• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Insight on MK Dons duo Andy Fisher and Matt O'Riley

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 123
  • Views: Views 10,708
Risc said:
PSumbler said:
I think it was only a loan until January when it was agreed?

Yeah apparently so, one of the MK Dons fans just corrected me on twitter!

They can be quite touchy MK Dons fans mind :lol:

PSumbler said:
Risc said:
Yeah apparently so, one of the MK Dons fans just corrected me on twitter!

I have noticed 😂

To be honest it’s not a signing I’m that bothered about, I’d rather us use any resources we have elsewhere but if the rumours have been right about Fisher I think Martin will be gutted if he doesn’t get him.

Risc said:
PSumbler said:

I have noticed 😂

To be honest it’s not a signing I’m that bothered about, I’d rather us use any resources we have elsewhere but if the rumours have been right about Fisher I think Martin will be gutted if he doesn’t get him.

Are you referring to the rumours that we can't / won't pay 400k for him?

Chief said:
Risc said:
I have noticed 😂

But a few days ago the rumours were the fee was agreed? I can't keep up. But it's always like this in January. To be fair Martin said himself the covid restrictions put on us could mean the plans for transfer window could change.

Chief said:
Risc said:
I have noticed 😂

Not sure about those rumours because not heard them but if we can't that is a concern (and I don't believe it personally) and if we won't then that will be the decision of those paid to make those decisions?

To the "We can't" - there is nothing that has happened this season so far that will have meant we dont have that kind of transfer budget. The money we just borrowed for Rodon wont be a transfer budget in full but these things are planned.

I suspect if we aren't moving for FIsher then he is overpriced or maybe just it is now felt that he is not what we need. Or maybe we are stalling with Laird gone and having the predicted re-think on what we need to do.

But I don't believe those rumours that we do not have that kind of money.

What I could believe is that our ownership group is making a complete hash of transfer negotiations or they are trying to claim no money to try and see if they can make the new Trust board drop legal action for a packet of polos and three weeks supply of Dr Pepper.

PSumbler said:
Chief said:

Not sure about those rumours because not heard them but if we can't that is a concern (and I don't believe it personally) and if we won't then that will be the decision of those paid to make those decisions?

Whilst it might be as I’m a tad more positive than most personally I think the unexpected Laird recall has had the impact of a full stop & think reaction - possibly impacted as JS is in town - clearly money is tight, as it is with all of the non-parachute payment clubs, but for me more of checks & balances before moving players in/out.

Additionally we still have at least 8/9 days before we play a meaningful game so I think RM/MA/JW/JS are just trying to make the most of the financial limits that we have - noting we are not going up happy to give it at least a couple more weeks before getting too concerned.

Thornburyswan said:
PSumbler said:

Whilst it might be as I’m a tad more positive than most personally I think the unexpected Laird recall has had the impact of a full stop & think reaction - possibly impacted as JS is in town - clearly money is tight, as it is with all of the non-parachute payment clubs, but for me more of checks & balances before moving players in/out.

Additionally we still have at least 8/9 days before we play a meaningful game so I think RM/MA/JW/JS are just trying to make the most of the financial limits that we have - noting we are not going up happy to give it at least a couple more weeks before getting too concerned.

Nothing in that I would disagree with

I am also intrigued by the fact that there seems to still be no official announcement anywhere on Laird yet

PSumbler said:
Thornburyswan said:

Nothing in that I would disagree with

I am also intrigued by the fact that there seems to still be no official announcement anywhere on Laird yet

I have found it odd no official confirmation about Laird going. I'd like to think maybe we are trying hard to keep him, or maybe even he has asked Man Utd to reconsider, though that's probably pushing it admittedly.

I did see the rumour that our league position is making it difficult attracting players, and to be honest that wouldn't surprise me, clubs want their players challenging for things, being in a pressure cooker situation, and that just isn't us at the moment. I'd be shocked if Man City for example would want one of their youngsters like Mcatee coming down here. We went on a bad run of form at the worst possible time.

I think I saw that Laird would be officially announced at Bournemouth today.

With regards to the league position it probably doesn’t help but we do have 4 games in hand over Huddersfield in 6th place, add to that Villa were a mid table team and got promoted after having a run from end of February 18/19 season if I remember.

Risc said:
Chief said:

But a few days ago the rumours were the fee was agreed? I can't keep up. But it's always like this in January. To be fair Martin said himself the covid restrictions put on us could mean the plans for transfer window could change.

Yea I agree, there's a lot going on at the moment, but none of the rumours or what we currently know for certain are particularly exciting.

PSumbler said:
Chief said:

To the "We can't" - there is nothing that has happened this season so far that will have meant we dont have that kind of transfer budget. The money we just borrowed for Rodon wont be a transfer budget in full but these things are planned.

I suspect if we aren't moving for FIsher then he is overpriced or maybe just it is now felt that he is not what we need. Or maybe we are stalling with Laird gone and having the predicted re-think on what we need to do.

What I could believe is that our ownership group is making a complete hash of transfer negotiations or they are trying to claim no money to try and see if they can make the new Trust board drop legal action for a packet of polos and three weeks supply of Dr Pepper.

Hmm I see. Just reading on the other site rumours that Silverstein is over here but he's being justly (maybe the fan ban has spooked them) or unjustly (maybe shareholding issues you've suggested) very (maybe too) prudent. Which doesn't conflict with your thoughts at all.

We'll see.

Swansea93 said:
I think I saw that Laird would be officially announced at Bournemouth today.

With regards to the league position it probably doesn’t help but we do have 4 games in hand over Huddersfield in 6th place, add to that Villa were a mid table team and got promoted after having a run from end of February 18/19 season if I remember.

Yeah it's now official

https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/1479105489103310853?s=20

Chief said:
PSumbler said:

Hmm I see. Just reading on the other site rumours that Silverstein is over here but he's being justly (maybe the fan ban has spooked them) or unjustly (maybe shareholding issues you've suggested) very (maybe too) prudent. Which doesn't conflict with your thoughts at all.

We'll see.

I've never met Silverstein so I cant comment on him as an individual but if his track record on negotiating transfers is like the rest of the group (who get involved) then we need to be afraid :lol:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsLyall/status/1479095095043530759?t=qY7IF1BVkRDn-OVlmQ-g9A&s=19

Journos still saying that talks ongoing in relation to 3 Mk Dons players.

This is going to look ridiculous if after all this, Silversteins jetted over and is trying to low ball them with silly offers or we don't have the money.

Chief said:
https://twitter.com/SkySportsLyall/status/1479095095043530759?t=qY7IF1BVkRDn-OVlmQ-g9A&s=19

Journos still saying that talks ongoing in relation to 3 Mk Dons players.

This is going to look ridiculous if after all this, Silversteins jetted over and is trying to low ball them with silly offers or we don't have the money.

If the third is Twine, then we definitely won’t have the money for all three.

Though I hope we have something in martins contract that he can’t shaft us and take all of our players with him if he’s ever headhunted, he’s showing no mercy to the franchise.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back