• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Coronavirus- new spike coming?

dickythorpe said:
ECB, I haven't been to a pub since March either. I've been offered to go to a lunch next week and I'm already thinking of excuses in my head not to go.

Yeah I’ve already floated my reluctance with the wife who, quite understandably, wants to see her family all together for the first time in nine months. We’ll see I suppose. It doesn’t help that I don’t like most of them very much. :lol:

It's a strange time indeed! Decisions that wouldn't even need consideration before March now cause anxiety.
I just hope that infection rates don't rise, and the vaccines help see a return to our freedoms.

I went out a couple of times during the August eat out deal to small local pubs, we sat outside or went very early when it was quiet. Have been out a few times since for Sunday lunch on account of family occasions, but since the numbers have been rising it’s work and essential shopping only.
Er indoors has even stated that unless the weather is good and we can stand in a garden, we won’t be seeing her family over Christmas which really surprised me.

Hospitals are getting close to capacity and it’s gong to get worse before it gets better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55271262

Considering the state of the world in 2020, I am struggling to have sympathy for those currently holidaying in the Canary Islands who face having to spend Christmas in quarantine. I understand the desire for some winter sun given the depressing year we've had, but surely anyone going was aware they were risking something like this?

Poor Steve Hay doesn't know how they'll 'do their Christmas shopping' (there's this new thing called the internet fella) and Ivor Langford may have to spend Christmas alone, speaking from his holiday home in Lanzarote the poor dab...

There have been 600 confirmed positive tests in the past 24hrs in the Swansea Bay area, it's pretty much running out of control.

Swanjaxs said:
There have been 600 confirmed positive tests in the past 24hrs in the Swansea Bay area, it's pretty much running out of control.

Running out of control :lol: 600 out of a population close on 300,000 - hardly running out of control.
How many false positives were there in those 600 cases ?

Cardiffjack said:
Swanjaxs said:

Running out of control :lol: 600 out of a population close on 300,000 - hardly running out of control.

We don't have hospital beds for those 300k, see :roll:

Monty said:
Cardiffjack said:

We don't have hospital beds for those 300k, see :roll:

Why would you want beds for 300,000 ?

Monty said:
Cardiffjack said:
No. Now answer my question. Why would you want 300,000 beds ?
Why do you think

I have no idea. Seems like a ridiculous thing to say.
Can you explain what you meant. Or were you just talking shite ?

Cardiffjack said:
Monty said:
Why do you think

If you're not autistic you're an incredibly boring troll

Do better

Monty said:
Cardiffjack said:

If you're not autistic you're an incredibly boring troll

Do better

Ah ok. Thought so. So the remark regarding needing 300,000 beds , was just you talking nonsense, or can you imagine the whole population of Swansea being hospitalised. 😂

https://twitter.com/SherylNYT/status/1337458071644368896

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back