• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Coronavirus- new spike coming?

exiledclaseboy said:
People have done what the government has told them to do.

Go to the pub.

Eat out to help out.

Get back to the office.

Get the kids back to school.

Wear a mask. Don’t wear a mask. Sometimes wear a mask.

Don’t use public transport. Use public transport. Sometimes use public transport.

Get a test. Don’t get a test. Sometimes get a test.

Don’t gather in groups of more than six. Except when you can gather in groups of more than six.

I could list many more. Yes, people are doing what people do but also what they’ve encouraged to do. Or not encouraged to do. Because it’s changes so regularly, the government flips so much it’s impossible to know what the current advice is. It’s been a shambles from start to still nowhere near finish.

No disagreement here.

Monty said:
Untitled.jpg

I don't get that, has there been a positive test linked to the pub?

It sort of reads that they are closing because infections are on the rise, but then says they hope to open soon after a deep clean?

Why would they deep clean it unless there has been an infection linked to it?

So they could deep clean it tomorrow, then re-open on Sunday...

exiledclaseboy said:
Monty said:
Untitled.jpg

I think the pandemic started in the Globe bogs. God knows what thrives in there.

The ladies toilets are spiffing.

Two regulars tested positive. Place is closed for deep cleaning over the weekend.

Neath_Jack said:
Monty said:
Untitled.jpg

It sort of reads that they are closing because infections are on the rise, but then says they hope to open soon after a deep clean?

Seems odd to shut up shop after being forced to close for months on the off chance someone in the area has it. Must either have had a confirmed case or someone has been in contact with a confirmed case and has been discovered through contact tracing.

Dr. Winston said:
exiledclaseboy said:
I think the pandemic started in the Globe bogs. God knows what thrives in there.

The ladies toilets are spiffing.

Two regulars tested positive. Place is closed for deep cleaning over the weekend.

That’s all the regulars isn’t it? :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
Neath_Jack said:

Seems odd to shut up shop after being forced to close for months on the off chance someone in the area has it. Must either have had a confirmed case or someone has been in contact with a confirmed case and has been discovered through contact tracing.

Bit of a shite notice.

Just say what they mean ffs.

exiledclaseboy said:
That’s all the regulars isn’t it? :lol:

Not at all. A few faithless types decamped to The Wern before Covid but they've been surprisingly busy since reopening.

Neath_Jack said:
The current local restrictions are a set of ballbags.

We have numerous people working for us from those areas, they haven't made a difference to them.

They are still leaving the areas to go to work, to go shopping etc.

Pubs closing at 11pm? Does covid not go out and into pubs until 1 minute past 11 or something?

People can't behave, and when you throw in the nutjobs, anti-vaxxers, the hard men who refuse to wear face coverings, what do you think is going to happen to the infection rate...

There's one in work with Mrs S who comes to Baglan daily from RCT. She openly makes it very clear she will do her shopping while she is here because "you dont have any of these stupid restrictions"

The logic, I assume, behind making pubs and clubs close early is to get the thickies out and home before they get too pissed and start hugging and stuff?

exiledclaseboy said:
The logic, I assume, behind making pubs and clubs close early is to get the thickies out and home before they get too pissed and start hugging and stuff?

No its because the virus only clocks on at 1030 in the evnings now

I read it on Facebook

It’s pretty obvious that pubs, clubs and churches are the problem when lockdown is relaxed. Korea Israel Japan same story. A 10.00 pm curfew is just a joke and won’t solve the problem.

Personally, tomorrow I’m off down the big shop to stock up on alcohol gel, toilet rolls and flour. Intelligent see.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back