• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ins & Outs + Squad updates & Transfer links

Badlands said:
Swansea93 said:
George Friend latest player to be linked to us from Middlesborough.

Why bring in a left back for one season unless Joh or Bidwell ar leaving? I would hope Jordi Govea would have overcome his injury problems too.

Is Govea any good?
He's got hamstrings like Jeff.

Very good but ... as you point out is and has been hampered by injury.

Badlands said:
Very good but ... as you point out is and has been hampered by injury.

I only saw him play once for the under 23's & it was his first game back after injury so not fair to judge him on that.
Can't have long left on his contract either??

Sebastiano Luperto from Napoli on loan according to Italian sources.

Luperto would be a top signing, type of signing we need.

Someone posted that we are eyeing up some interesting deals.

magicdaps10 said:
Luperto would be a top signing, type of signing we need.

Someone posted that we are eyeing up some interesting deals.

What do you know about signore Luperto?

Had a look on Twitter and the only info I can find on the Luperto link is a fake/parody account tweeting it.

GriffTom said:
Had a look on Twitter and the only info I can find on the Luperto link is a fake/parody account tweeting it.

Even if this story is a non starter, I hope this is an indication that we are looking outside the box for signings. The previous rumours over a Portuguese and Romanian player would also point towards this strategy too.

Didn’t we have Gerry Tremmel scouting for us in Germany a few years back? He suggested Benda for us. I think he’s not associated to the club now, but we’re building a good reputation for developing young players. Maybe not on the same scale as Leipzig or Brentford as two examples, but that’s what we should be aiming for.

Swanseaborn said:
GriffTom said:

Even if this story is a non starter, I hope this is an indication that we are looking outside the box for signings. The previous rumours over a Portuguese and Romanian player would also point towards this strategy too.

Didn’t we have Gerry Tremmel scouting for us in Germany a few years back? He suggested Benda for us. I think he’s not associated to the club now, but we’re building a good reputation for developing young players. Maybe not on the same scale as Leipzig or Brentford as two examples, but that’s what we should be aiming for.

It looks to be a complete made up story so it doesn't really give us any indication of what we are doing. If the rumour Darran heard about the Romanian fella signing pre contract then I would agree, things quiet all over the shop at the moment in terms of transfers. I don't think there will be a lot of business done this summer with any clubs due to Covid. The signing of Moore at a modest fee for Cardiff I would say is pushing to boat out at present.

Kevin Stewart, defensive CM on a free being linked by Sky - just left Hull & ex-LFC youngster.

Thornburyswan said:
Kevin Stewart, defensive CM on a free being linked by Sky - just left Hull & ex-LFC youngster.

Could be a great signing on a free, seems we were linked with him in 2017 but Liverpool didn't want to sell.

Thornburyswan said:

If it’s the one I’m thinking of he was absolutely dreadful against us at the KC

Edit - It wasn't, he was on bench. Not sure whether that's a good thing or not.

Not sure about Stewart - not good enough for a really poor Hull side (yes we made them look like world beaters)
As one person you can only do so much but Hull shipped a shed load of goals when he was picked.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back