• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Formula 1 decider

The FIA have already tweeted the result, they did so about 15 mins ago. I can’t see any change of direction from this point onwards.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1470108100862619653

To say I was flabbergasted that was the way a championship was decided, is an understatement. The rules need a serious review. If I were Mercedes I'd be f kin tampin.

All things considered I think this has to go down as one of those completely astonishing finishes to a sporting spectacle, and where the result was probably just about the right one.

If there was a general agreement beforehand to do whatever was needed to finish under race conditions then this has to be considered.

It then comes down to whether Hamilton and Verstappen take the opportunity for tires, one did and one didn’t.

Cooperman said:
All things considered I think this has to go down as one of those completely astonishing finishes to a sporting spectacle, and where the result was probably just about the right one.

If there was a general agreement beforehand to do whatever was needed to finish under race conditions then this has to be considered.

It then comes down to whether Hamilton and Verstappen take the opportunity for tires, one did and one didn’t.

Ffs what a disgrace. Diabolical.

It’s ‘tyres’ Coops mun.

Cooperman said:

I maybe thick but until the safety car came out,Hamilton was miles ahead of Red Bull. How was MV next to him when they started racing or did I miss something.🤔 Mind you we were getting ready to go out at the time, and I haven't seen the replay.👍

Jack2jack said:
Cooperman said:

I maybe thick but until the safety car came out,Hamilton was miles ahead of Red Bull. How was MV next to him when they started racing or did I miss something.🤔 Mind you we were getting ready to go out at the time, and I haven't seen the replay.👍

Under safety car rules the field can bunch back up together, even to the point where cars can be separated by just a few cm. A virtual safety car requires drivers to maintain a stable gap.

Cooperman said:

That’ll be the key I think.
I can’t see anything changing the result if it’s true. Not even the Court of Arbitration, which seems to be the way it’s going.

Edit: It’s all a bit farcical though

Cooperman said:
Jack2jack said:

Under safety car rules the field can bunch back up together, even to the point where cars can be separated by just a few cm. A virtual safety car requires drivers to maintain a stable gap.
Ok, cheers Coops, I think the rules need changing and simplifying if possible. Why cant the positions be maintained whilst the safety car is on the track, seems a bit bonkers to me. Safety car goes in, start racing again, simple or not.

Libertarian said:
Cooperman said:

That’ll be the key I think.
I can’t see anything changing the result if it’s true. Not even the Court of Arbitration, which seems to be the way it’s going.

Edit: It’s all a bit farcical though

Damon Hill was waving a statement around that showed this, so yes it’s the defining piece as I see it. Mind you that doesn’t take away the obvious disadvantage that Hamilton was then placed under.

Jack2jack said:
Cooperman said:
Ok, cheers Coops, I think the rules need changing and simplifying if possible. Why cant the positions be maintained whilst the safety car is on the track, seems a bit bonkers to me. Safety car goes in, start racing again, simple or not.

I think that’s what the virtual safety car rule enforces, however they only have to reduce speed by a certain amount and that was determined as still being too fast for the incident that triggered all this. Rule changes will surely follow.

Jack2jack said:
Cooperman said:
Because to allow the marshals to deal with the incident you can't have the cars spaced out around the circuit.
You need them to bunch up to create a gap where we can clear the debris, move the car, etc

When all debris is clear, and it's safe to race again, then drivers should be made to pull back to something resembling the spaces beforehand, ESPECIALLY if someone has new tyres and has regained track position because of track control giving them it. I am fcking livid 😡

Manselton Jack said:
Because to allow the marshals to deal with the incident you can't have the cars spaced out around the circuit.
You need them to bunch up to create a gap where we can clear the debris, move the car, etc

Oh aye, good point.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back