• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Coronavirus- new spike coming?

I've had it, my wife and kids have too - we were lucky as we had mild symptoms and are in reasonably good health. We have friends and family who weren't so lucky.
We are careful, we've isolated when told to do so, shielded, we always wear masks and take sanitiser wherever we go.
We caught it from our kids, who brought it home from school - 30+ kids in a single year tested positive - hundreds in total across all school years resulting in the school closing earlier than planned. All of this bollocks from the government about needing to keep schools open for children's education - what's the point if half of them are having to self isolate?

gadget1974 said:
I've had it, my wife and kids have too - we were lucky as we had mild symptoms and are in reasonably good health. We have friends and family who weren't so lucky.
We are careful, we've isolated when told to do so, shielded, we always wear masks and take sanitiser wherever we go.
We caught it from our kids, who brought it home from school - 30+ kids in a single year tested positive - hundreds in total across all school years resulting in the school closing earlier than planned. All of this bollocks from the government about needing to keep schools open for children's education - what's the point if half of them are having to self isolate?

Mine came from the schools too, 4 positive tests in the house in October. This second strain was mentioned on the phone by my covid babysitter, it's not something they've just discovered. It's the one that's been moving across Wales for a few months. This was mentioned this morning on the BBC by the WHO apparently.

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1341054487528615937

Third new mutant coronavirus variant discovered in Nigeria as cases skyrocket https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/third-new-mutant-coronavirus-variant-23218342

Selfish.........

I’d have sent up half a dozen recovery trucks and made an example of the first group of drivers stupid enough to park up. Once they see a few cars being towed away I wouldn’t have thought many people would relish leaving their car in the hope it would still be there 2 hours later.

At the moment the police seem totally uninterested.
I would think there'll be more random stopping of cars over new year's...,..otherwise people are just going where they want.

Get the word out 💙

https://twitter.com/sbattrawden/status/1343652707937243137?s=19

Swanjaxs said:
Get the word out 💙

It’s very concerning, there are lots of bad news stories coming out of the NHS which seems to be starting to buckle in certain places, meanwhile the Daily Mail and other are media forums are full of deniers ridiculing the concerns. Not a great deal being heard from the Government about addressing the issues.

MajorR said:
Swanjaxs said:
Get the word out 💙

It’s very concerning, there are lots of bad news stories coming out of the NHS which seems to be starting to buckle in certain places, meanwhile the Daily Mail and other are media forums are full of deniers ridiculing the concerns. Not a great deal being heard from the Government about addressing the issues.

This was Liverpool in October, yet lessons are not being learned by government. The only positive from PHE is the new variant is not more virulent, not likely to cause re-infection which also suggests vaccination will work. It is a lot easier to transmit.
And the most likely source of transmission is small gatherings at home or cafes/restaurants/pubs if open.
Full U.K. closure to takeaway only is needed. Not just higher tiers. Have to really doubt schools opening again for some time

Professor said:
MajorR said:

This was Liverpool in October, yet lessons are not being learned by government. The only positive from PHE is the new variant is not more virulent, not likely to cause re-infection which also suggests vaccination will work. It is a lot easier to transmit.
And the most likely source of transmission is small gatherings at home or cafes/restaurants/pubs if open.
Full U.K. closure to takeaway only is needed. Not just higher tiers. Have to really doubt schools opening again for some time
Schools should reopen next week, people who disagree are very selfish

Cardiffjack said:
Professor said:
I have mixed views. But given that there have been three outbreaks in the year bubble my wife works in during a single term (three lots of self-isolation) transmission even in primary schools is a huge problem. Behavioural science suggests school and university closures are the second most effective control measure (after limitations on smalll group gatherings). Given the increased transmission rate of the new ‘variant’ a planned closure may be better than the chaos that can follow. This was certainly the case in London and the SE prior to Christmas. Equally I want my teenage son in school as he has extreme difficulty with online learning. But on balance the science (and the views of Gove and Hancock) suggest that closure is going to be the only way to get any control. Mass outbreaks and non-planned closures will be more disruptive.

Cardiffjack said:
Professor said:

Decisions have to be based on the scientific information available at the time and the impact opening schools will have across society. If sending kids back to school creates a spiralling infection rate which overwhelms the NHS, then we should absolutely not reopen schools, lessons should be delivered virtually and where there are families who don’t have the ability to support virtual lessons, then consideration must be given to allowing those children to continue to attend school. Reduced numbers on site can allow better social distancing measures etc. A number of schools in our area have sent entire year groups home at various stages over the last few months and the frequency with which that has happened has increased over the last few weeks.

MajorR said:
Cardiffjack said:

Decisions have to be based on the scientific information available at the time and the impact opening schools will have across society. If sending kids back to school creates a spiralling infection rate which overwhelms the NHS, then we should absolutely not reopen schools, lessons should be delivered virtually and where there are families who don’t have the ability to support virtual lessons, then consideration must be given to allowing those children to continue to attend school. Reduced numbers on site can allow better social distancing measures etc. A number of schools in our area have sent entire year groups home at various stages over the last few months and the frequency with which that has happened has increased over the last few weeks.
Don't waste your time trying to talk sense to CardiffJack, he'll pick holes and argue with you all day about nothing.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back