• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Investment

benny said:
Chief said:
Yea well why not, he seems to be funding the club already with impunity. Why stop now...

Think we only lost 12 million last season, not bad for us with covid too....god know what you lot lost as your wage bill is bigger

Who put 50p in you Benny, you fell off the face of the earth for weeks after McCarthy's bubble burst, only to reappear after the Brentford game, quickly followed by a couple more freaks from legoland

Dr. Winston said:
Marchamjack said:
As I’ve said (now for the 3rd time in this thread) I would always want the club to live within it’s means.

So we're agreed. There's no desire or need for investment and we don't want money from the owners for players via either debt or by diluting the Trusts shares. Glad we got that sorted out.

Overall they've done a piss poor job. Whilst the off pitch issues that kicked off the downward spiral that led to our relegation had begun before they took over they did little to arrest it with their hands off approach. Had they replaced Jenkins sooner when it became apparent that he'd lost the plot with someone competent like Birch we may have remained a PL club.

However, by trial and error they have stumbled into a situation where overall the club is being run reasonably well. Within its means in tricky financial circumstances. No massive debts, no massive losses. Somehow still in contention for a return to the PL. It makes no difference to me whether they retain ownership or sell out to Jeff Bezos, I'd still want us to be run in the same way.

We’re definitely agreed the owners have done an absolutely piss poor job.

As for not ever needing or desiring investment...I don’t see how the club can progress (rather than just stand still/ go backwards over time) without investment, of the right kind of course, and which protects the Trust’s position within it. That’s the ideal to me. Will we ever get it? No idea, but I can’t help wanting it all the same.

Swanjaxs said:
benny said:
Think we only lost 12 million last season, not bad for us with covid too....god know what you lot lost as your wage bill is bigger

Who put 50p in you Benny, you fell off the face of the earth for weeks after McCarthy's bubble burst, only to reappear after the Brentford game, quickly followed by a couple more freaks from legoland

Just one or two threads to comment on maybe? Talk about a non season....it’s like it never happened, I don’t think I even noticed when it ended for us. I think both our clubs should go down the same rd of sustainability....which is what this thread is about. You missing me swanny? Asking me how I was a few weeks ago then slating me when I return, had a few too many had you?

I really couldn't give a fùck how you are to be honest, just wondering why you weren't posting after the wheels came off for McCarthy that's all...

As for sustainability, let's talk again when your lot has to pay up for Sala and the whole of the football community sees your club for the filth you are

Swanjaxs said:
I really couldn't give a fùck how you are to be honest, just wondering why you weren't posting after the wheels came off for McCarthy that's all...

As for sustainability, let's talk again when your lot has to pay up for Sala and the whole of the football community sees your club for the filth you are

Ooof you sound angry and like a bit of a twat to be fair

benny said:
Swanjaxs said:

Hey bro, I'm one of the posters on here that tolerates all your bolloxs (running us up the Kingsway in the 80's you childish little cùnt) ...
Now unless you want me to block you be more respectful towards me, you fuckin wannabe Jack freak 👍😂

Swanjaxs said:
benny said:

Hey bro, I'm one of the posters on here that tolerates all your bolloxs (running us up the Kingsway in the 80's you childish little c**t) ...
Now unless you want me to block you be more respectful towards me, you fuckin wannabe Jack freak 👍😂

That’s more like it, you finally spat out what you’ve been trying too for weeks. Where did benny go? He just appeared again as we lost the playoff final, in saying that you didn’t really even show up did you? I’m just glad mick saved us from going down, we were never going up and this season meant nothing to me, dont think I even watched a game or MOTD once. It’s shit without fans. If I was you I’d be more worried about the 20 million loan you need to pay back soon. And finally, I ain’t yer bro, we have nothing in common. Enjoy league 2 :lol:

Marchamjack said:
I don’t see how the club can progress (rather than just stand still/ go backwards over time) without investment

We did it in 2011.

Football is full of people doing stupid things in the same old way. We got promoted by not doing that. We got relegated by steering right into it. We showed signs of getting back to doing it in 18/19. Sadly absent in the last two seasons.

Marchamjack said:
but I can’t help wanting it all the same.

You can want it but it doesn't exist.

This is why I'm so militant about spending. A club can have many awful owners, but if it's not overspending and in debt to someone then its existence is not in doubt. That's not to everyone's taste, but it's dependable. The club will survive. It might even prosper if it does things smartly. We can't rely on anyone to support us.

benny said:
Swanjaxs said:
Hey bro, I'm one of the posters on here that tolerates all your bolloxs (running us up the Kingsway in the 80's you childish little c**t) ...

That’s more like it, you finally spat out what you’ve been trying too for weeks. Where did benny go? He just appeared again as we lost the playoff final, in saying that you didn’t really even show up did you? I’m just glad mick saved us from going down, we were never going up and this season meant nothing to me, dont think I even watched a game or MOTD once. It’s s**t without fans. If I was you I’d be more worried about the 20 million loan you need to pay back soon. And finally, I ain’t yer bro, we have nothing in common. Enjoy league 2 :lol:

What 20million we need to pay back soon are you referring to?

Marchamjack said:
Dr. Winston said:
So we're agreed. There's no desire or need for investment and we don't want money from the owners for players via either debt or by diluting the Trusts shares. Glad we got that sorted out.

Overall they've done a piss poor job. Whilst the off pitch issues that kicked off the downward spiral that led to our relegation had begun before they took over they did little to arrest it with their hands off approach. Had they replaced Jenkins sooner when it became apparent that he'd lost the plot with someone competent like Birch we may have remained a PL club.

However, by trial and error they have stumbled into a situation where overall the club is being run reasonably well. Within its means in tricky financial circumstances. No massive debts, no massive losses. Somehow still in contention for a return to the PL. It makes no difference to me whether they retain ownership or sell out to Jeff Bezos, I'd still want us to be run in the same way.

As for not ever needing or desiring investment...I don’t see how the club can progress (rather than just stand still/ go backwards over time) without investment, of the right kind of course, and which protects the Trust’s position within it. That’s the ideal to me. Will we ever get it? No idea, but I can’t help wanting it all the same.

The ship to protect the Trust's position sailed sadly for me the moment that those "lifetime supporters" colluded against them to ensure it couldn't happen.

Had there been involvement in the sale the Trust could/would have a kitty of £15m+, possibly a small shareholding, a board representation and even investment without concern as largely there would be the kitty to "match" investment to retain say a 5% shareholding (every £1m of Trust investment would be £20m from the owners to maintain the status quo) or the Trust shareholding would be small/minimal and the £15m kitty would be earmarked for a future disaster.

But - as we know - what happened was everyone else colluded against the fans to ensure that wasn't possible and 4/5 years have now been wasted trying to right that wrong with a group of owners who know it was wrong but have no obligation to put it right. Of course there are those that spout the narrative that it was all the Trust's fault and cosyness/sleeping at the wheel was to blame but there is a group of guilty parties who decided thy would go behind the back of the fans and against the best for the football club (with all the above there is nothing to say that the Trust wouldn't have backed the deal and the fans could have been onside quite quickly)

Us losing the game last weekend took away the final chance (possibly) of the Americans righting that wrong. Promotion could have led to a share sale at a fair price. I firmly believe SIlverstein is someone who will end up with a bigger shareholding of the club (there is no other reason for him to have taken such a prominent position last year and take up the main thrust of the Trust discussions) and had we been promoted it would have been easy for him to look to say buy 50% of the Trust shares and increase his shareholding as well as effectively the American influence at the same time. Even when there was no requirement to do so (without the input of the courts)

The two main narratives enforced by the apologists from those who hear what they want to hear

As Dr W says, the club is, by some level of luck, now run within its means and has survived this period far better than I thought they would. The £10m loan remains an issue that worries me as I think it will dilute the Trust but this could have been oh so different if it weren't for the actions of a few and these discussions would be a lot different.

benny said:
Swanjaxs said:

That’s more like it, you finally spat out what you’ve been trying too for weeks. Where did benny go? He just appeared again as we lost the playoff final, in saying that you didn’t really even show up did you? I’m just glad mick saved us from going down, we were never going up and this season meant nothing to me, dont think I even watched a game or MOTD once. It’s s**t without fans. If I was you I’d be more worried about the 20 million loan you need to pay back soon. And finally, I ain’t yer bro, we have nothing in common. Enjoy league 2 :lol:

Ooo Benny with attitude 😲

What happened to the snivelling little toad that's been creeping around certain posters trying to be liked?

And no I ain't your "bro", that was just a pisstake of one of your many catchphrases ...

Now, fack off you creepy little nomark Cardiff cùnt 👍

PSumbler said:
Marchamjack said:

The ship to protect the Trust's position sailed sadly for me the moment that those "lifetime supporters" colluded against them to ensure it couldn't happen.

Had there been involvement in the sale the Trust could/would have a kitty of £15m+, possibly a small shareholding, a board representation and even investment without concern as largely there would be the kitty to "match" investment to retain say a 5% shareholding (every £1m of Trust investment would be £20m from the owners to maintain the status quo) or the Trust shareholding would be small/minimal and the £15m kitty would be earmarked for a future disaster.

But - as we know - what happened was everyone else colluded against the fans to ensure that wasn't possible and 4/5 years have now been wasted trying to right that wrong with a group of owners who know it was wrong but have no obligation to put it right. Of course there are those that spout the narrative that it was all the Trust's fault and cosyness/sleeping at the wheel was to blame but there is a group of guilty parties who decided thy would go behind the back of the fans and against the best for the football club (with all the above there is nothing to say that the Trust wouldn't have backed the deal and the fans could have been onside quite quickly)

Us losing the game last weekend took away the final chance (possibly) of the Americans righting that wrong. Promotion could have led to a share sale at a fair price. I firmly believe SIlverstein is someone who will end up with a bigger shareholding of the club (there is no other reason for him to have taken such a prominent position last year and take up the main thrust of the Trust discussions) and had we been promoted it would have been easy for him to look to say buy 50% of the Trust shares and increase his shareholding as well as effectively the American influence at the same time. Even when there was no requirement to do so (without the input of the courts)

The two main narratives enforced by the apologists from those who hear what they want to hear

As Dr W says, the club is, by some level of luck, now run within its means and has survived this period far better than I thought they would. The £10m loan remains an issue that worries me as I think it will dilute the Trust but this could have been oh so different if it weren't for the actions of a few and these discussions would be a lot different.

You know since the sale (or even slightly before it fully went through), there was reportedly a lot of negotiations between the trust and Americans. During these, did the Americans ever actually provide a concrete bid for some or all of the trust's shares?

Chief said:
PSumbler said:

You know since the sale (or even slightly before it fully went through), there was reportedly a lot of negotiations between the trust and Americans. During these, did the Americans ever actually provide a concrete bid for some or all of the trust's shares?

Before the sale No.

After the sale only the one that was presented to the members which they eventually withdrew from

Swanjaxs said:
benny said:

What happened to the snivelling little toad that's been creeping around certain posters trying to be liked?

And no I ain't your "bro", that was just a pisstake of one of your many catchphrases ...

Now, fack off you creepy little nomark Cardiff c**t 👍

Like who? I don’t creep around anyone, I don’t even know who is who since you split from the racists I’m mean right wingers :lol: shame the fat ginger from pencoed doesn’t post on here and I can’t recall my username on that other site he does post on. Still we have the village idiot from sainthelens that guy is precious and should possibly be in a museum. I’ve always known what you are like, I’ve seen your little digs ever since I popped back when the season finally ended, bit sad but at least you are nailed on now like saint and fireboy, the other mr angry. I don’t abuse you lot though as it’s not the way plus I’d get banned....strangely none of you do :lol:
As you well know I couldn’t give a shit what you think of me. You lot have been winging it for years so it’s going to be very interesting to see how you fair now you have no one to sell and no para either.

benny said:
Swanjaxs said:

Now, fack off you creepy little nomark Cardiff c**t 👍

Like who? I don’t creep around anyone, I don’t even know who is who since you split from the racists I’m mean right wingers :lol: shame the fat ginger from pencoed doesn’t post on here and I can’t recall my username on that other site he does post on. Still we have the village idiot from sainthelens that guy is precious and should possibly be in a museum. I’ve always known what you are like, I’ve seen your little digs ever since I popped back when the season finally ended, bit sad but at least you are nailed on now like saint and fireboy, the other mr angry. I don’t abuse you lot though as it’s not the way plus I’d get banned....strangely none of you do :lol:
As you well know I couldn’t give a s**t what you think of me. You lot have been winging it for years so it’s going to be very interesting to see how you fair now you have no one to sell and no para either.

Give over you big girls blouse :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back