• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

FA Cup Third Round 2023: The Official Bristol City v Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Bristol City?

• Bristol City win

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Swans win

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jak365 said:
2nd half - Bristol was far more inventive, driving, energetic, and had the greater will to win.

We looked lethargic. The players looked like they'd lost all faith in Martinwang's ability to turn it around. Shoulders hunched. Minimal eye contact with Martin. The body language of players and manager is shot.

It looked like they gave loads for Watford/Burnley. Then started to disbelieve when Martin yet again reverted to his mis-managing ways.

"Bristol were far more inventive, driving, energetic, and had the greater will to win"

Yeah, 3-4 minutes into the 2nd half they were probably looking at each other and saying "hang on, come on guys, they've stopped playing, if we up our game, there might be something in this game for us" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Time for reality check, chances are we'll fall short of the play offs. Why not just go for a cup run, replay/4th round very winnable. And Russ' ego would love nothing more than a huge money spinner later on. Drawing a big un could put around a million in the coffers ,let's face it, the guy wants to be in the news/shop window.....that'll do it.

I didnt follow the game at all today, can someone sum up it up in one sentence for me?

And was it on TV or stream anywhere?

BLAZE said:
I didnt follow the game at all today, can someone sum up it up in one sentence for me?

2 average sides. Fair result.

BLAZE said:

First half we were good, aggressive and got a lucky break with the goal.. 2nd half we reverted back to Martinball, slow and defensively suspect as always, Bristol got a deserved equaliser

Can we just go back to doing the basics right and signing defenders who can defend, midfielders who can create and a strikers/wingers who score goals?

Martin over complicates everything. Football is a simple game and yet we’re trying to turn it into a weekly game of intense chess.

Can’t wait until this fraud leaves.

sainthelens said:
Time for reality check, chances are we'll fall short of the play offs. Why not just go for a cup run, replay/4th round very winnable. And Russ' ego would love nothing more than a huge money spinner later on. Drawing a big un could put around a million in the coffers ,let's face it, the guy wants to be in the news/shop window.....that'll do it.

That’s how Potter got the Brighton gig. That Man City loss and the way we played them was very costly for us. Typically, that won’t happen with this punter.

If he goes, it is a bit scary what might be next. I’d love us to go for Paulo again, but more likely to be something awful. Still, with Russo we are treading water at best. First half today I quite enjoyed as we were turning forward and pressing, without any real edge. Second half was pure Martinball.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back