• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Coronavirus- new spike coming?

I've been wooing a lovely lady from Ely over the last month or so, but this has well and truly put the kibosh on it now coz I got a feeling it's gonna last a lot longer than 3 weeks 🤦‍♂️

Jack12345 said:
JackSomething said:
'Probably over a million deaths'
'Covid media brainwashing'

The fact you call another person an idiot is hilarious.

Before they stopped doing many routine procedures and going by the number of lives saved daily from Cancer alone due to early diagnosis when they were doing these procedures, and along with the other illnesses they are not now diagnosing yes i would say a million maybe even more lives lost in the long run and you think that is an idiotic statement, the guy who i believe to be a idiot was clearly insinuating that he believes they are carrying on with normal Cancer care and diagnosis because he knows of a couple who are receiving treatment which started before they stopped many the services needed for the likes of Cancer, to put all the resources into the Covid.

Edited 3 times and it still makes no sense at all.

I am well aware of the benefits of early diagnosis and feel that the powers that be should be working flat out on ensuring that people can still access their GP's and hospitals for exploratory work. Any routine procedure that can be safely done during this pandemic should be as well.

What I have a problem is you, without little to no knowledge of the situation, have decided to pluck this million deaths figure out of the ether and use it to defend every anti-lockdown post you make.

So I am meant to be travelling to Dubai next month to visit family. Apparently a holiday is not a "valid reason" however there is no legal restriction. To travel to Dubai you need a negative Covid test anyway so I really don't get why you cannot travel if you are going straight to the airport (heathrow in this case) present a negative test and fly.

It's becoming farcical.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2020/sep/25/inside-a-welsh-icu-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic-photo-essay

Professor said:
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2020/sep/25/inside-a-welsh-icu-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic-photo-essay

Wow, that is a powerful article and so much the better for having been written by someone on the front line who knows what he's talking about and not having been written by a journalist. Very sobering.

The UK has recorded a further 6,874 daily cases of COVID-19 which is highest daily number since the outbreak began

karnataka said:
Professor said:

Wow, that is a powerful article and so much the better for having been written by someone on the front line who knows what he's talking about and not having been written by a journalist. Very sobering.

I completely agree, and the fact that this is a hospital in south Wales made it even more compelling. We could all be those patients in a few weeks time.

JackSomething said:
Jack12345 said:
Before they stopped doing many routine procedures and going by the number of lives saved daily from Cancer alone due to early diagnosis when they were doing these procedures, and along with the other illnesses they are not now diagnosing yes i would say a million maybe even more lives lost in the long run and you think that is an idiotic statement, the guy who i believe to be a idiot was clearly insinuating that he believes they are carrying on with normal Cancer care and diagnosis because he knows of a couple who are receiving treatment which started before they stopped many the services needed for the likes of Cancer, to put all the resources into the Covid.

I am well aware of the benefits of early diagnosis and feel that the powers that be should be working flat out on ensuring that people can still access their GP's and hospitals for exploratory work. Any routine procedure that can be safely done during this pandemic should be as well.

What I have a problem is you, without little to no knowledge of the situation, have decided to pluck this million deaths figure out of the ether and use it to defend every anti-lockdown post you make.

Well lets put it this way, even a Covid scaremonger like yourself surely understands that deaths due to 6 months of not carrying out routine health checks will by far outweigh the 40,000 covid death's, it would far outweigh double that amount, i can tell you are absolutely petrified of this virus, but even so should still have the logic to realize the neglect of treating and diagnosing other illness whilst absolutely destroying the economy thousands losing jobs and peoples mental health will cause far more harm than good in the long run, shutting down everything every time there is a spike is not the answer because once they open up again the infection rate will rise again, so it is a running around in circles scenario.

Jack12345 said:
JackSomething said:

Well lets put it this way, even a Covid scaremonger like yourself surely understands that deaths due to 6 months of not carrying out routine health checks will by far outweigh the 40,000 covid death's, it would far outweigh double that amount, i can tell you are absolutely petrified of this virus, but even so should still have the logic to realize the neglect of treating and diagnosing other illness whilst absolutely destroying the economy thousands losing jobs and peoples mental health will cause far more harm than good in the long run, shutting down everything every time there is a spike is not the answer because once they open up again the infection rate will rise again, so it is a running around in circles scenario.

I don't think commas do what you think they do

I think it's fairly obvious at this point that the focus of the NHS on Covid ahead of all other concerns is a catastrophically bad state of affairs and will lead to God knows how many unnecessary deaths.

I doubt anyone can state figures with any kind of accuracy tho.

Monty said:
Jack12345 said:

Well he by dam, you must lead a wild and varied life, you do not reside in a nursing home by any chsance, whoops spelt chance wrong again. :lol:

Jack12345 said:
Monty said:

Well he by dam, you must lead a wild and varied life, you do not reside in a nursing home by any chsance, whoops spelt chance wrong again. :lol:

You write like a 10 year old and you accuse me of being in a nursing home?
iu

Swanluke said:
So I am meant to be travelling to Dubai next month to visit family. Apparently a holiday is not a "valid reason" however there is no legal restriction. To travel to Dubai you need a negative Covid test anyway so I really don't get why you cannot travel if you are going straight to the airport (heathrow in this case) present a negative test and fly.

It's becoming farcical.

You can go and sit in a pub and chat to whoever, yet you can’t have a mate over your house.....

Jack12345 said:
JackSomething said:

Currently about 500 people in the uk due everyday from cancer and same for heart disease, these figures will double in about two years time I’m led to believe.....you would think this government is actually trying to reduce the population of the uk with current policy.

Dr. Winston said:
I think it's fairly obvious at this point that the focus of the NHS on Covid ahead of all other concerns is a catastrophically bad state of affairs and will lead to God knows how many unnecessary deaths.

I doubt anyone can state figures with any kind of accuracy tho.

No one can. The problem is if admissions shoot up the whole service could collapse. But that may not happen as better prepared now. That said I cannot post on the other site where the bs about false positives (less than 0.5% currently) and death being the only end point and more random ‘experts’ spouting the biggest piles of excrement are being quoted. The fact is the public health and infectious disease field are pretty much unanimous that action, and maybe a lot more than now, is needed to avoid the risk of being overwhelmed. I would just lose it with them. No one ever mentions the false negative rate which is higher and more dangerous

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back