• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Defending

Pentyrchjack said:
Fisher was shocking today, indecisive and should be coming to meet those crosses.

I agree, but he's about eleven stone soaking wet, he's hardly going to come through a pack of players to punch clear, 400k down the drain .

Swanjaxs said:
Pentyrchjack said:
Fisher was shocking today, indecisive and should be coming to meet those crosses.

I agree, but he's about eleven stone soaking wet, he's hardly going to come through a pack of players to punch clear, 400k down the drain .

I’m eleven stone and 5 ft 8. I’d get a lot of those balls. The secret is to use your knees and elbows and the fact you can actually use the extra two feet god gave you with your arms. He’s shit. What’s worse is he’s also a shithouse.

Just looked at some numbers. We have conceded an average of 1,5 goals a game.When you take away the clean sheets it's 2.3 per game.

I've posted before that even in those clean sheet games we have got away with them due to the poor standard of finishing in this division. They really are damning figures which must point to either players aren't capable or/and formations are wrong.

Opposition managers constantly make comment, opposition fans comment, the media comment.

If real progress was happening we would see more than short phases in games.

Martin has nearly 130 games as manager. When does he stop being inexperienced and understand that you use the resource available in the best way. You move to your preferred way of playing over time. There is a responsibility to give fans performances and results. When do his repeated reasons be shown as excuses for not deviating from 'The Process'

Fisher is a League One keeper who has done nothing to suggest that he has the tools to play any higher, and don’t tell me about distribution, he’s crap at it. We already have a keeper, possibly two, who are at least the equal if not better than Fisher in every possible way. As for defence, completely down to the coaching. The goals and shots we are giving away more often come from us dicking around when we don’t need to. The other day against B’mouth a free kick to us, taken by Naughton in our own half led to a shot against us within three touches! Ridiculous, completely the responsibility of the manager and he needs to knuckle down and sort it out as it is plainly obvious that this team could have achieved so much more.

Watched the goals again. A real goalkeeper stops four of those.

We still should have lost 5-1 on play, but you don’t lose on play.

Easy to blame the keeper when you concede 5. Not his fault surely if the opposition have 27 shots at goal despite our ''controlling the game'' with 70% possession. Bournemouth had 24 shots. 51 shots against in 2 games that must be another table we are top of.

monmouth said:
Watched the goals again. A real goalkeeper stops four of those.

We still should have lost 5-1 on play, but you don’t lose on play.

Also, a real defence doesn't allow the opposition the majority of the chances that Forest had yesterday.

Regardless of the formation it seems that RM is wanting to play out of the back at all times. There are only a few teams (i.e., Liverpool, Man City, etc.) in European football capable of doing this consistently since they have the players with the requisite skill, pace, experience and defensive nous to expedite this way of playing.

We have very few of these attributes and any team that puts us under significant pressure, via aggressively pressing or attacking at pace, usually gets good reward.

I have no issue with seeing us keeping the ball and playing out from the back, but we need to implement changes to ensure that we are much more defensively solid when we don't have the ball for 30-40% of the game.

A keeper that commands the area; better playmaker(s) between defence and attack (as opposed to Naughton putting on his best Franz Beckenbauer impression; Grimes and Downes are capable in their own way but need to become more of an attacking threat for more of the game); a fitter squad (so that everyone can be part of the defensive setup) and some proper centre backs that are comfortable with passing a ball and can defend set pieces !

RM has much work to do over the summer and given the probably lack of funds at his disposal is not going to be an easy task !

CurtessECarr said:
Easy to blame the keeper when you concede 5. Not his fault surely if the opposition have 27 shots at goal despite our ''controlling the game'' with 70% possession. Bournemouth had 24 shots. 51 shots against in 2 games that must be another table we are top of.

Fisher saved us yesterday but was also guilty of three howlers plus a couple of near misses.
He was poor yesterday, but he fitted in well

3swan said:
Just looked at some numbers. We have conceded an average of 1,5 goals a game.When you take away the clean sheets it's 2.3 per game.

I've posted before that even in those clean sheet games we have got away with them due to the poor standard of finishing in this division. They really are damning figures which must point to either players aren't capable or/and formations are wrong.

Opposition managers constantly make comment, opposition fans comment, the media comment.

Martin has nearly 130 games as manager. When does he stop being inexperienced and understand that you use the resource available in the best way. You move to your preferred way of playing over time. There is a responsibility to give fans performances and results. When do his repeated reasons be shown as excuses for not deviating from 'The Process'

A few weeks ago, you pointed out to me the number of chances we give away even in wins, which I hadn't really clocked (not watching full games will have contributed to that) and to be fair, you were spot on.

JackSomething said:
3swan said:

A few weeks ago, you pointed out to me the number of chances we give away even in wins, which I hadn't really clocked (not watching full games will have contributed to that) and to be fair, you were spot on.

Through our own "mistakes", it wouldn't surprise me at all if we create more chances for the oppo than they create for themselves.

Never seen a season like it before.

CurtessECarr said:

Forest's 17 shots on target yesterday, was a record for any team in the 4 English divisions this season.

TheLoneRanger said:
CurtessECarr said:

Forest's 17 shots on target yesterday, was a record for any team in the 4 English divisions this season.

That is shocking.
Only scored 4 ( one was an own goal ).
Plus the many that were off target.
Hope Cooper had them in for extra target practice this morning? :D

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads