• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ethan Laird being recalled by Man Utd

• Thread starter Roger
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 100
  • Views: Views 10,864
Do we recall Garrick? Seems to be doing OK in that position at Plymouth. Ok for people to say he's not good enough but he may suit the way RM plays. Also we do seem to be looking at players in league 1 who also may not be good enough.

Swansea93 said:
We’ll finish between 8th - 12th I’m sure, and next season we’ll have a proper go.

I'm in the same boat as you mate.

Itchysphincter said:
He’s massively overrated. The only thing he does consistently is fall over when in the vicinity of an opposition player. He could have carved out ten chances for us this season and he’s chosen to go down every time.

F*ck him.

Deluded you. He’s a class act. This club is cursed and we will be lucky to finish 15th.

CurtessECarr said:
Do we recall Garrick? Seems to be doing OK in that position at Plymouth. Ok for people to say he's not good enough but he may suit the way RM plays. Also we do seem to be looking at players in league 1 who also may not be good enough.

I’m sure he’s playing striker for Plymouth currently but his first couple of games he played RB there I think.

I don't think Garrick is the answer. He may be 'ours' and he may have pace, but let's not let heart rule over head. We haven't seen him do anything in a Swans shirt to indicate that he can backfill the Laird departure.

Roger said:
Itchysphincter said:
He’s massively overrated. The only thing he does consistently is fall over when in the vicinity of an opposition player. He could have carved out ten chances for us this season and he’s chosen to go down every time.

F*ck him.

Deluded you. He’s a class act. This club is cursed and we will be lucky to finish 15th.

I'm not sure he is a 'class act' but neither is he a bad player. Feel his defensive side of the game and positioning has let him down at times and recently he hasn't really offered too much going forward either. (Whether that is down to the sheer amount of games or not).
We will be hard pressed to get any replacement in of any quality though. Through lack of funds and clubs unwilling to loan so freely.

It is surprising that he would go to Bournemouth though as their RB has played most games and looked pretty decent.

15th would be alright for this season.

I went to Bournemouth once. It was really nice but the hotel was run by basil and was very dated. Even the cockroaches had mullets. Anyway Dad bought some chips on the seafront that were stolen by a kamikaze herring gull to which he exclaimed “F**k you Bournemouth, God’s waiting room”. After the police turned up we left and tried Torquay. Same there!

I agree, good player but goes down too easy and one of the reasons we haven’t had penalties this season !! Seen as a diver by referees so we ain’t getting the benefit of doubt.

Itchysphincter said:

F*ck him.

Roger said:
Itchysphincter said:

F*ck him.

Okey dokey. From what I’ve seen he has potential, nothing more.

Roger said:
Itchysphincter said:

F*ck him.

waaaaaaah the sky is falling the sky is falling

grow up.

Some donkeys on this site have been saying we'd be relegated/in a relegation battle for years ffs - comfortably mid table this season and top 6 next. Look at Brentofrd's first 18 months under the gorm, they wanted him sacked\!

tim_healings said:
I went to Bournemouth once. It was really nice but the hotel was run by basil and was very dated. Even the cockroaches had mullets. Anyway Dad bought some chips on the seafront that were stolen by a kamikaze herring gull to which he exclaimed “F**k you Bournemouth, God’s waiting room”. After the police turned up we left and tried Torquay. Same there!

Did they get the gull in the end?

PSumbler said:
tim_healings said:

Did they get the gull in the end?

They had to call in the flying squad.

eteb said:
Roger said:

grow up.

Some donkeys on this site have been saying we'd be relegated/in a relegation battle for years ffs - comfortably mid table this season and top 6 next. Look at Brentofrd's first 18 months under the gorm, they wanted him sacked\!

Waaaaaaaaaaaah eteb doesn't like realism.

I'm sad that our football club, who was flying in the Premier League just a few years ago playing good football and beating the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd, to struggling to get out of midtable in a terrible Championship league.

Our club has fallen hard and fast and it will only get worse. We can't get by on loans forever and build anything that way.

This club is done.

Roger said:
eteb said:

grow up.

I'm sad that our football club, who was flying in the Premier League just a few years ago playing good football and beating the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd, to struggling to get out of midtable in a terrible Championship league.

Our club has fallen hard and fast and it will only get worse. We can't get by on loans forever and build anything that way.

This club is done.

Premier league fan, rather than swans fan - is that fair to say?

Itchysphincter said:
Roger said:

This club is done.

Premier league fan, rather than swans fan - is that fair to say?

The line 'this club is done' suggests a troll to me.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back