• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Fifteen pager when we lose eight when we win

Copamundial said:
Yes we did play well against Millwall and they certainly were not the better team that’s my opinion ok.

No we didn't, they were definitely the better side. I know it is your opinion, you're entitled to it

Copamundial said:
Yes we did play well against Millwall and they certainly were not the better team that’s my opinion ok.

We played better at Millwall and lost, better again today and won. At no point in either game were we “superb” though. That’s silly talk.

Stonecoldjack I don’t think you’re stonecoldsober that’s for sure.
19 shots with eleven on target against 10 with three on target tells me we played well ..oh and I’m sure you’re going to love this bit 76% possession v 24.

Millwall won the game and for some that’s the end of the argument but the better side never.

Copamundial said:
Stonecoldjack I don’t think you’re stonecoldsober that’s for sure.
19 shots with eleven on target against 10 with three on target tells me we played well ..oh and I’m sure you’re going to love this bit 76% possession v 24.

Millwall won the game and for some that’s the end of the argument but the better side never.

Genuinely, people believing we were ‘superb’ and ‘the better team’ against Millwall sums up everything that is wrong. We were not. Passing it back and forth in midfield because the other team let us and thus getting high possession stats does not make us either superb nor indeed better than them.

Today we played better than we have for a while. More direct, a different formation, Ntcham in his actual position etc. I enjoyed the game. Could have ended up differently if the penalty shout had been given, but let’s thank God it didn’t. Great three points, let’s move on.

At least we are almost certainly safe now. Gives us a summer to completely reset which is much needed both on and off the pitch.

The gloating at other supporters is awful btw.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Genuinely, people believing we were ‘superb’ and ‘the better team’ against Millwall sums up everything that is wrong. We were not. Passing it back and forth in midfield because the other team let us and thus getting high possession stats does not make us either superb nor indeed better than them.

Today we played better than we have for a while. More direct, a different formation, Ntcham in his actual position etc. I enjoyed the game. Could have ended up differently if the penalty shout had been given, but let’s thank God it didn’t. Great three points, let’s move on.

At least we are almost certainly safe now. Gives us a summer to completely reset which is much needed both on and off the pitch.

Couple of points:

Who is gloating today?
We were better at Millwall than we had been for quite a while. Nothing to do with high possession stats, we were actually playing forwards and having a little go.

Londonlisa2001 said:

We were the better team at Millwall, even there supporters were saying so. Can’t see how anyone could watch that game and think otherwise to be honest but suppose we all see it differently.

Fingers crossed for a reset in board room, but doubtful. Give Russ the pace and mobility he’s been asking for and we’ll improve next season.

Risc said:
We were the better team at Millwall, even there supporters were saying so. Can’t see how anyone could watch that game and think otherwise to be honest but suppose we all see it differently.

Fingers crossed for a reset in board room, but doubtful. Give Russ the pace and mobility he’s been asking for and we’ll improve next season.

Like we were supposed to improve this season after last season providing Russ had a pre season?

Come on Risc

Risc said:

Pace and mobility.....Russ has done ev5to remove that.....Joseph and Whittaker shipped out....playing walking football

Great to get a win today and keep a clean sheet but let's not lose sight of the bigger picture...4 wiansnin 20 games and two of those against 10 men.....
I want him gone in the summer ....happy with 3 points today but it's one swallow....and it is crazy how the boards are not alight tonight but perhaps it's a sign of how apathetic our fanbase has become....as a result of what has been served up by Russ

A4Jack said:
Like we were supposed to improve this season after last season providing Russ had a pre season?

Come on Risc

I've been as critical as most the past few months, but to not be able to celebrate todays win is absolutely pathetic. Ah but Bristol were poor, ah but we haven't improved since last season, ah but Russ shouldn't have celebrated at the end. Come on ffs, I though I was a miserable get.

Too many fans paint themselves into silly corners, If they support someone some do it blindly, if they dislike someone they will continue to do it no matter what. See it all the time, on here and other social media outlets.

It's okay to give praise where it is due, without any ah but ah but's.

Risc said:

Pace and mobility.....Russ has done ev5to remove that.....Joseph and Whittaker shipped out....playing walking football

Great to get a win today and keep a clean sheet but let's not lose sight of the bigger picture...4 wiansnin 20 games and two of those against 10 men.....
I want him gone in the summer ....happy with 3 points today but it's one swallow....and it is crazy how the boards are not alight tonight but perhaps it's a sign of how apathetic our fanbase has become....as a result of what has been served up by Russ

A4Jack said:

Come on Risc

We were four points off the play offs in January, then decided to bring zero bodies in to help, while losing one of last seasons main men in Obafemi. Season was over as soon as the clock struck on deadline day.

Neath_Jack said:
I've been as critical as most the past few months, but to not be able to celebrate todays win is absolutely pathetic. Ah but Bristol were poor, ah but we haven't improved since last season, ah but Russ shouldn't have celebrated at the end. Come on ffs, I though I was a miserable get.

Too many fans paint themselves into silly corners, If they support someone some do it blindly, if they dislike someone they will continue to do it no matter what. See it all the time, on here and other social media outlets.

It's okay to give praise where it is due, without any ah but ah but's.

Who said it wasn't celebrated? I did with my dad and my son.

We must be different. I find it hypocritical to be chanting for Russell and praising him when I find some of his traits and general management of the team poor for a large part of his time here.

That's reality. You may be happy to ride the crest of a wave after one win. Others aren't. And that's fine surely?

We won three games between 1st November and 31st Jan. Two of those against ten men. The idea that our downturn in form is because of the lack of activity in the transfer window is one of the more laughably bollocks ones spun in defence of Russy.

This is the same Russy who apparently needs pace but almost totally ignored Oko-Flex when he was available to him. The same Russy who has spent £2.5m on defenders and a goalkeeper yet presides over one of the worst defences in the division.

Neath_Jack said:
Couple of points:

Who is gloating today?
We were better at Millwall than we had been for quite a while. Nothing to do with high possession stats, we were actually playing forwards and having a little go.

The idiot who started this thread.
We were a little better against Millwall but were not the better side nor were we superb.

It shows how low our expectations are.

We played better again today and had the rub of the green. Let’s enjoy it while we can. Opportunities to do so have been few and far between this season.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back