rest of the current squad and a few newcomers (who will probably not be as effective as the likes of Piroe, Downes, etc.).

Anyway, it's only a game and being a glass half full kind of person, everything will be fine next season :lol:

Hammy said:
Baron Goblet said:
I dont get the resentment towards Cooper or the constant querying of his tactics. With zero pre season he has taken a losing team to the top of the performance table. For years and years Swansea and many other lower league teams have been difficult to enjoy for long periods. I guess it success that has increased the entertainment entitlement and we are now on a downwards spiral that may be tough to endure.

I think this is due to the way he approached the play-off final last season (the game being effectively over inside 20 minutes) not seeming to care whether we won, probably due to the fact that he thought he had a job with a low-end PL club lined up. He then lingered into the pre-season knowing full well that he would be off at the earliest opportunity and putting us in a difficult position going into a new season. I suppose Winter is as much to blame as Cooper for that situation.

I guess whether he gets Forest promoted or not he will be prime fodder for the Burnley job (or any other twilight zone manager role).

As for his tactics, I'm not a fan, having endured them for 2 seasons. I'm hoping he does get into the PL at some stage just to see how his foorball "philosophy" plays out :)

Cooper agreed to do the club a favour and stay on until they found our next manager.

Neath_Jack said:
Nocountryforoldjack said:
Sad thing is this game was so predicable... I called it b4 the game that we would fold like a 90 year old dick and we did. I just can't figure russ out, one minute I think yeah he's got this next minute I'm like where we going with this s**t. He gets this season free but next season he's going to have to get a grip or it's going to get ugly.

In fairness it didn't need Nostradamus to predict this one. We've been papering over the almighty cracks the past 4 or 5 games, if not longer.

Russ needs to have a word with himself, because there is a half decent team in there.

Yeah in fairness the clue was in the "so predictable"

Russ stubborness will be his downfall I reckon

This post heading is soooo ironic, it's exactly what opposition managers were saying about us under Blooper :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back