• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Investment

Marchamjack

First Team Player
Reaction score
People on all variety of threads on here and on twitter, FB talking about investment in the close season so that Cooper (or whoever the new manager will be) can improve the team next season...these Yanks have been in charge now for 5 years or so...zero investment at all...why does literally anyone think they’re going to now suddenly change their ownership model?

I don’t get what more evidence anyone needs to see which has been in front of their eyes after all this time that there will be none. Again 🤷‍♂️

Ayew 5M wages
Lowe 800K
Whittaker 800K
Loan fees & wages from Premier League teams
Sign on fees & wages for free agents

Balanced the books and we’re running on safe ground at present, would you rather us be like Stoke finishing mid table with 80M in debt?

Everyone would rather abit more investment but I would rather us in little to no debt.

Marchamjack said:
People on all variety of threads on here and on twitter, FB talking about investment in the close season so that Cooper (or whoever the new manager will be) can improve the team next season...these Yanks have been in charge now for 5 years or so...zero investment at all...why does literally anyone think they’re going to now suddenly change their ownership model?

I don’t get what more evidence anyone needs to see which has been in front of their eyes after all this time that there will be none. Again 🤷‍♂️
Interesting feature on the BBC Sport website about how Norwich won't be spending huge amounts to stay in the Premier League.

Quote: "You can spend £120m and still get relegated..."

Investment = ‘When someone you despise (a rich person), puts their personal money in for your Saturday entertainment’

So, in very basic terms, given the transfer fees and PL monies received since they’ve owned the club set against player purchases/loan fees/wages, then the owners have not spent/invested a penny in the club. Nor will they.

The bigger question to me based on this ownership model is what will the owners do once the saleable assets run out to fund their ongoing ownership?

Marchamjack said:
So, in very basic terms, given the transfer fees and PL monies received since they’ve owned the club set against player purchases/loan fees/wages, then the owners have not spent/invested a penny in the club. Nor will they.

The bigger question to me based on this ownership model is what will the owners do once the saleable assets run out to fund their ongoing ownership?

If the majority owners "invested" as you desire, the Trust would need to put an equal amount in, or see their share reduced. If the club borrowed money to spend on players, that debt would have to be repaid, with interest, to either them or the banks. Those assets that have been sold have been sold to avoid massive losses, as relegation from the Premier League slashes your income, but sadly not any financial obligations you may have run up when there.

This has all been done to death. Numerous times.

They won't invest but they will spend a small % of the incomings from sales so I expect a sale this summer(Roberts, Cabango or Grimes) to allow a bit of spending although I still feel they didn't use much of the Rodon fee.
Big money doesn't need to be spent if the box clever on bosmans and scouting improves.

The issue that worries me about the owners is why there was no faces at Wembley? I know they will hide behind covid but with the money they have and certainly could have been allowed to come over as it would have been classed as work.

The Yanks have lost interest in the club and will just asset strip and recover their initial outlay with a high rate of interest added (as any investor would).

Neither are they wily investors. They had the perfect chance to strengthen in the Jan transfer window when automatic promotion was possible and, instead, they cacked it and missed out on the biggest payday in British football. Some investors eh?

Pentyrchjack said:
The Yanks have lost interest in the club and will just asset strip and recover their initial outlay with a high rate of interest added (as any investor would).

Neither are they wily investors. They had the perfect chance to strengthen in the Jan transfer window when automatic promotion was possible and, instead, they cacked it and missed out on the biggest payday in British football. Some investors eh?

Some would say they have already recovered their initial outlay and more...

People say that because of FFP rules it doesn't matter how wealthy a clubs owners are , I find that hard to believe , surely a club like stoke with an owner worth 10 billion are better off than us, there must be ways of getting around rules with sponsorship deals etc

I have mixed feeling about FFP , I can't think of any other sport that prevents money going into it, the smaller clubs get less transfer money and the big teams still dominate

Dr. Winston said:
Marchamjack said:

If the majority owners "invested" as you desire, the Trust would need to put an equal amount in, or see their share reduced. If the club borrowed money to spend on players, that debt would have to be repaid, with interest, to either them or the banks. Those assets that have been sold have been sold to avoid massive losses, as relegation from the Premier League slashes your income, but sadly not any financial obligations you may have run up when there.

This has all been done to death. Numerous times.

Of course the Trust wouldn’t necessarily need too, they didn’t under the previous owners did they, depends entirely on how the owners want to structure their majority ownership on a day-to-day working basis. I accept in that they could end up diluting the Trust’s ownership and I’ve no doubt that if/when they felt that was what they needed to do, they would. We know their attitude to the Trust already.

And maybe we’re confusing what ‘investment’ means here. I mean in simple terms in fairness they’re not providing funds for player purchases, which as a fan is what I want to see.

And to pose the question again, which none of us know really and which is the biggest concern to me given their seeming total lack of interest in us - what’s their exit strategy with us, in the event we don’t get back to the PL and all the family silvers been sold?

Marchamjack said:

The parachute payments stop now, so who is going to cover that loss?

That's why investment is the hot topic.

For several reasons (FFP, Diluting the trust, being in debt to people who can make whatever decisions they like with the club's assets etc), I do not want their money.

We have to find other ways to be competitive, whether that be better scouting, developing youth, using contacts well.

Not easy to do mind.

As has been stated elsewhere in the thread any investment in the club will see the Trusts shareholding diluted.

However, what has been clear since Day 1 is that the ownership group didnt want to invest in the club. It was one of the aspects of the sale that was so galling in that a sale could have been reached with someone who

a. Wanted to invest
b. The Trust could have created certain protections (whether it through a sale or not)

But no, there was clear collusion behind the back of the supporters and yet some still blame the Trust for it.

We have what we have because of those lauded once as our saviours who made decisions for their own gain and elected to ignore the organisation who was the only shareholder who only cared about the best interests of the football club

I blame the shithead former owners, like Martin Morgan. Not this lot, who have run the club within our means. I'd rather have a bog standard team to follow, than no club at all.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back