• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Fifteen pager when we lose eight when we win

A4Jack said:
Who said it wasn't celebrated? I did with my dad and my son.

We must be different. I find it hypocritical to be chanting for Russell and praising him when I find some of his traits and general management of the team poor for a large part of his time here.

That's reality. You may be happy to ride the crest of a wave after one win. Others aren't. And that's fine surely?

Aye, you really sound like someone that is happy after that win, not whatever has gone before, not if or how our manager celebrated the win.

I'll leave you and your painted corner to it, I've got a bear and some cocaine to watch.

Uppafuckingswans

Londonlisa2001 said:
The idiot who started this thread.
We were a little better against Millwall but were not the better side nor were we superb.

It shows how low our expectations are.

We played better again today and had the rub of the green. Let’s enjoy it while we can. Opportunities to do so have been few and far between this season.

The poster who started this thread, is correct (albeit clumsily).

A draw would have been a fair result against Wall, we had double (or thereabouts) shots on goal and almost treble the amount on target. Superb we weren't though.

Not having the rub of the green today, we totally outplayed them from start to finish (they had a bit of possession just after half time). They had a penalty shout turned down, but every other foul went in their favour, that's not a rub of the green.

Totally agree about enjoying the victory while we can, hence my crusade on here tonight.

Back to the coke and bear...

Londonlisa2001 said:
Genuinely, people believing we were ‘superb’ and ‘the better team’ against Millwall sums up everything that is wrong. We were not. Passing it back and forth in midfield because the other team let us and thus getting high possession stats does not make us either superb nor indeed better than them.

Today we played better than we have for a while. More direct, a different formation, Ntcham in his actual position etc. I enjoyed the game. Could have ended up differently if the penalty shout had been given, but let’s thank God it didn’t. Great three points, let’s move on.

At least we are almost certainly safe now. Gives us a summer to completely reset which is much needed both on and off the pitch.

The gloating at other supporters is awful btw.

Absolutely pathetic post.
I did say we played SOME superb football, “ could have ended up differently if the penalty shout had been given” yeah ok … if my auntie had balls and all that.
What is it exactly that you dislike about the bloke?
And nobody is gloating, just trying to give some balance and perspective to counter the one eyed Jack comments of some.

Give this a try …,Uppa Jacks…not hard is it.

Neath_Jack said:
The poster who started this thread, is correct (albeit clumsily).

A draw would have been a fair result against Wall, we had double (or thereabouts) shots on goal and almost treble the amount on target. Superb we weren't though.

Not having the rub of the green today, we totally outplayed them from start to finish (they had a bit of possession just after half time). They had a penalty shout turned down, but every other foul went in their favour, that's not a rub of the green.

Totally agree about enjoying the victory while we can, hence my crusade on here tonight.

Back to the coke and bear...

No he’s not. The reason less posts were made today is because (a) we were at home so less are online and (b) it’s Mother’s Day and people are busy.

People overreact to both wins and losses. At the end of the day we are 16th ish in a division which is unbelievably low quality. A win is to be celebrated especially as it means it we will stay up, but this season has been bloody awful overall.

Copamundial said:
I did say we played SOME superb football, “ could have ended up differently if the penalty shout had been given” yeah ok … if my auntie had balls and all that.
And nobody is gloating, just trying to give some balance and perspective to counter the one eyed Jack comments of some.

im-not-a-fan-im-a-superfan-matt-iseman.gif

Copamundial said:

We are 16th mind.

I don’t dislike him personally, I don’t know him. I think he’s a poor manager. Opinions differ.

Londonlisa2001 said:
No he’s not. The reason less posts were made today is because (a) we were at home so less are online and (b) it’s Mother’s Day and people are busy.

People overreact to both wins and losses. At the end of the day we are 16th ish in a division which is unbelievably low quality. A win is to be celebrated especially as it means it we will stay up, but this season has been bloody awful overall.

Nonsense. If you are talking about the matchday thread then fair enough, which is why I said he is correct clumsily. Because if we are all so glad that we won today, there would be plenty of posts and threads saying so, without having to add the but, but, but bits.

Take a look around, including your posts.

Yay we won, but but but.

Londonlisa2001 said:
We were a little better against Millwall but were not the better side nor were we superb.

We played better again today and had the rub of the green. Let’s enjoy it while we can. Opportunities to do so have been few and far between this season.

You been on the all day brunch down spoons?
I might be an idiot but at least I’m not so far up my own backside that I believe I’m the font of all knowledge when it comes to football tactics.

Lineker look out she’s coming for you.

If we revert to type and lose the next few, I imagine the thread superfan will be nowhere to be seen (as he has been for the majority of the time recently). Oh the irony...

For clarity, I sincerely hope we win every game we play irrespective of the identity of the manager. Whatever the results, I doubt my reaction will be to come on here and try to score points.

More than happy with 3 points today.
So what's the chance of this so called super football we played happening again?
I didn't go today out of choice and didn't see the game on any stream so I am unable to comment.
I can only comment on what I've seen over the last 6 months. Which I will not do so today as I'd rather enjoy my team picking up 3 points.

JackSomething said:
If we revert to type and lose the next few, I imagine the thread superfan will be nowhere to be seen (as he has been for the majority of the time recently). Oh the irony...

For clarity, I sincerely hope we win every game we play irrespective of the identity of the manager. Whatever the results, I doubt my reaction will be to come on here and try to score points.
Superfan, Idiot , great stuff keep it coming.

Londonlisa2001 said:

You can add me to the list of people who think we were the better team against Millwall.

Londonlisa2001 said:

People say that the Championship is low quality pretty much every year. I don't quite get the argument. It's not the PL. There are always one or two standout teams (often the ones relegated from the PL), and they normally get promoted. The rest are always a bit meh, but to say it's "unbelievably low quality" is nonsense.

I have no opinion on the "fewer" posts today ...

Neath_Jack said:
Nonsense. If you are talking about the matchday thread then fair enough, which is why I said he is correct clumsily. Because if we are all so glad that we won today, there would be plenty of posts and threads saying so, without having to add the but, but, but bits.

Take a look around, including your posts.

Yay we won, but but but.

The days of me being incredibly excited when we win or incredibly disappointed when we lose are long behind me to be honest. Largely because I’m not 15 any more.

As I said, I think people overreact either way.

I’ve been saying for weeks we won’t go down, today cements that.
Everyone is glad we won. Doesn’t mean it’s all suddenly fine and dandy.

Btw - he was talking about the match day thread, not me.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back