• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Coronavirus- new spike coming?

Wales and probably the whole UK is gonna be on full lockdown by this time next month, people are too stupid to follow simple instructions

Professor said:
Dr. Winston said:
If that's still the case once the expected winter wave is over then they'll be seen to have done terribly. If they're broadly on a par with the nations around them after it then they will be vindicated. I'm not sure why there's such a rush to draw conclusions well before it's all over. Bear in mind they were supposed to be at 80,000 deaths by this point according to the models everyone else was basing their reactions on.

The Swedes are playing the long game. Only time will tell if that was the right call. You certainly can't do it yet. It's only been six months, although I grant it feels like a lot longer.

Interestingly-the seven day average in Sweden was 146 cases two weeks ago, 216 last week and 291 this week. Or if you want to normalise to the UK's population that would be going from under 1,000 cases to 1,900 cases. About half of where we are, but very much similar to where we were about two weeks ago. If it rises again next week then its starting to look as though they have fared no better
What about the vast amount of lives saved due to continuing normal medical care, then look at the vast amount of lives that will be lost in the UK due to restricting normal medical diagnosis and treatment. why can this not register in your mindset.

Monty said:
Wales and probably the whole UK is gonna be on full lockdown by this time next month, people are too stupid to follow simple instructions

If they do that the Covid will seem like a walk in the park compared to the damage another full scale lockdown will cause.

Heinrich Himmler said:
Monty said:

If they do that the Covid will seem like a walk in the park compared to the damage another full scale lockdown will cause.

Na it wont, they're gonna lock down during half term, they're going to have to. Unless people stop believing everything is a new world order conspiracy and wear fuckin masks, then it might turn around.

Monty said:

There won’t be another full lockdown. Not in the way we saw in March anyway. The economic damage would be catastrophic.

exiledclaseboy said:
There won’t be another full lockdown. Not in the way we saw in March anyway. The economic damage would be catastrophic.

I wouldn't put it past a Government this weak and indecisive.

Dr. Winston said:
exiledclaseboy said:

I wouldn't put it past a Government this weak and indecisive.

You forgot incompetent, corrupt and lacking any kind of vision or strategy. No, neither would I put it past them.

exiledclaseboy said:
You forgot incompetent, corrupt and lacking any kind of vision or strategy. No, neither would I put it past them.

True. Forgot those too.

exiledclaseboy said:
Monty said:

You think they'd rather let it just run wild and get worse and worse? Cos the majority of the population don't give a monkeys for the rules i.e. wear a mask. There will come a point when they have no choice.

The current local restrictions are a set of ballbags.

We have numerous people working for us from those areas, they haven't made a difference to them.

They are still leaving the areas to go to work, to go shopping etc.

Pubs closing at 11pm? Does covid not go out and into pubs until 1 minute past 11 or something?

People can't behave, and when you throw in the nutjobs, anti-vaxxers, the hard men who refuse to wear face coverings, what do you think is going to happen to the infection rate...

controversial_jack said:
Neath_Jack said:
We built four field hospitals in South Wales, we’ve stripped two of them back out now.

They had to be built though.
I believe the one they had at the LLandarcy academy of sport has been stripped of it's beds , and they have been taken to the one by the old Fords in Fabien way

It's in the process of being stripped.

Monty said:
exiledclaseboy said:

You think they'd rather let it just run wild and get worse and worse? Cos the majority of the population don't give a monkeys for the rules i.e. wear a mask. There will come a point when they have no choice.

What they’d rather do changes on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis. They’re a shambles without a clue n

Neath_Jack said:
The current local restrictions are a set of ballbags.

We have numerous people working for us from those areas, they haven't made a difference to them.

They are still leaving the areas to go to work, to go shopping etc.

Pubs closing at 11pm? Does covid not go out and into pubs until 1 minute past 11 or something?

People can't behave, and when you throw in the nutjobs, anti-vaxxers, the hard men who refuse to wear face coverings, what do you think is going to happen to the infection rate...

Johnson needs to take a fair share of the blame but people are fucking stupid.

People are doing what people do.

You lock everyone up for three or four months then act shocked when they all go a bit nuts when restrictions are loosened. To add idiocy to the fire you loosen restrictions a couple of weeks before your normal cold/flu season starts.

"Explosion in demand" for tests? No shit like.

Dr. Winston said:
People are doing what people do.

You lock everyone up for three or four months then act shocked when they all go a bit nuts when restrictions are loosened. To add idiocy to the fire you loosen restrictions a couple of weeks before your normal cold/flu season starts.

"Explosion in demand" for tests? No shit like.

People have done what the government has told them to do.

Go to the pub.

Eat out to help out.

Get back to the office.

Get the kids back to school.

Wear a mask. Don’t wear a mask. Sometimes wear a mask.

Don’t use public transport. Use public transport. Sometimes use public transport.

Get a test. Don’t get a test. Sometimes get a test.

Don’t gather in groups of more than six. Except when you can gather in groups of more than six.

I could list many more. Yes, people are doing what people do but also what they’ve encouraged to do. Or not encouraged to do. Because it’s changes so regularly, the government flips so much it’s impossible to know what the current advice is. It’s been a shambles from start to still nowhere near finish.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back