• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Defending set pieces

• Thread starter Chief
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 23
  • Views: Views 1,487

Chief

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
I make that the 4th game in a row where we've conceded directly from one.

All preventable.

Pathetic.

Scum next week who score plenty from them.

It's an issue for sure.

However no shots on target with 73% possession is even more alarming.

It's how they get attracted to the ball each time the set piece is delivered into our area.
Never been a fan of zonal marking but it might be the best option going forward because the spaces left in our area is huge on time.

It’s clearly a legacy thing.
Legacy shite defending, with legacy shite defenders recruited to play shite defending.

Wood - failed at Boro and even failed in Scotland where crap defending is the norm

Darling - failed to make the grade at Cambridge United, where crap defending is the norm

The tragedy - with Cooper we had a top 3 defence, then Martin dismantled and smashed it and it’s core values to smithereens.

Sadly we can't do either very well. When we have CB's that ball watch hence we are so vulnerable. At least Darling is switched on to a degree better than the two incumbents. We have no leaders in our defence and I will discount Naughton mainly because he isn't the answer either. Rebuild desperately needed..

A larg proportion of the goals we concede are preventable, having a couple of central defenders that can't do the basics of defending set pieces is always going to cost us...

A larg proportion of the goals we concede are preventable, having a couple of central defenders that can't do the basics of defending set pieces is always going to cost us...
for your information Tyman went missing at Sunderland for their goal Naughton lost his man v Blackburn the Watfird goal came as we had no one on the back post not sure about today your obvious hate of Cabango and Wood is blurring your vision

for your information Tyman went missing at Sunderland for their goal Naughton lost his man v Blackburn the Watfird goal came as we had no one on the back post not sure about today your obvious hate of Cabango and Wood is blurring your vision
Another of my pet hates........no one on the front or back post when defending set pieces. Seems to be the norm.

yes it seems to be the fashion for most sides these days...but had we had someone there at Watford it may well have avoided their equaliser

It’s clearly a legacy thing.
Legacy shite defending, with legacy shite defenders recruited to play shite defending.

Wood - failed at Boro and even failed in Scotland where crap defending is the norm

Darling - failed to make the grade at Cambridge United, where crap defending is the norm

The tragedy - with Cooper we had a top 3 defence, then Martin dismantled and smashed it and it’s core values to smithereens.
So 37 games into this season you're srill blaming the previous manager, really??

If that was true, & I don't believe it is, it would be a damming indictment of our current management team.

It's almost as if you've got an agenda....

FYI

In my honest opinion, both Cabango and Wood are stealing a living, nothing to do with hatred, Tymon is also bang average, Naughts past it.
Now back in your box old man.

Have a lovely evening 😘

So 37 games into this season you're srill blaming the previous manager, really??

If that was true, & I don't believe it is, it would be a damming indictment of our current management team.

It's almost as if you've got an agenda....
Agenda ? I don’t think you know what that means in this context. Whoosh.

Our defence is still suffering from the rot, the malaise of Martin.
The fella dismantled everything good about our winning ways, our top 3 defence especially.

The fact that some twp fringe fantasist Martinistas still refuse or fail to see this is comedy gold. Truly.

FYI

In my honest opinion, both Cabango and Wood are stealing a living, nothing to do with hatred, Tymon is also bang average, Naughts past it.
Now back in your box old man.

Have a lovely evening 😘
cheeky kids who know nought

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back