• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

FA Cup Third Round 2023: The Official Bristol City v Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Bristol City?

• Bristol City win

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Swans win

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PSumbler said:
For all the nice stuff we played in the first half we had ONE shot at goal in that period and that was gifted to us.

We managed four shots at goal all game - 2 on target and 2 off target

We looked OK going forward first half but we are toothless largely when it comes to the final third

Bad in front of goal and bad in defence makes for a poor side.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Yeah agreed, very worrying up front. Piroe has lost his mojo and should be dropped. We are going no where this this team and manager

Yep, he’s nowhere near the threat he was last year. And our other main striker from last year is missing in action. Ideally we need two strikers and a quality number 10, but we all know that won’t happen.

When they were pushing on in the second half we had a great opportunity to hit them on the counter when we won the ball back. Unfortunately we’ve taken anyone with pace or ability to run at the opposition out of the squad and somehow ended up with Piroe on the wing trying to beat a man.

Vetchonian said:
what was it Kompany said last week about us

Some rubbish about us being harder to play than Man Utd

We didn't lose though we tried our best to do so in the second half. I was flabbergasted at some of the poor quality and decision making of the passing. What on earth is going on in Darling's head when a pass is clearly going to come to him. It could have been so much worse but we dust ourselves down and go again

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/details-confirmed-bristol-city-fa-cup-replay

One of those games. Nice and neat in the first half but with no real cutting edge in the final third; Whittaker has to be involved in our next league game IMO. Could have gone to sleep in the second half and an equaliser of sorts was inevitable. A nice day out though all told.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9w-UBSGPl8

Just got back, and whist I'm glad wer still in the cup, our ability to make crap opposition look good is mind boggling.
Piroe needs a fckn shoeing, Joe/Grimes both kept us in it....as for Benda, the mystery wrapped up in an enigma that he is continues.
That said, take a draw and even an average performance should see us get through cos the Brizzles are fckn awful.

sainthelens said:
Just got back, and whist I'm glad wer still in the cup, our ability to make crap opposition look good is mind boggling.
Piroe needs a fckn shoeing, Joe/Grimes both kept us in it....as for Benda, the mystery wrapped up in an enigma that he is continues.
That said, take a draw and even an average performance should see us get through cos the Brizzles are fckn awful.

I agree with you, they were fucking garbage. We just have a weird way of making shite teams look half decent. Also It seem’s I’m being proven correct about Benda, no better than Fisher. Andrew would have been hung drawn and quartered after today and the Burnley game.

Fisher started the season as first choice and made numerous mistakes. Benda came in and was a big upgrade initially, now has started to make similar mistakes to Fisher.

Not sure why people seem happy about Benda's mistakes, as it means we have two crap/unreliable keepers rather than just one.

JackSomething said:
Fisher started the season as first choice and made numerous mistakes. Benda came in and was a big upgrade initially, now has started to make similar mistakes to Fisher.

Not sure why people seem happy about Benda's mistakes, as it means we have two crap/unreliable keepers rather than just one.

Who said they are happy with his mistakes😂

You don't like him a get it but don't make stuff up.

Like yeah I'm chuffed and over the moon Benda let in another soft goal today. 😂😂😂

sainthelens said:

2nd half - Bristol was far more inventive, driving, energetic, and had the greater will to win.

We looked lethargic. The players looked like they'd lost all faith in Martinwang's ability to turn it around. Shoulders hunched. Minimal eye contact with Martin. The body language of players and manager is shot.

It looked like they gave loads for Watford/Burnley. Then started to disbelieve when Martin yet again reverted to his mis-managing ways.

JackSomething said:

Not happy about it at all, but I was shot down when I said he was no better than Andy, especially after he had a couple decent games. It’s certainly a position I would strengthen, if not in this window then the summer at least.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back