• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Coronavirus- new spike coming?

Squarebear said:
I expected that the setting up of field hospitals with massive capacities meant we'd ease our way back to normal and the field hospitals would be there to cope as we passed through the peak.

Instead of that we are persisting with knee-jerk restrictions, there are reports of field hospitals closing, unused. It's almost as if the decision-makers don't know how best to navigate their way through this crisis.

They didn't , nobody did as it's a new situation.Field hospitals are still on standbye. Some have moved beds to other field hospitals, but the capacity was still there.

There wasn't the staff to run them when the crisis was at it's peak, but I believe more have been trained and are available now in readiness for any winter surge.

The big problem now will be schools.Infections will rise greatly among teens and it will be passed to grandparents

A second county in Wales will go into lockdown because of the rate of coronavirus cases.

People living in Rhondda Cynon Taff will have restrictions imposed on their daily lives.

From 18:00 BST on Thursday, people will not be able to enter or leave the area without a reasonable excuse, such as travel for work or education.

All licensed premises will have to shut at 23:00 every day, once the lockdown comes into effect.

Health Minister Vaughan Gething said there had been a "rapid" rise in cases, with 82.1 infections per 100,000 people over the past seven days.

The latest equivalent figure across the whole of Wales is 21.4 per 100,000.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54093100?at_medium=custom7&at_custom2=twitter&at_custom3=%40BBCWalesNews&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_custom4=1FCDDBBE-F811-11EA-A4B4-AA183A982C1E&at_campaign=64

controversial_jack said:
Squarebear said:
I expected that the setting up of field hospitals with massive capacities meant we'd ease our way back to normal and the field hospitals would be there to cope as we passed through the peak.

Instead of that we are persisting with knee-jerk restrictions, there are reports of field hospitals closing, unused. It's almost as if the decision-makers don't know how best to navigate their way through this crisis.

They didn't , nobody did as it's a new situation.Field hospitals are still on standbye. Some have moved beds to other field hospitals, but the capacity was still there.

There wasn't the staff to run them when the crisis was at it's peak, but I believe more have been trained and are available now in readiness for any winter surge.

The big problem now will be schools.Infections will rise greatly among teens and it will be passed to grandparents

We built four field hospitals in South Wales, we’ve stripped two of them back out now.

They had to be built though.

Neath_Jack said:
controversial_jack said:

We built four field hospitals in South Wales, we’ve stripped two of them back out now.

They had to be built though.
I believe the one they had at the LLandarcy academy of sport has been stripped of it's beds , and they have been taken to the one by the old Fords in Fabien way

controversial_jack said:
Heinrich Himmler said:
You just do not get it do you, you can double or treble that 60k figure and that figure will just be a fraction of the deaths that are going to occur because they simply will not diagnose and treat other illnesses, why can you not understand that, yes the Covid is a terrible thing, we know that but it is by far the lesser of two evils, if they do not stop neglecting everything else we are looking at the number of deaths far out weighing Covid deaths.

If we had carried on as normal with routine procedures, those patients would have had a good chance of picking the virus up while in hospital and may well have made their conditions worse, or even died from them

It wasn't just about the patients either, it was also about protecting the health workers and their families.Just because these people are caring for others, it doesn't mean they should be exposed to it

It's a new virus , and nobody knew how it would pan out.Conventional wisdom has shown that by trying to isolate the virus from ppl is the only method that would work. There is no vaccine, there is no cure, we do not know if immunity is achieved.

Hindsight is great, but at the time the correct action was taken, although far too late. It worked too, the NHS just about coped, there was just enough beds and staff.When the restrictions were lifted, then the cases have risen,There hasn't been many deaths yet, but there's usually a lag of about 3 weeks.I hope i'm wrong, but Europe, Brazil, India and the US is now starting to see an increase in deaths.

This pandemic hasn't finished yet, but throwing caution to the wind and acting as if it has is going to push us back into lockdown again
[/
Mate if some did pick up the virus it will still be a small comparison to the deaths that will now occur due to stopping normal medical care we are talking about a million upwards here as i say you can more than treble the 60000 deaths caused by Covid and it comes nowhere near, and remember many of these reported Covid deaths were not caused by Covid i hope you do not dispute that statistic as well because that is true and proven beyond all doubt.

controversial_jack said:
Squarebear said:

Yep. They’ve kept the field hospitals as an option because they’re (NHS Wale) really concerned over what will happen once we get into the autumn - November is the big concern when the flu season kicks off.

