• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Darren Davies leaves academy

Pacemaker

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/darren-davies-leaves-swansea-city-under-18s-coaching-position

Was this expected?

It seems to be poor timing coming so close to the start of pre season games etc

Pacemaker said:
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/darren-davies-leaves-swansea-city-under-18s-coaching-position

Was this expected?

It seems to be poor timing coming so close to the start of pre season games etc

Risca said he was leaving in a post this morning, not sure how long it was planned / known.

No doubt Risca, Jasper T and others who follow the Academy closely will know the background to this.

Pacemaker said:
No doubt Risca, Jasper T and others who follow the Academy closely will know the background to this.

I don’t follow the academy as much as I should, rely on Jasper for his take on players etc. This wasn’t out of the blue however.

Think Davies is following his old boss Ange to Spurs. By all accounts he’s a very highly rated coach, and a loss to the club.

Given the roles he had in Australia it was a little weird to me that he joined us as u16s manager tbh. Soon got promoted when Byron Anthony left for Bristol City's academy. As strong an u18s side as we've had in a long time.

No idea what the story is. Been a huge amount of turnover within the academy in the last few years, maybe it's budget, maybe it's philosophies, but the constant chopping and changing in individuals and their duties can't be ideal. He wasn't in charge of the u18s friendly the other day so I don't think it's a sudden thing, might have been decided at the end of last season and only announced now that there's further movement imminent (on his end or ours).

Gone to Cardiff, that is not good.

At all.

NeathJack said:
Iwan Morgan to follow?

He's our player until next summer unless someone comes in with a significant fee/compensation. A Cat 1 academy could force something like that through but Cardiff are Cat 2 like us and have no "poaching rights". I'm not sure why he'd go back there when he must surely be looking upwards as many Cardiff youth already have. Biancheri left them for Man Utd, Crew left them for Leeds, a goalkeeper went to Wolves the other day. Iwan's stock is as high as any of them.

NeathJack said:
Iwan Morgan to follow?

He may follow Goldie who went to Southampton. But wouldn’t rule out Cardiff either.

Jack Chapman finished as Head of youth recruitment today as well.

jasper_T said:
Jack Chapman finished as Head of youth recruitment today as well.

Southampton aswell wasn’t it?

I have set myself the target of trying to attend every home U21 game this season it will be interesting to see who we have coming through. I presume its just roll up and watch from sidelines at the Landore games?

Risc said:
Southampton aswell wasn’t it?

He's announced it now on twitter. Done really good work with South Wales youngsters the last few years, even going back to when he was an u8s/u9s coach at Cardiff starting out (some of those lads are getting pro deals now). Proper Swans fan but you have to go where the best opportunity is when the chance arises. Cat 1 academy with money to spend in their youth ranks.

Taken from another forum:

"I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I have been told that another significant member of the academy has left to join our neighbours Cardiff City"

Anyone got any further insight?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back