• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

FAO Monny and Pego

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 61
  • Views: Views 4,509
Thanks Dazza. On track to see them in concert in Rome on May 16.
For connesseurs of Italian tv crime series, I am staying in Montalbano's house on the coast of Sicily for two nights later that week (it's a b&b).
Since I look remarkably like him, I'm taking my blue suit so I can sit out on the balcony in my shades to see what Italian lovelies sidle up to me.
Mamma mia!

Pegojack said:
For connesseurs of Italian tv crime series, I am staying in Montalbano's house on the coast of Sicily for two nights later that week (it's a b&b).
Since I look remarkably like him, I'm taking my blue suit so I can sit out on the balcony in my shades to see what Italian lovelies sidle up to me.
Mamma mia!

Very nice Michael. 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

Ta. I've lost sight of the line up now. Is Anderson back again? Two fifths have carked it and I can't believe Wakeman is still alive. For me it's perpetually 1971 and Fragile. In fact I had it on in the car this morning. Spectacular even now.

monmouth said:
Ta. I've lost sight of the line up now. Is Anderson back again? Two fifths have carked it and I can't believe Wakeman is still alive. For me it's perpetually 1971 and Fragile. In fact I had it on in the car this morning. Spectacular even now.

Heart of the sunrise one of their finest moments.

J_B said:
Heart of the sunrise one of their finest moments.

Yup

Check this out, never thought this would be possible! Hard to believe the bassist isn't the ghost of Chris Squire :eek: :eek: :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yVWwjI932k

Pegojack said:
Mamma mia!

Brilliant- massive fan. On my bucket list too. Careful you don’t swim out too far mind.

monmouth said:

Me too, Monny. Drove back from Alicante airport late last night to the strains of the Yes Album, Fragile and Close to the Edge. Amazing to think this music is fifty plus years old. Youngsters on here will be wondering what the hell we're on about.

Sorry, for Howe, Schellen, Davison, Downes and Sherwood to call themselves 'Yes' is not cricket.

All decent musicians (Howe and Sherwood exceptional) but not Yes. Nowhere near.

https://news.yahoo.com/yes-refuses-reunite-singer-jon-160311827.html?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvL05vQ29qU1duRko&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANBwkT4vzw3vYv1xMjE3CbwwWh0xwjB2CfflfiOrLMVtRVbnT6VnrAiixVpYr47SObQMAl3vSXS9t3AwuLDOv_pcvpZlr5CcyQ3UHlHD3jm0QoSz3jJVBBiCBu6WL5Xtr0782t60f55dPNfaBdv7sUKwhpq6i5VwAe9sthreVHAM&guccounter=2

I recently rediscovered the 1971 Yes cover of Simon and Garfunkel's "America" and had forgotten just how spectacularly good it is.

Thanks, Dazza, for the Jon Anderson article. A very interesting read.
I'm gutted because the Steve Howe version of the band, who I have tickets to see in Rome in May, have postponed their tour for the second year running, this time blaming insurance problems. I vented my feelings to their management in an email yesterday demanding my money back after two years of waiting, which will probably have zero effect.

Darran said:
https://news.yahoo.com/yes-refuses-reunite-singer-jon-160311827.html?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvL05vQ29qU1duRko&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANBwkT4vzw3vYv1xMjE3CbwwWh0xwjB2CfflfiOrLMVtRVbnT6VnrAiixVpYr47SObQMAl3vSXS9t3AwuLDOv_pcvpZlr5CcyQ3UHlHD3jm0QoSz3jJVBBiCBu6WL5Xtr0782t60f55dPNfaBdv7sUKwhpq6i5VwAe9sthreVHAM&guccounter=2

Without him, it's not Yes. It's just a tribute band.

monmouth said:
Without him, it's not Yes. It's just a tribute band.

I tend to agree with you, Monny, his voice is the soundtrack of my youth.
However, Steve Howe is still worth seeing, he's a fantastic guitarist.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back