• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Death of a messageboard

• Thread starter BLAZE
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 63
  • Views: Views 12,223

BLAZE

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
There was a time where you couldn't move for posters after we'd turned the scum over - and let's be fair, there's been plenty of instances of that over the last 12 or so years

But this place is quieter than Legoland on a match day, these days

🤷‍♂️

BLAZE said:
There was a time where you couldn't move for posters after we'd turned the scum over - and let's be fair, there's been plenty of instances of that over the last 12 or so years

🤷‍♂️

I'm here pal, but demon drink taking a hold from celebrating :D

BLAZE said:

🤷‍♂️

Indeed. You can hear the tumbleweed. 10 posters, all excellent, online. It's done aint it?

I think so, Moany ;) :lol:

The forum switch has been a bit if a disaster really, hasn't it? It's just split up the users of an already dying format

I'm resisting the prospect of setting up a Twitter account though

Like video killing the radio star, twitter killed old school internet forums.

BLAZE said:
I think so, Moany ;) :lol:

The forum switch has been a bit if a disaster really, hasn't it? It's just split up the users of an already dying format

I'm resisting the prospect of setting up a Twitter account though

😆😆😆

😢😢😢

exiledclaseboy said:

They did but I still enjoy it over here

Maybe I am alone but thats my view and instead of moaning just post more... :lol:

Interestingly the people visiting is higher now than it was before the move

I think there is also a different thought to remember in that there are a reasonable number of people who dont feel the same about football now than maybe they did five years ago.

I wouldnt have missed 45 minutes of a derby five years ago, I did it today without a second thought. I know too many people who have stopped watching the Swans in recent years (and quite a few who now pick and choose more games) and that in itself changes the amount of time you actually want to discuss things

Internet message boards have gradually reduced in traffic over the past 6-8 years

PSumbler said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Maybe I am alone but thats my view and instead of moaning just post more... :lol:

I’m not moaning. I’m a PS lifer.

exiledclaseboy said:
PSumbler said:

Aye. I've never been a hugely prolific poster and my feelings about football today fall broadly in line with what Phil said, but I think this is the 4th or 5th incarnation of PS I've been registered on. It'd be weird to stop now.

JackSomething said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Aye. I've never been a hugely prolific poster and my feelings about football today fall broadly in line with what Phil said, but I think this is the 4th or 5th incarnation of PS I've been registered on. It'd be weird to stop now.

I was (just about) still in my 20s when I first found out that there were sites on that new internet thing where you could talk about the swans with like minded folks. Next year I’ll hit the big five O. That’s a long time. Without this site I’d never have met and got to know Darran Prosser. And that’s why I hate Phil. :lol:

Sorry guys the moaning was a tongue in cheek comment definitely, I am a serial moaner in life

I would also say that I lost alot of passion for forums in my time during the Trust - its pretty hard running a forum and watching you being ripped apart on it as well by people who like to think they understand the ins and outs of things that they don't have the first clue on :lol:

I actually prefer it since the move (it wasn't a split, others chose to make it a split) - the things you can do on this forum make it (in my view) more interesting to read plus we only seem to have kept the "almost" decent Cardiff posters (Benny, thats the closest you will get to a compliment BTW!)

Anyway, on a total side issue, Cardiff really are bollocks arent they

exiledclaseboy said:
JackSomething said:

I was (just about) still in my 20s when I first found out that there were sites on that new internet thing where you could talk about the swans with like minded folks. Next year I’ll hit the big five O. That’s a long time. Without this site I’d never have met and got to know Darran Prosser. And that’s why I hate Phil. :lol:

:lol: It was 1st July 2001 when I was given the keys to the site, twenty years next summer and I should get some lifetime achievement award (oh, wait I have one of them already :lol: )

Like you - as you know - I will be 50 in April, maybe I should retire. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Personally, for me, it’s WhatsApp that dominates during the game.

I’m back here reading afterwards but in real time forums just aren’t as immediate.

exiledclaseboy said:
JackSomething said:

Prick.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back