• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Investment

Tan is putting £2m a month to cover wages and running costs to them up the road.https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-record-122m-losses-20726022
I'd be worried if i was a Cardiff fan.We had our U23s to fall back on and the money their sales have created filled that hole for us.

This is the last paragraph in the article.
The year to May 31, 2021, is also going to be very difficult financially for the club as Covid-19 has continued to have a major, adverse impact on football generally for the whole of the 20-21 season.

The continued cash flow support of Tan and other funders was mentioned at a recent meeting with fans' groups and the media and there is also some reference in the accounts (Note 29) to further funding of £34.8m received by undisclosed parties between May 2020 and the April 2021 signing of the accounts at interest rates of up to 9%.

The same accounts note reveals that part of these funds was used in that period for the acquisition of new players at a cost of £5.2m.

JoshTheJack said:
Tan is putting £2m a month to cover wages and running costs to them up the road.https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-record-122m-losses-20726022
I'd be worried if i was a Cardiff fan.We had our U23s to fall back on and the money their sales have created filled that hole for us.

How is he allowed to keep doing this then? Surely he's got no one left to dilute?

Where's FFP?

Chief said:
JoshTheJack said:

How is he allowed to keep doing this then? Surely he's got no one left to dilute?

Where's FFP?
Tbh i haven't got a clue you'd think that this is the kind of this it's supposed to stop(im not just saying that because it's Cardiff).How is that a sustainable model going forward and the other side of that is how is that fair to the clubs living within their means.

I understand to a degree because of recent relegation but £2mill a month alongside parachute payments is eye watering,This season coming up is thier last payment.Does the money tan put in every month go towards the loss?.

JoshTheJack said:
Chief said:

Where's FFP?
Tbh i haven't got a clue you'd think that this is the kind of this it's supposed to stop(im not just saying that because it's Cardiff).How is that a sustainable model going forward and the other side of that is how is that fair to the clubs living within their means.

I understand to a degree because of recent relegation but £2mill a month alongside parachute payments is eye watering,This season coming up is thier last payment.Does the money tan put in every month go towards the loss?.

The article says Tan is already owed £100million by the club too. And they're still embroiled in 4 court cases that could cost them fortune on top of that.

But none of this is new, they've been bailed out by Tan for a while. But how are they allowed to do it?

JoshTheJack said:
Chief said:

Where's FFP?

It’s bs that’s why, 2 million month ffs....it’s been broken down before on ccfc forums. It’s not possible. Our wage bill is around 25 million alleg so with parachute payments that break down at 2 million a month last season, he saying running costs are 4 million a month? 50 million a year....what about revenue from games? Advertising merchandise sponsorship etc....

benny said:
JoshTheJack said:

It’s bs that’s why, 2 million month ffs....it’s been broken down before on ccfc forums. It’s not possible. Our wage bill is around 25 million alleg so with parachute payments that break down at 2 million a month last season, he saying running costs are 4 million a month? 50 million a year....what about revenue from games? Advertising merchandise sponsorship etc....

Won't be on players wages agree. Any debts need servicing? Eg most transfer payments are staggered in installments over a number of years etc. Potential liabilities which may need to be funded, eg Sala? Legal bills, HMRC? Anything owed to previous owners?

Allergic2Hoof said:
benny said:

Won't be on players wages agree. Any debts need servicing? Eg most transfer payments are staggered in installments over a number of years etc. Potential liabilities which may need to be funded, eg Sala? Legal bills, HMRC? Anything owed to previous owners?

it’s all been analysed by a fan who is an accountant also....it generally comes down to two schools of thought, it doesn’t add up or if it does then he needs to take a long hard look at his CEO and his choice of managers who have created a club that needs 50 million a year to finish mid table in the championship. There’s no Ayew type earners at the club, Morrison possibly takes the most but don’t think anyone takes home more than 30k a week. Tan might also mean he is servicing the debts (that his mgt has created mind) as he converts his debt to equity. Apparently, they have finally seen sense and are going down the academy development route...10 years later the penny dropped. You should do anything possible to keep yours going as we have plenty of talent here in South Wales

They’ll be ok. They really are cockroaches.

Ps anyone know when the Sala judgement is due? They really did manage to kick that into the long grass.

monmouth said:

Ps anyone know when the Sala judgement is due? They really did manage to kick that into the long grass.

It's ridiculous to think they've been allowed to buy players and have a crack at getting promoted back to the premier league while it is pending.

No idea what's taking CAS so long.

Here’s the thread posted by an accountant fan if any of you are interested......

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?448901-Cardiff-City-s-Latest-Accounts-Trust-Chair-Gives-His-Analysis

Chief said:
monmouth said:

It's ridiculous to think they've been allowed to buy players and have a crack at getting promoted back to the premier league while it is pending.

Why? It wasn’t the clubs fault, it was Sala and one of Nantes dodgy agents fault or the bloke who arranged the flight. We arranged a BA scheduled flight for him, if he had taken it, he would still be alive. Just have a think about that, I know it’s difficult for many of you as you left school at 12

benny said:
Chief said:

Why? It wasn’t the clubs fault, it was Sala and one of Nantes dodgy agents fault or the bloke who arranged the flight. We arranged a BA scheduled flight for him, if he had taken it, he would still be alive. Just have a think about that, I know it’s difficult for many of you as you left school at 12

It’s also totally irrelevant. You bought the player so pay for him. Any potential (dubious) claims against third parties are an entirely separate issue, as no doubt CAS will rule.

Also 34m loans at 9% against future income to buy the shitshow that is your team? Wow.

Everything secured against the stadium and future income? Wow.

All this pre COVID? You’re fucked.

benny said:
Here’s the thread posted by an accountant fan if any of you are interested......

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?448901-Cardiff-City-s-Latest-Accounts-Trust-Chair-Gives-His-Analysis

Is it the same one from the article?.Thanks for link anyway.Whats your view on Tan Benny?

"Tbh i haven't got a clue you'd think that this is the kind of this it's supposed to stop(im not just saying that because it's Cardiff).How is that a sustainable model going forward and the other side of that is how is that fair to the clubs living within their means.

I understand to a degree because of recent relegation but £2mill a month alongside parachute payments is eye watering,This season coming up is their last payment. Does the money tan put in every month go towards the loss?."

They don't get anymore parachute payments Josh as they were relegated in their first season.

benny said:
Chief said:

Yet us early adolescent school leavers evidently have a deeper understanding of the situation than yourself. Did you go to school at all?

CAS will not rule on who booked a flight for the footballer or how said footballer who you'd already signed to a contract chose to travel on that particular day.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back