• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ethan Laird being recalled by Man Utd

• Thread starter Roger
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 100
  • Views: Views 10,858
Swanjaxs said:
If United come in for Matty Grimes this month we should tell them to do one in retaliation...

:lol: :lol:

You obviously mean Ebbsfleet Utd

jacabertawe said:
Jeez, this on top of players' recovery and lacking in playing time and playing catchup!
Any other good news out there?

Been a rocky season from the start with the pre season palava, and not getting easier.

I wouldn't be too disappointed with this, if it wasn't for the fact we have very few options in this position. Aside from a few moments i don't think he has been all that impressive especially defensively.
Maybe time to move back to a more convetional RB and put another body in midfield from CB.
Cant imagine many clubs would be in the selling/loaning mood with covid ruling players out all the time.

jacabertawe said:
Jeez, this on top of players' recovery and lacking in playing time and playing catchup!
Any other good news out there?

Well, a new series of Call The Midwife starts tonight if that helps?

People saying this is Martins fault need to wake up and smell reality.

Gutting if true, I can only hope that there is a "break penalty" in the loan agreement if he is immediately loaned out to another club.

This might be what is needed to prompt RM into a rethink on our shape though. We know through Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup that it is absolutely possible to play flowing possession football and still have a back four. One less sitting midfielder and use of conventional wingers and full backs might actually suit our current squad far better.

Ironically our best choices for right wing and left wing (Whittaker and Joseph) we have now loaned out elsewhere. To me the shape of our current squad means we have to be looking at:

------------------------- GK ---------------------------
Naughton -- Cooper -------- Cabango --- Manning
-------------------- Downes / Grimes ----------------
---------------------Ntcham / Walsh -----------------
RW -------------------- Paterson ------------------ LW
-------------------- Piroe / Obafemi -----------------

Work will be needed to get a new keeper (Wednesday apparently). We then need wingers comfortable with possession football but who can also take a man on and break defensive lines. In this shape I envision Downes and Grimes sharing the "Briton" role, Ntcham or Walsh playing the "Pratley" role and Paterson playing the "Sigurdsson" role

When we beat Bournemouth in the playoff final at Wembley the boot will be on the other foot then, just you wait and see...

What do we expect with loanees?
Far better if we gave some of our boys a chance instead of being an experiment for other clubs.

He’s massively overrated. The only thing he does consistently is fall over when in the vicinity of an opposition player. He could have carved out ten chances for us this season and he’s chosen to go down every time.

F*ck him.

Swanjaxs said:
When we beat Bournemouth in the playoff final at Wembley the boot will be on the other foot then, just you wait and see...

I'll have a half of what you are drinking!!

Play offs more like relegation scrap

Vetchonian said:
Swanjaxs said:

I'll have a half of what you are drinking!!

Play offs more like relegation scrap

No mate, I'll have half of your meds if you thought I was being serious 😂😂

We’ll finish between 8th - 12th I’m sure, and next season we’ll have a proper go.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back