• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Coronavirus- new spike coming?

Humpty said:
Thanks for the kind words guys, it really is appreciated.

I don't want to derail the thread so just a quick explanation, I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about 16 months ago. I was told from the start that it was incurable and to think in months rather than years. A massive shock for me and my family but I've been determined from the off to enjoy what little time I have left. I could scream and cry and rail against the world but it wouldn't change anything, just make things miserable for everyone around me. Sod that.

I've been having chemo. The first type came with horrible side effects and I wondered whether it was worth continuing as I had very little quality of life. That stopped working and I started a new type with very few effects and it's obviously working as I'm still here. I don't bother asking my team how long I have left as they can't be that accurate, I just go by whether the scans are good or bad. The last two have been good, actually showing improvements so fingers crossed that continues.

I'm absolutely fine mentally and pretty good physically though this bastard virus limit's what I can do. It may sound odd but I'm actually happy and content in myself. Not happy with my situation obviously but I've enjoyed my life. Gutted it's going to end at 50 but there you go. I've been luckier than many. The only thing that does upset me is what it's doing to my family, my wife especially.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be around a bit longer. It's not a taboo subject for me in anyway so if anyone has questions, want's advice etc feel to ask.

All the best.

You’ve always been a good contributor and it’s humbling and emotional to read your words. It’s sobering reminder that behind the bravado and the internet personas there is real lives. I know you don’t want to go on about it so I’ll leave it there and look forward to a good old dust up about the football sometime.

Cheers Itch.

One last thing everyone.

Please don't treat me any differently than you would have before. I hate it. If you think I'm a tw@t, tell me I'm a tw@t. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Humpty said:
Cheers Itch.

One last thing everyone.

Please don't treat me any differently than you would have before. I hate it. If you think I'm a tw@t, tell me I'm a tw@t. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Of course hump
Who knows, maybe elon musk is right and its all a simulation
I'm not religious but I know one thing, existence and the universe, everything
Its a mystery we cant comprehend

Humpty said:
Cheers Itch.

One last thing everyone.

I get that Hump but the problem is that from your posts you‘ve never struck me as being a twat in the slightest. Maybe I haven’t been paying enough attention. I will do from now on YJB !

Itchysphincter said:
You’ve always been a good contributor and it’s humbling and emotional to read your words. It’s sobering reminder that behind the bravado and the internet personas there is real lives. I know you don’t want to go on about it so I’ll leave it there and look forward to a good old dust up about the football sometime.

What he said.

Humpty said:
JackSomething said:
How many of those people would have died if Covid had never happened? Impossible to answer, so a pointless argument.

All the people I personally know who have ongoing conditions like cancer, including immediate family members, are still receiving treatment and have all through Covid.

I have cancer and I'm currently undergoing chemo. Pre covid the unit was always full, whenever I attended. During covid it was probably about half full, if that. I've recently restarted it after an enforced break due to medical issues and in the one session I've attended it was almost full. Just my experience obviously, I can't say that's how it is elsewhere.

I have enormous sympathy for those who have cancer and can't get chemo. When I was first diagnosed I couldn't start as I was to unwell/underweight. It was horrendous. The thought that there's a treatment available that could save/prolong your life but is denied to you is hard to describe.

Massive best wishes and positive vibes to you Hump. Gutted to read that.

Humpty said:

I don't want to derail the thread so just a quick explanation, I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about 16 months ago. I was told from the start that it was incurable and to think in months rather than years. A massive shock for me and my family but I've been determined from the off to enjoy what little time I have left. I could scream and cry and rail against the world but it wouldn't change anything, just make things miserable for everyone around me. Sod that.

I've been having chemo. The first type came with horrible side effects and I wondered whether it was worth continuing as I had very little quality of life. That stopped working and I started a new type with very few effects and it's obviously working as I'm still here. I don't bother asking my team how long I have left as they can't be that accurate, I just go by whether the scans are good or bad. The last two have been good, actually showing improvements so fingers crossed that continues.

I'm absolutely fine mentally and pretty good physically though this bastard virus limit's what I can do. It may sound odd but I'm actually happy and content in myself. Not happy with my situation obviously but I've enjoyed my life. Gutted it's going to end at 50 but there you go. I've been luckier than many. The only thing that does upset me is what it's doing to my family, my wife especially.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be around a bit longer. It's not a taboo subject for me in anyway so if anyone has questions, want's advice etc feel to ask.

All the best.

Huge respect to you for the way you're facing this with a clear head and your eyes wide open. I'm sure you're in the minority of people who would be able to do that in the same circumstances which tells me you'll fight this to the end. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Complete respect to you. Have a friend in Texas with the same battle.

Humpty said:

All the best.

They say that positivity is a great help in times of serious illness and you're a great advert for that.

Stay strong Hump, don't give in and stay Positive.

Humpty said:

All the best.

They say that positivity is a great help in times of serious illness and you're a great advert for that.

Stay strong Hump, don't give in and stay Positive.

Dr Keith Reid, director of public health at Swansea Bay University Health Board, told a board meeting that positive cases in Swansea were now more than 50 per 100,000 population, based on the last seven days (figures released by Public Health Wales put Swansea's rate at 49.8).

"That requires us to consider implementing local lockdown measures," said Dr Reid.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-lockdown-swansea-news-pubs-18990847

'More than 280 new lab-confirmed positive cases of coronavirus have been found in Wales.

Figures from Public Health Wales (PHW) show that there were 281 new cases of Covid-19 recorded on Tuesday, September 22.

That is the highest number of cases recorded in a single day since April 20, close to the peak of the pandemic when 281 were also recorded.

However, significantly more tests are being carried out now, with 9,850 test results reported today compared to 898 on April 20.'

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-deaths-wales-september-20-18977276

Can't help but wonder how many cases there'd have been in April had similar levels of testing occurred.

Swansea to go into lockdown https://twitter.com/WelshGovernment/status/1309455792710455296

From 6pm Sunday

Monty said:
Swansea to go into lockdown https://twitter.com/WelshGovernment/status/1309455792710455296

From 6pm Sunday

By default they have now locked down Neath Port Talbot too... :lol:

Swansea & Llanelli in lockdown from Sunday.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back