Heinrich Himmler said:
controversial_jack said:
Not compared to neighbouring countries who did lockdown

Not any more, please go and check the current statistics there`s a good chap, Sweden have now also been removed from the quarantine list it is now deemed safe to travel there, and they NEVER SHUT DOWN. :eek:

They didn’t have an official lockdown, but people drastically changed their habits. They’re also in the top 5 worst hit European countries in terms of mortality rates and have done worst than neighbouring countries with comparable population density. They’re really not the poster child some people try to make out they are.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
They’re also in the top 5 worst hit European countries in terms of mortality rates and have done worst than neighbouring countries with comparable population density.

If that's still the case once the expected winter wave is over then they'll be seen to have done terribly. If they're broadly on a par with the nations around them after it then they will be vindicated. I'm not sure why there's such a rush to draw conclusions well before it's all over. Bear in mind they were supposed to be at 80,000 deaths by this point according to the models everyone else was basing their reactions on.

The Swedes are playing the long game. Only time will tell if that was the right call. You certainly can't do it yet. It's only been six months, although I grant it feels like a lot longer.

Olchfa send home 455 pupils (and teaching staff) for 2 weeks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54189894

LeonWasTheDog's said:
controversial_jack said:

Yep. They’ve kept the field hospitals as an option because they’re (NHS Wale) really concerned over what will happen once we get into the autumn - November is the big concern when the flu season kicks off.

It's madness but they have only kept some.

Two in Carms have gone and so has the largest of all in the principality stadium. I don't get it.

I wonder sometimes, especially with the threat of economic collapse, and if it doesn’t look like going away anytime soon, whether the Government will decide to let the thing run its course naturally.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Heinrich Himmler said:
Not any more, please go and check the current statistics there`s a good chap, Sweden have now also been removed from the quarantine list it is now deemed safe to travel there, and they NEVER SHUT DOWN. :eek:

They didn’t have an official lockdown, but people drastically changed their habits. They’re also in the top 5 worst hit European countries in terms of mortality rates and have done worst than neighbouring countries with comparable population density. They’re really not the poster child some people try to make out they are.

They decided not to shut down, hence at first a bit of a death surge many thought they fcuked up, however now there death rates are really low there infection rates are now so low we are allowed to travel there, but the most important thing of all which is what so many fail to grasp especially drama queens and scare mongers' like controversial Jack is the vast amount of lives they will have saved by continuing normal medical diagnosis and treatment, this is estimated at over half a million saved now compare that to the 5000 Covid deaths.

From the British Medical Journal regarding Moonshot.

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3580

‘Where does the £100bn figure come from?
The documents do not explain how the government calculated the £100bn cost. Ministers have refused to be drawn on the figure since The BMJ first published the details on 9 September but have not denied that it was used in internal correspondence. To put the number in context, £100bn is almost an entire year’s budget for the NHS in England (£130bn) and more than double the UK’s annual entire defence budget (£41bn). The documents say that the government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE) is modelling the potential effect of a mass testing programme on the R number, while the Treasury is doing the same for the economy. Nigel Edwards, chief executive of the Nuffield Trust, said he was stunned by the figure being quoted, which he said could fund 150 new NHS hospitals. “It seems an astonishingly large amount of money to be talked about without a proper assessment of the costs and benefits,” he said.’

Dr. Winston said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:
They’re also in the top 5 worst hit European countries in terms of mortality rates and have done worst than neighbouring countries with comparable population density.

If that's still the case once the expected winter wave is over then they'll be seen to have done terribly. If they're broadly on a par with the nations around them after it then they will be vindicated. I'm not sure why there's such a rush to draw conclusions well before it's all over. Bear in mind they were supposed to be at 80,000 deaths by this point according to the models everyone else was basing their reactions on.

The Swedes are playing the long game. Only time will tell if that was the right call. You certainly can't do it yet. It's only been six months, although I grant it feels like a lot longer.

Interestingly-the seven day average in Sweden was 146 cases two weeks ago, 216 last week and 291 this week. Or if you want to normalise to the UK's population that would be going from under 1,000 cases to 1,900 cases. About half of where we are, but very much similar to where we were about two weeks ago. If it rises again next week then its starting to look as though they have fared no better

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back