• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Eustance has turned us down then?

3swan said:
Risc said:
We have had weeks since Cooper and the club decided to part. Cooper even done us a favour and did pre season! How we haven’t had something wrapped up I’ll never know. I’ve stuck up for the club lately but this is beyond unacceptable. Winter is out of his depth.

It's all very strange and in no way am I sticking up for the club but in their eyes it could have looked all wrapped up and as big a surprise to them. We don't know why he was given the w/end but alarm bells should have been ringing

Agreed. Reads to me as if he's verbally/provisionally accepted the job but nothing could be signed until Cooper was gone. Now that's happened he's backed out for some reason. Could be not fancying the job here, could be he doesn't want to move his family out of London, could be QPR have made him a very attractive offer to stay, who knows?

Let's hope the club have been keeping other options open and don't have to start from square one again.

I wonder if he had spoken to Cooper over the last 72 hours and that may have been scared off....?

Is it certain then? Dubious first time poster rolls up and all three posts calling us a pile of shite?

Eustace stayed as QPR assistant when they passed him over so perhaps he just likes that job based in London and doesn’t want to step up. I think that might be a far more understandable interpretation than we are in desperate trouble or a joke. Nobody knows, but let’s see how it plays out before getting the pitchforks out.

Risc said:
3swan said:
Very true made no real sense. The only thing that has changed is one man has turned us down. It's what happens now is the important thing. We all basically knew a new manager would have to work on what is here with maybe Grimes leaving. It's the timing that's the big issue.

We have had weeks since Cooper and the club decided to part. Cooper even done us a favour and did pre season! How we haven’t had something wrapped up I’ll never know. I’ve stuck up for the club lately but this is beyond unacceptable. Winter is out of his depth.

Yep. There’s no need for this to be dragged out. They’ve had at least all summer. Some warning signs at the moment - top players leaving and not being replaced, this managerial change.

Not a ball kicked in the league yet of course, and there’s still a bit of time, but I’m getting a bit nervous about this season.

monmouth said:
Is it certain then? Dubious first time poster rolls up and all three posts calling us a pile of shite?

Eustace stayed as QPR assistant when they passed him over so perhaps he just likes that job based in London and doesn’t want to step up. I think that might be a far more understandable interpretation than we are in desperate trouble or a joke. Nobody knows, but let’s see how it plays out before getting the pitchforks out.

Wales Online confirmed he will not be our new manager now Mon. No Biggie, complete unknown really with managerial experience starting and ending at Kidderminstee

A4Jack said:
monmouth said:

Wales Online confirmed he will not be our new manager now Mon. No Biggie, complete unknown really with managerial experience starting and ending at Kidderminstee

Fair enough then. Shame if he was our first choice, but there we are. Test of Winter now then….am I confident…not overly.

The guy also turned down Blackpool talks last year. Clearly an issue with him. He didn't back himself for them but they got up

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Risc said:

Yep. There’s no need for this to be dragged out. They’ve had at least all summer. Some warning signs at the moment - top players leaving and not being replaced, this managerial change.

Not a ball kicked in the league yet of course, and there’s still a bit of time, but I’m getting a bit nervous about this season.

It was always going to be ‘difficult’. No parachutes, covid, running us balancing income and expenditure. Others must surely be in a worse state. Really, the three teams coming down should walk back up if they’ve been managed half way properly.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
It'll be curt you watch

It could be a lot worse than that. No names, no Tate drill.

Maybe we will end up with young Tosh after all.

monmouth said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:

It was always going to be ‘difficult’. No parachutes, covid, running us balancing income and expenditure. Others must surely be in a worse state. Really, the three teams coming down should walk back up if they’ve been managed half way properly.

Far from ideal for us but gut feeling is that he had another thought and decided that this wasn't the job for him at this stage in his career.

Let’s all blame the club is it 🙄

Big deal, clubs change managers at all points though the season. Not ideal but there you go.

F*ck him.

monmouth said:

Yes mate it’s been confirmed on numerous sites! Where have I stated that we are a pile of shit?? I have followed the swans for 25 years!! So entitled to a opinion on the club I follow and love!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back