• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Defending

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not something we believe in much :lol:

PSumbler said:

Its an optional extra in our game, you need to keep up to date with things SCFC Phillip :lol:

Niigata Jack said:
PSumbler said:

Its an optional extra in our game, you need to keep up to date with things SCFC Phillip :lol:

Bit like an indicator on a BMW you mean?

And right on cue another comedy moment in our defence

Other than acquiring some players who can defend, we need a coach who can set up a defence.

Shambolic.

Neath_Jack said:
Other than acquiring some players who can defend, we need a coach who can set up a defence.

Shambolic.

The thing is though, in the past few games we had, fairly unnoticed, moved closer to an actual back 4. The wing backs became more full backs. Downes sat further forward. We changed it during the game in the week and conceded three (we made a substitution, I can’t even remember who now, and pushed the wing backs in and dropped Downes deeper - was it when Cabango went off, or the one after that). Anyway, it showed that the more standard formation we had been employing (Piroe sitting more in that Dobbie position as well) had worked. And then today, we went back three and wing backs again and were lucky it wasn’t 7 or 8.

I don’t know what he’s seeing. Other than we’ve gone from 55-60% possession back up to 80% plus again. Even when watching Swans Tv, they keep banging on about possession stats.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Neath_Jack said:

Shambolic.

The thing is though, in the past few games we had, fairly unnoticed, moved closer to an actual back 4. The wing backs became more full backs. Downes sat further forward. We changed it during the game in the week and conceded three (we made a substitution, I can’t even remember who now, and pushed the wing backs in and dropped Downes deeper - was it when Cabango went off, or the one after that). Anyway, it showed that the more standard formation we had been employing (Piroe sitting more in that Dobbie position as well) had worked. And then today, we went back three and wing backs again and were lucky it wasn’t 7 or 8.

I don’t know what he’s seeing. Other than we’ve gone from 55-60% possession back up to 80% plus again. Even when watching Swans Tv, they keep banging on about possession stats.

It's scary as well how many times we have completely capitulated in the second half of a game this season

The football has definitely improved in recent weeks going forward but we can never progresss when the defence is weak and full of holes

PSumbler said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

It's scary as well how many times we have completely capitulated in the second half of a game this season

The football has definitely improved in recent weeks going forward but we can never progresss when the defence is weak and full of holes

Needs a keeper who can really command everything within the box as well. Not impressed with Fisher to be honest.

Londonlisa2001 said:
PSumbler said:

Needs a keeper who can really command everything within the box as well. Not impressed with Fisher to be honest.

I'm in the same boat but I though he had one of his better games today as he made some saves.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

I'm in the same boat but I though he had one of his better games today as he made some saves.

He makes some good saves, but to be honest most keeper do that. His refusal to come for stuff though is infuriating.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Neath_Jack said:

Shambolic.

Good post.

Let's hope that they've already identified suitable defensive targets (who will be cheap!) and are prepared to tweak the system to make us more defensively sound.

Burns barely featured, Ogbeta not featured at all, Wolf is good but only here on loan and Fisher looks like a waste of money. For the second successive season (although it mattered more last year given where we were/are in the table), our January transfer window has been a disaster.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back