• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Coronavirus- new spike coming?

Pacemaker said:
From my personal experience I would be very careful mixing with others and take care of your loved ones.

We have kept my 80 year mother safe all year by isolating her from everybody, made some tough decisions to only keep in touch by FaceTime arrange all deliveries for online shopping, my mother has been fit and worked hard all her life.

However in the last few years she had heart failure as a result of leaking heart valves, she refused treatment as she was nursing my father through terminal cancer, after my father died last year we were told by the cardiologist there was nothing now they could do.

We all stuck rigidly to the isolation advice we made massive sacrifices, we missed her 80th birthday, she was alone on Mother’s Day and the first anniversary of my fathers death but she insisted on keeping her independence and keeping herself isolated. The only time I physically saw her was to take her for hospital appointments. She was abandoned by her surgery who refused to visit her to check her water levels.

Eventually the inevitable happened and we had take her to A&E at Royal Glam Hosp we had to leave her alone at the door at midnight on a Sunday night as we weren’t allowed in, she was kept in A&E for 36 hrs whilst waiting for a negative COVID test before she could be put on the ward. We couldn’t speak to her as there were not enough nurses to deal with patients and answering the phone to relatives was not a priority. After 4 days I managed to get a mobile onto the ward for her and it appeared she was on the mend as the medication was working. She was on a ground floor ward so I was able to talk to her through the sealed windows, and she was on top form.

4 hours later I had a phone call saying she was unlikely to make it through the night, my brother and I were allowed onto the ward to sit with our mother as she died, she fought for three days to cling onto life, we were then told that she had tested positive and was being moved to a COVID ward. We would not be allowed to be with her, that was the last time I saw her.

Within 4 hours she was dead, within 24 hours both my brother and I were ill with COVID, I am very fit my BMI is 23 I was in bed for a week, I still can’t shake off the cough after three weeks
I gave COVID to my wife who was very ill.

My mother had served her community all her life looking after others was a very popular person will not be allowed more than 30 people at her funeral, her elderly friends are too frightened to attend, grandchildren can’t go because of limited numbers.

I am entirely heartbroken knowing I will never see her or speak to her again, so when I hear or read people scoffing COVID remember my experience.

I've delayed replying as I'm lost for appropriate words so I'll just wish the best going forward and commiserate with you for your loss and the manner in which it befell you.

I never believed posters when they used to tell me that Planet Swans had helped them in times of darkness, the support from a community of people you don’t really know and will probably never meet in person, but the kind words and shared experiences have made a difference. We often moan about the cruelty of the internet but sometimes the love of others can be shared online too.

My Mams funeral was last Friday, it was a wet and stormy day in a grey Rhondda village, the friends and neighbours gathered and lined the streets, they stopped the traffic and clapped as we left the house. It was incredibly moving. The service at the crematorium was webcast so my brother in the States and daughter in NZ could watch it live. It went as well as it could have done and she would have loved it.

Many thanks for all the posts and text messages, it has helped me and I am sure others in similar circumstances have found them helpful.

My initial post was trying to enforce the need to take this virus seriously and to take of our loved ones. Things have taken a turn for the worse since then, but I do hope that those who can share Christmas have a good day, and those of us with empty chairs think of all the good times and the positives in this world, such as the love and support of friends whether in person or online.

Take care all and many thanks to everyone on PS for all that you have done.

It's shocking to read testimonies from people who I have seen posting on here for years have first hand experience of this virus taking people away from them. Normally things like this are in some distant land, and you nod and think that's not good and forget it. My condolences to everyone affected.

And if you still question the legitimacy of the virus after reading them, go boil your head. Should be an instant ban, no questions asked.

Monty said:
It's shocking to read testimonies from people who I have seen posting on here for years have first hand experience of this virus taking people away from them. Normally things like this are in some distant land, and you nod and think that's not good and forget it. My condolences to everyone affected.

And if you still question the legitimacy of the virus after reading them, go boil your head. Should be an instant ban, no questions asked.

Monty

Whatever I can say as a scientist can not convey what Pacemaker has in his sad, but eloquent posts. But there will be denial and argument still. Talk of media brainwashing us. But the truth is this is a serious problem, the greatest single threat to public health in my lifetime. Again I urge people to do the right thing.

I’d like to say a massive ‘thank you’ to all those who have and will continue to follow the advice to keep us well.

It’s difficult (at different levels) for all, but for my own sanity I’m now steering away from those spreading misinformation.

I’m in a tier 4 area that’s gone from having very low transmission a fortnight ago to going through the roof now. I’m quite a laid back bloke but this is quite frightening.

Professor said:
Monty said:

Monty

Whatever I can say as a scientist can not convey what Pacemaker has in his sad, but eloquent posts. But there will be denial and argument still. Talk of media brainwashing us. But the truth is this is a serious problem, the greatest single threat to public health in my lifetime. Again I urge people to do the right thing.

You have been brainwashed yourself if you believe that.

I can name many more threats to public health than this virus.

Can anyone become a scientist theses days ?

Cardiffjack said:
Professor said:
Monty

I can name many more many threats to public health than this virus.

Not if they are as thick as you.

Professor said:
Cardiffjack said:

I can name many more many threats to public health than this virus.

That’s ok then. But the standards must of been lowered if you are a scientist

Cardiffjack said:
Professor said:
Monty

I can name many more threats to public health than this virus.

Have you not read what has been posted? The eloquence in loss of Pacemaker just shows what an utter disgrace deniers are.
Dedicated swallower of fascism no doubt.

Cardiffjack said:
Professor said:

Yes mate. That’s how I have published more than 100 papers, 8 book chapters, brought in millions in research funding. Supervised close to 20 PhDs. Just crawl back under your stone. They just give out a personal chair for nothing...

Professor said:
Cardiffjack said:

Yes mate. That’s how I have published more than 100 papers, 8 book chapters, brought in millions in research funding. Supervised close to 20 PhDs. Just crawl back under your stone. They just give out a personal chair for nothing...

You are still talking nonsense if you think COVID is the biggest threat to public health in your lifetime.

MrSwerve said:
Don’t get sucked in, Prof.

I will leave him/her to it. But saddens me that this happens after perhaps some of the greatest posts on this site have been made in the last day or so.

Delusional as a pandemic just amplifies every other health-related issue. Deniers never see this in the wider picture. Don’t begin to understand the consequences of collapse in health systems.

No doubt we will get Sweden brought up again. That paragon of disease control.

On another note I think it's great that the UK has a World beating Covid variant...

Mask up, utilise social distancing and stop spreading denier FUD you FCKING IDIOTS.

https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1340588229309952000 :D

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back