• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Heading to the pub?

When do you envisage your first post lockdown visit to the pub?

• This week

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • This weekend

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Within the next fortnight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Within July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Later than July

Votes: 28 82.4%

• Total voters

Cooperman

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
For residents of Wales with their new found freedom...

I can’t see me going for a long time again.
I went yesterday afternoon for the first time since before lockdown.
Apparently my wife turned up to look for me at 10pm and I asked her for her number.

Darran said:
Apparently my wife turned up to look for me at 10pm and I asked her for her number.

Did you get it?

I'm somewhat surprised at the voting stance to date.

Darran said:
BanosSwan said:
Darran said:

Did you get it?

Nah.

That doesn't surprise me.

We intend to go for a drink and summat to eat. Not our usual behaviour, but we want to put a few quid their way.

I think this virus has already changed lives more profoundly than anything else in Peacetime.

We are and will see social patterns change,handshakes,family tactile interactions and going to the pub will be anothers that'll go for many.I'm not a big drinker and if I want a drink,I'll have one at home and if company is required ,I''ll invite people.The thought of being in a confined place ,at a bar,with people whose normal habits are filthy fills me with dread.No? Consider every time you go to a pub on a busy night ,go to the toilet and watch how few wash their hands-the most basic of thing,then waltz back to the group of chums .

Pub close?Too bad.We dont need the thousands around which were initially to water the "working man" after a hard day at the pit/works/mill/market. They closed mines/shipyards/Mills/ and whole communities were effectively wiped out with no compensation. Pubs closing en masse doesn't bother me at all.

Some say this virus is a hoax and we are too afraid and need to "man" up.Ive heard this myself,so no further evidence needed for me to keep me well away from a pub. For Johnson to open them and betting offices before the like of Gyms shows massive naievity.

I always wash my hand after relieving myself in the pub loo. I use my elbows to open the loo door back into hallway and elbows again to get back into the lounge bar. I’ve got to get down on one knee to manage the lounge door, but it’s worth it. I go back to my spot with my hands in my armpits. Hopefully no-one has handled my pint glass and I grasp it gingerly with a slight sense of foreboding. I keep on hand in my armpit in case I touch any surface with it. Getting a round in is no problem as I have a system. All the glasses are washed prior to my buying new drinks, and I pay with notes (treated at home), and I get them to put the change Into a plastic bag, for treatment when I get home. I could pay by card but then I would have to touch a keypad, if they don’t have contactless.

I am very fastidious about my personal hygene, and I realise my immune system is practically defunct as it has nothing to do. I just hope a bug doesn’t catch me out as I’ll be dead in no time.

airedale said:
I always wash my hand after relieving myself in the pub loo. I use my elbows to open the loo door back into hallway and elbows again to get back into the lounge bar. I’ve got to get down on one knee to manage the lounge door, but it’s worth it. I go back to my spot with my hands in my armpits. Hopefully no-one has handled my pint glass and I grasp it gingerly with a slight sense of foreboding. I keep on hand in my armpit in case I touch any surface with it. Getting a round in is no problem as I have a system. All the glasses are washed prior to my buying new drinks, and I pay with notes (treated at home), and I get them to put the change Into a plastic bag, for treatment when I get home. I could pay by card but then I would have to touch a keypad, if they don’t have contactless.

I am very fastidious about my personal hygene, and I realise my immune system is practically defunct as it has nothing to do. I just hope a bug doesn’t catch me out as I’ll be dead in no time.

One legacy of COVID will definitely be the improvement in personal hygiene habits (at least in the developed world) which in turn will see a reduction in other ailments and illnesses.

Cooperman said:
airedale said:

One legacy of COVID will definitely be the improvement in personal hygiene habits (at least in the developed world) which in turn will see a reduction in other ailments and illnesses.

It should be but take a good look around and it is shocking many have no idea of personal hygiene.As for social responsibility,look at any beach after a fine day and witness the desecration of our beautiful country.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back