• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Harassment of women at football matches.

Swanjaxs

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Interesting (and disturbing) article about womens experiences while following thier teams.
Looks like there is still a lot to learn even in this day and age...

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/footballs-misogyny-problem-316209

Darran said:
exiledclaseboy said:
That’s a disturbing read.

There’s a lot of misogynistic c*nts about.

There are. Problem is that complaining about it gets the generic and lazy WOKE insult thrown at you.

Away games are the last relic of (thankfully) a bygone period, which is why the last remaining dinosaurs are holding onto them as vehicles for their bile.

Clubs/stewards largely don't give a f**k what the away fans are doing until they start fighting or destroying things

Far too many decent men who are unwilling to speak up to let the idiots know they're out of order.

Shocking. No one should be subjected to this sort of harassment, particularly women/girls etc.
Lots of CCTV around these days, surprised these incidents dont get to court. Makes you wonder if anyone cares. Sums up society really.

Swanjaxs said:
Interesting (and disturbing) article about womens experiences while following thier teams.

You've only got to read football forums to see that football fans* still live in the dark ages, where things said and dressed up as having a laugh, such as calling someone gay as an insult, or telling women to get back in the kitchen etc. But it's all bants innit, all lads together. There's been plenty of examples of that even on this forum.

It shouldn't be taking articles like this for men to think about how bad it is, just open your eyes and call it out when you see it, how ever minor it might seem.

*not all fans obviously.

Neath_Jack said:
Swanjaxs said:

You've only got to read football forums to see that football fans* still live in the dark ages, where things said and dressed up as having a laugh, such as calling someone gay as an insult, or telling women to get back in the kitchen etc. But it's all bants innit, all lads together. There's been plenty of examples of that even on this forum.

It shouldn't be taking articles like this for men to think about how bad it is, just open your eyes and call it out when you see it, how ever minor it might seem.

*not all fans obviously.

You don’t have to look far to find it.

Neath_Jack said:
Swanjaxs said:

You've only got to read football forums to see that football fans* still live in the dark ages, Rwhere things said and dressed up as having a laugh, such as calling someone gay as an insult, or telling women to get back in the kitchen etc. But it's all bants innit, all lads together. There's been plenty of examples of that even on this forum.

*not all fans obviously.

Great post dear friend. I actually asked about a forum thread last night but of course I had no reply.

Deeply disturbing but not surprising having witnessed so many thugs and idiots over the years.

The scenes from the Wembley final were an absolute disgrace and were covered up by the establishment. England should have received a ban on supporters home and away.

My wife, ex and daughter have been going to home and many away games since the 90s.

The facilities they've had to put with over the years were worse than the NB bogs we had.
Male stewards doing searches.

We all have heard the chants home or away.
As away fans, Male or female you're fair game to the home fans.
Same from the away end to home fans.

Will need very firm stewarding at every ground to eradicate the chanting.

The rest.
Women or men should be safe to move around on transport, or anywhere else no matter what.
And the fact is that far too many snowflake parents have let moral standards slip in their kids.

And until parents start being tougher with their offspring, the problems will only get worse.
As they have in the recent decades.

Dewi1jack said:
My wife, ex and daughter have been going to home and many away games since the 90s.

The facilities they've had to put with over the years were worse than the NB bogs we had.

The rest.
Women or men should be safe to move around on transport, or anywhere else no matter what.
And the fact is that far too many snowflake parents have let moral standards slip in their kids.

And until parents start being tougher with their offspring, the problems will only get worse.

Always to easy to blame the parents, and one I couldn't disagree with more, even if i tried. Especially seeing as you've thrown in the word "snowflake".

It's a classic lazy mantra, similar to those that say people can't be struggling financially as they've got a big TV or mobile phone. Most of the homophobic or misogynistic things I've read on Swansea forums have come from men who are 40 / 50 + years of age.

Neath_Jack said:
Dewi1jack said:

The rest.

Always to easy to blame the parents, and one I couldn't disagree with more, even if i tried. Especially seeing as you've thrown in the word "snowflake".

It's a classic lazy mantra, similar to those that say people can't be struggling financially as they've got a big TV or mobile phone. Most of the homophobic or misogynistic things I've read on Swansea forums have come from men who are 40 / 50 + years of age.

So parents ignoring bad behaviour in their kids is ok?
We went from one bad extreme in parenting and schools(cane, smacking etc) to the other end where you explain why someone shouldn't do something wrong, but with no adequate punishment.
Until the parents of today can find a sort of middle ground, then I don't see a way forward.

You sum it up.
Jump on the word snowflake, and ignore anything else.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back