• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ethan Laird being recalled by Man Utd

• Thread starter Roger
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 100
  • Views: Views 10,851

Roger

First Team Player
Reaction score
We’re in deep trouble now. He’s off to Bournemouth for second half of season.

https://twitter.com/mcgrathmike/status/1477635671187730432?s=20

That’s an absolute sickener.

United fans seem to think it’s because they play flat back four and it would be better for his development.

Huge blow

If true then we will miss his pace on the wing, but defensively he has been asked to do very little recently so won't miss him there.

If Man U want him to play as a traditional type full back, this is understandable. However, if they want to develop him as wing back it seems pointless sending him to Bournemouth, he’s played just about every game for us since his loan move as a wing back.

Darran said:
I wonder if Burnley would loan us back Roberts until the end of the season?

No chance surely?

I’d rather us change formation now and knock this 3 at back on head.

That's bad news. The only true real pace in the team and will leave a considerable gap to be filled.

Assuming it to be true I wonder if we had much of a heads up or any mandate from Man U to keep the loan agreement live and in place.

A real blow and quite a worrying statement from a side about how we utilise players?

Understand if they recalled him to play him or if it was Liverpool and Rhys Williams for example given a lack of game time but this feels like a kick in the teeth for the manager as much as the club?

PSumbler said:
A real blow and quite a worrying statement from a side about how we utilise players?

Understand if they recalled him to play him or if it was Liverpool and Rhys Williams for example given a lack of game time but this feels like a kick in the teeth for the manager as much as the club?

To be honest Phil that’s what come to my mind. They can’t be happy with how things are progressing down here with him. Quite worrying.

Gutting as he was playing but he’s a United player so that’s always the risk. As others have said, I hope we’ve had enough notice to plan for a replacement

Risc said:
PSumbler said:

To be honest Phil that’s what come to my mind. They can’t be happy with how things are progressing down here with him. Quite worrying.

I can't see that it is anything else. They loaned him to a Championship side for first team football. HE and Martin had history due to his time at MK Dons last season and now - half a season in - they want him to go to Bournemouth. Maybe its our league position or maybe its just the way that we are playing but there is a worrying message in here for sure

PSumbler said:
Risc said:

I can't see that it is anything else. They loaned him to a Championship side for first team football. HE and Martin had history due to his time at MK Dons last season and now - half a season in - they want him to go to Bournemouth. Maybe its our league position or maybe its just the way that we are playing but there is a worrying message in here for sure

Or it could be as simple as they want to test him at a higher level.

PSumbler said:
Risc said:

I’m clinging to hope it’s because we are reliant on playing WB’s and they want him as a standard RB.

But yes, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t concerned with the news.

Neath_Jack said:
PSumbler said:

Or it could be as simple as they want to test him at a higher level.

I'd agree with that (and bar the obvious that Bournemouth are at the top end of the league) but it is the same level after all?

They play the same teams every week

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back