• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Does God exist ?

WalterBoyd said:
Seriously interested in your answers.

Having suffered what we have recently , as much as I'd like to believe....am struggling with it.

May I caution against anyone being "seriously interested" in the views of us reprobates posting on here.

Pretty sure he’s got an account on the other board. Likes getting the red pen out.

Well we have just had probably the worst case of child torture and abuse i can remember in my life time. My late father used to say " if there was a god why would he let that happen to someone so young and helpless". I'm tending to agree with him more these days.

There is zero evidence of a god but it can't be proved there is not one either , a more modern question is why is there something rather than nothing , that can't be answered either , just accept we live in a mystery

cmajack said:
Well we have just had probably the worst case of child torture and abuse i can remember in my life time. My late father used to say " if there was a god why would he let that happen to someone so young and helpless". I'm tending to agree with him more these days.

Yes, if there is a god he should be sacked.

No.

'God' is merely an invention of mankind in a vain attempt to exlain away the existence of the universe and the role of humans within it. Some religions also dangle the myth of everlasting existance in a nirvana or heaven after death. It is all complete unscientific claptrap designed to please the imaginations of feeble minded people.

It is also positively dangerous, in that conflicts between peoples supporting different religions have slaughtered millions of lives, and continue to do so to this day, whilst conveniently forgetting that 'to kill' another person is forbidden within their own damn religions.

I agree with the quotes below.

“The existence of God is not subjective. He either exists or he doesn’t. It’s not a matter of opinion.” – Ricky Gervais

“As an atheist, I see nothing “wrong” in believing in a God. I don’t think there is a God, but belief in him does no harm.” – Ricky Gervais

BrynCartwright said:
No.

'God' is merely an invention of mankind in a vain attempt to exlain away the existence of the universe and the role of humans within it. Some religions also dangle the myth of everlasting existance in a nirvana or heaven after death. It is all complete unscientific claptrap designed to please the imaginations of feeble minded people.

It is also positively dangerous, in that conflicts between peoples supporting different religions have slaughtered millions of lives, and continue to do so to this day, whilst conveniently forgetting that 'to kill' another person is forbidden within their own damn religions.

The point of it is to give people strength, a reason to exist.

In the days before 'God' there was still faith at tribal level, whether it be their own deity or the sun or the moon or whatever - there has always been a belief system, and it is thought that tribal battles battles were more often than not won by those had had faith, whatever that was, rather than the heathens that did not, simply because those with faith had something worth fighting for.

cmajack said:

Ahhh, but the religous folk will say "that proves nothing, because God gave man free will". OK then, why does God allow natural disasters that kill thousands or millions, like the sunami or the current pandemic? No doubt they'll have a convenient excuse for that too. The work of the devil, see.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back