• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Coronavirus- new spike coming?

jack123 said:
Thank you for the reply, and I appreciate it..This fella here? https://twitter.com/FatEmperor

And I'm sick of ht scaremongering I want the truth https://twitter.com/juniordrblog/status/1304484230496505858

They are so full of shite, I am so thankful for your opinions Prof, but the way I feel, they have fcked this up so much, with no concrete evidence, I can Agree with your opinion, and also someone who disputes your opinion.. Some one is muddying the waters.

The thing is, and this is the same for everyone, it's easier to accept something as the 'truth' when it's what you want to hear. It's much harder to accept when it's not what you want.

I have no idea what the right course of action to take is, but I do think a lot of the problems we're having are caused by people who don't want to accept something they don't like as being the truth.

JackSomething said:
jack123 said:
Thank you for the reply, and I appreciate it..This fella here? https://twitter.com/FatEmperor

And I'm sick of ht scaremongering I want the truth https://twitter.com/juniordrblog/status/1304484230496505858

They are so full of shite, I am so thankful for your opinions Prof, but the way I feel, they have fcked this up so much, with no concrete evidence, I can Agree with your opinion, and also someone who disputes your opinion.. Some one is muddying the waters.

The thing is, and this is the same for everyone, it's easier to accept something as the 'truth' when it's what you want to hear. It's much harder to accept when it's not what you want.

I have no idea what the right course of action to take is, but I do think a lot of the problems we're having are caused by people who don't want to accept something they don't like as being the truth.

Fair point, as much as I like to believe they are making more of the covid than what it is, I'm keeping an eye on France and Spain, where their increase in cases just like the UK, now seems to be bringing a lot more deaths.

For a virus so deadly, I still don't know of a single death. When they first announced it back in Feb/Mar I was expecting walking dead type scenerio in the streets, dead bodies out on the street, your fellow neighbours crying for help. It had me nervous for the first few days, but when you start your own investigation things don't add up.

I just think with this virus, let nature be and let the fittest survive, its not like the Spanish flu. Most OAP's who are supposed be most vulnerable have lived there lives, let the youth enjoy their lives. This fascism state at the moment is no real life, full of contradictions and holes with the rules. God help next year when it will be another war with vaccinations. I can only pray for revolution.

realswan said:
For a virus so deadly, I still don't know of a single death. When they first announced it back in Feb/Mar I was expecting walking dead type scenerio in the streets, dead bodies out on the street, your fellow neighbours crying for help. It had me nervous for the first few days, but when you start your own investigation things don't add up.

I just think with this virus, let nature be and let the fittest survive, its not like the Spanish flu. Most OAP's who are supposed be most vulnerable have lived there lives, let the youth enjoy their lives. This fascism state at the moment is no real life, full of contradictions and holes with the rules. God help next year when it will be another war with vaccinations. I can only pray for revolution.

Yes, we should carry on.. the elderly and vulnerable can make their own decisions if they want to protect themselves or not..

It's a bit like smoking and drinking really, I would imagine that kills a lot more people a year than the virus, yet there are no draconian measures to abolish that.

There will be more deaths from postponed operations and cancellation of regular appointments. I'm also annoyed at dentists being closed for regular appointments, I know two people in the last couple of years where the dentists has spotted mouth cancer.

realswan said:
There will be more deaths from postponed operations and cancellation of regular appointments. I'm also annoyed at dentists being closed for regular appointments, I know two people in the last couple of years where the dentists has spotted mouth cancer.

True, frustrating i had my check up cancelled back in March, and haven't heard from them since.. Seems all the outpatients in singleton have stopped as well!!

People crack on about about excess deaths and so on, if you said 10 year ago, I wonder as an experiment we shut down hospitals and doctors for months, and even after months make it very hard to get an appointment or get treated, would the death toll rise based on previous years?

Something else as well, I was reading the back of the packet of these blue masks I bought months ago, and it says these are not medical masks So why the hell have we got to wear them.. :eek:

https://twitter.com/fact_covid/status/1304768999960477699

controversial_jack said:
Isn't 60k dead enough for you?

You just do not get it do you, you can double or treble that 60k figure and that figure will just be a fraction of the deaths that are going to occur because they simply will not diagnose and treat other illnesses, why can you not understand that, yes the Covid is a terrible thing, we know that but it is by far the lesser of two evils, if they do not stop neglecting everything else we are looking at the number of deaths far out weighing Covid deaths.

realswan said:

Exactly, this it what baffles me, these facts just go over so many heads, are they two stupid or brainwashed by Covid media scaremongering to realize that we have a ticking time bomb on our hands and its not the Covid virus, the media and nhs tell us dont worry your GP will still see you if you if you start having worrying symptoms, what they do not tell you that all the Gp will do is refer you to go and see a consultant and see about the symptoms, however getting to see that consultant is another matter, and even after the wait to see someone getting the procedure to check your symptoms is yet another matter because they have currently more or less stopped many of them, of course everything is available to those who are prepared to pay vast amounts to get seen and treated mysteriously the Covid pandamic does not interfere or stop these people from getting diagnosed and treated with a few weeks.

Seems to me that all the lockdown over summer did was kick the problem down the road a bit. Not just in the UK, but everywhere else too.

Now we've got all the young & healthy types who probably could have been slowly picking up infections whilst getting on with their lives in a sensible way over the summer when most of the testing sites were sitting there twiddling their thumbs have all gone a bit nuts since the pubs reopened a month ago, and are now all needing to be tested at the start of the cold season when anyone else picking up a cough and a bit of a sniffle will want a Covid test as well.

realswan said:

“Let nature be and let the fittest survive.”

Feck my eyes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/15/sweden-records-its-fewest-daily-covid-19-cases-since-march

Heinrich Himmler said:
controversial_jack said:

You just do not get it do you, you can double or treble that 60k figure and that figure will just be a fraction of the deaths that are going to occur because they simply will not diagnose and treat other illnesses, why can you not understand that, yes the Covid is a terrible thing, we know that but it is by far the lesser of two evils, if they do not stop neglecting everything else we are looking at the number of deaths far out weighing Covid deaths.

If we had continued to operate as normal, those having procedures would have had a very good chance of picking up the virus in hospital. Many many ppl have caught this virus in hospital.It's not just about the patients either, it's also about protecting the health workers and their families too.

Heinrich Himmler said:
controversial_jack said:

If we had carried on as normal with routine procedures, those patients would have had a good chance of picking the virus up while in hospital and may well have made their conditions worse, or even died from them

It wasn't just about the patients either, it was also about protecting the health workers and their families.Just because these people are caring for others, it doesn't mean they should be exposed to it

It's a new virus , and nobody knew how it would pan out.Conventional wisdom has shown that by trying to isolate the virus from ppl is the only method that would work. There is no vaccine, there is no cure, we do not know if immunity is achieved.

Hindsight is great, but at the time the correct action was taken, although far too late. It worked too, the NHS just about coped, there was just enough beds and staff.When the restrictions were lifted, then the cases have risen,There hasn't been many deaths yet, but there's usually a lag of about 3 weeks.I hope i'm wrong, but Europe, Brazil, India and the US is now starting to see an increase in deaths.

This pandemic hasn't finished yet, but throwing caution to the wind and acting as if it has is going to push us back into lockdown again

I expected that the setting up of field hospitals with massive capacities meant we'd ease our way back to normal and the field hospitals would be there to cope as we passed through the peak.

Instead of that we are persisting with knee-jerk restrictions, there are reports of field hospitals closing, unused. It's almost as if the decision-makers don't know how best to navigate their way through this crisis.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back