• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

FAO Jack123

Cooperman

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
I know you like a curry and are also partial to a bit of cheffing, if you don’t fancy cooking from scratch and cannot be bothered to go to Aberavon for a take out, then try these. They are the closest thing to a restaurant curry that you will find on a supermarket shelf, and believe me I have tried them all. Just add meat and I normally bulk it up with peppers and onions. The butter chicken isn’t exactly mild, but chop up the chilli before cooking it for a little extra zing. The Goa dish is about an 8 on my fire scale. You won’t be disappointed.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/289623609

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/289623650

(Other curry eaters are welcome to dabble).

Cooperman said:
I know you like a curry and are also partial to a bit of cheffing, if you don’t fancy cooking from scratch and cannot be bothered to go to Aberavon for a take out, then try these. They are the closest thing to a restaurant curry that you will find on a supermarket shelf, and believe me I have tried them all. Just add meat and I normally bulk it up with peppers and onions. The butter chicken isn’t exactly mild, but chop up the chilli before cooking it for a little extra zing. The Goa dish is about an 8 on my fire scale. You won’t be disappointed.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/289623609

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/289623650

(Other curry eaters are welcome to dabble).

Yep. Me and the wife use them and can confirm that, as ever, Coops taste-buds are spot on.

DJack said:
Yep. Me and the wife use them and can confirm that, as ever, Coops taste-buds are spot on.

Which ones have you tried? We’ve only had these two and the tarka daal (also superb as a side dish), but I’m trying to get my hands on the chettinad.

Thanks for that, I'll definitely give it a whirl, normally use the Pataks sauce, which is ok, but nothing to write home about.

If you are after The Spice Tailor Curry Southern Chettinad, it's currently showing in stock Tesco Fforestfach Aisle 24.

jack123 said:
Thanks for that, I'll definitely give it a whirl, normally use the Pataks sauce, which is ok, but nothing to write home about.

If you are after The Spice Tailor Curry Southern Chettinad, it's currently showing in stock Tesco Fforestfach Aisle 24.

No worries. These are better than Patak’s and by a long way. I will pop up to Fforestfach when I get a chance, cheers for the tip off. Let me know how you get on with these.

Cooperman said:
Which ones have you tried? We’ve only had these two and the tarka daal (also superb as a side dish), but I’m trying to get my hands on the chettinad.

Fiery Goan
Korma
Tikka Massala
Keralan Coconut

All really tidy

We were not fussed on the chettinad and we've probably tried one or two others in the distant past but cant quite remember. :oops:

DJack said:
Fiery Goan
Korma
Tikka Massala
Keralan Coconut

All really tidy

We were not fussed on the chettinad and we've probably tried one or two others in the distant past but cant quite remember. :oops:

Will give the korma and tikka masala a miss as I wouldn’t eat them in a restaurant. Probably the same for the keralan coconut if it’s mild. Was well impressed with the fiery goan though, it’s got a little oil in the large sauce bag which makes for a great texture.

Korma is a dessert curry, and Masala isn't a curry FFS, curry without spices is not a curry, it brings out the flavours of the dish, especially when hot, a different dimension

Chicken Jalferzi at Patti Raj some time ago , the smell of that meal in sevice did blow me away as how crurry should be tasted .

Blown away was not a following morning issue though .

Skippyjack said:
Korma is a dessert curry, and Masala isn't a curry FFS, curry without spices is not a curry, it brings out the flavours of the dish, especially when hot, a different dimension

I concur, Skip. Give the fiery goan a try, you should like it.

I haven't been since they moved from Whitechapel but this place was cracking. He was still on the pass working too

https://www.cafespice.co.uk/a-la-carte/

Cooperman said:
No worries. These are better than Patak’s and by a long way. I will pop up to Fforestfach when I get a chance, cheers for the tip off. Let me know how you get on with these.

Yes, I will let you know.

Umm, just a thought, I don't want you to have a wasted journey, I got the information for the Chettinad, from the Tesco app, you can use it for delivery, click and collect, also for checking stock in your local store, but they have a little disclaimer at the top of the page, Stock Levels are not guaranteed, I'd hate to see anyone have a wasted journey, it's showing in stock now, but how accurate that is, I'm not sure.

jack123 said:
Yes, I will let you know.

Umm, just a thought, I don't want you to have a wasted journey, I got the information for the Chettinad, from the Tesco app, you can use it for delivery, click and collect, also for checking stock in your local store, but they have a little disclaimer at the top of the page, Stock Levels are not guaranteed, I'd hate to see anyone have a wasted journey, it's showing in stock now, but how accurate that is, I'm not sure.

👍

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back