• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Goodbye letter from Matthew Collins. YJB

Swanjaxs

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Stumbled across this just now, absolutely astonishing bravery.

Best wishes on your final journey YJB 🫡

My goodbye letter to the people I love as brain cancer slowly shuts off my body

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/goodbye-letter-people-love-brain-28086290#ICID=Android_WalesOnlineNewsApp_AppShare

Heartbreaking 💔

I read about his illness in the week, that article / letter is a very tough old read.

Bravery of people is off the charts at times.
God speed to you buddy.

Dreadful,horrible disease. I had a mate who had this and it’s awful watching someone change so quickly.
Best wishes to you Mathew and family.

Wow, hell of a read that, about Matthews life. What a writer!!

I really hope he raises the funds for this other treatment.. So sad reading that, I think his honesty and writing technique has overwhelmed me somewhat..

Not going to lie, I'm in bits reading that.

Come on guys, use your social media contacts to spread this as far and wide as we can. Matthew already has the initial £75k towards the treatment he so hopes will prolong his life.

Hi guys and gals,

I’ve not posted on here in a long, long, time. I never posted much anyway, just logistical DM messages really about sorting lifts to Wembley for fans based in the valleys, etc., so I’ve been more of an observer than a contributor — and I couldn’t remember my old username so have had to re-register. To be honest, I’m quite forgetful these days, having had part of my brain removed in the location where my memory is stored, so it’s not surprising that I’ve forgotten whether I was Matt this or the other.

I registered a new account to say thank you. Thank you for the kind words of support on this thread, but moreover, to the forum for giving a platform for Swans’ fans to connect and engage, to form friendships. I’ve not met 99.9% of people on here, or even engaged directly, but I read the forum daily so have felt like I’ve gotten to know a few of you over the years (sounds a bit weird, I know).

Thanks again for the support and maybe see you down the Liberty one day, hopefully. Matt x

Matt Collins said:
Hi guys and gals,

I’ve not posted on here in a long, long, time. I never posted much anyway, just logistical DM messages really about sorting lifts to Wembley for fans based in the valleys, etc., so I’ve been more of an observer than a contributor — and I couldn’t remember my old username so have had to re-register. To be honest, I’m quite forgetful these days, having had part of my brain removed in the location where my memory is stored, so it’s not surprising that I’ve forgotten whether I was Matt this or the other.

I registered a new account to say thank you. Thank you for the kind words of support on this thread, but moreover, to the forum for giving a platform for Swans’ fans to connect and engage, to form friendships. I’ve not met 99.9% of people on here, or even engaged directly, but I read the forum daily so have felt like I’ve gotten to know a few of you over the years (sounds a bit weird, I know).

Thanks again for the support and maybe see you down the Liberty one day, hopefully. Matt x

Thanks Matt, I think many of us can relate to what you say about the forum

Matt Collins said:
Hi guys and gals,

Good lad.

Fund has now reached just over £83k so about one third of the way to the £250k target.

I'm making no apology for keeping this thread on page 1 of this board. Keep sharing folks

legoman said:
Fund has now reached just over £83k so about one third of the way to the £250k target.

I'm making no apology for keeping this thread on page 1 of this board. Keep sharing folks

Someone pin it?

Latest update from Matt suggests the fund is now in excess of £92k against the target of £250k.

Fingers crossed for this young man and bear in mind he is pursuing a novel therapy so the learnings from his treatment will help others in future too.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back