• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Hacksaw Ridge

Niigata Jack

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Watching it now on Great Movies +1, what a film, can't believe that I haven't watched it before, truly inspiring.

The scenes on top of that ridge were extraordinary, and to think it's based on true events

One of my favourite war movies. Andrew Garfield is brilliant in it.

FelindreJack said:
One of my favourite war movies. Andrew Garfield is brilliant in it.

I agree he was outstanding, surprisingly Desmond Doss managed to live a good life after the war, he sadly passed away at 87 in 2006, saved 75 of his injured Combat unit, I couldn't even to begin to appreciate the brutality of that battle. :(

Niigata Jack said:
I agree he was outstanding, surprisingly Desmond Doss managed to live a good life after the war, he sadly passed away at 87 in 2006, saved 75 of his injured Combat unit, I couldn't even to begin to appreciate the brutality of that battle. :(

What he done is absolutely unimaginable, literally something you’d see in movies but to think he actually done that, after all the bother he had about being a conscientious objector as well. Unfortunately that breed of man is dying out quickly. I would hate to imagine what my generation of men would be like in that situation.

FelindreJack said:
What he done is absolutely unimaginable, literally something you’d see in movies but to think he actually done that, after all the bother he had about being a conscientious objector as well. Unfortunately that breed of man is dying out quickly. I would hate to imagine what my generation of men would be like in that situation.

If films like that tell us anything, especially true story film's it should be that Wars should never fought.

I can't believe that he actually survived the ordeal, that was a magnificent achievement in itself let alone the 75 live's he saved.

FelindreJack said:
Absolutely nothing Daz

The lessons should be learnt from all wars, two world wars were fought, which caused millions of deaths plus the massive destruction of the Countries involved, look at Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and now Ukraine destruction and a massive loss of life all because of yet another despot, so no lessons have be learnt and
unfortunately they never will be.

Watching films like Hacksaw Ridge and reading books about Wars, brings all the wars tragedies home to you.

Niigata Jack said:
The lessons should be learnt from all wars, two world wars were fought, which caused millions of deaths plus the massive destruction of the Countries involved, look at Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and now Ukraine destruction and a massive loss of life all because of yet another despot, so no lessons have be learnt and
unfortunately they never will be.

Watching films like Hacksaw Ridge and reading books about Wars, brings all the wars tragedies home to you.

Well said Stevie everyone should be kind to each other.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back